What about Tank Johnson

I know he isnt the most well behaved person in the league but after being released from the Bears I think he stayed out of trouble in Dallas. I heard he was becoming a free agent and we need another strong DT next to Marcus. I think that we could get him for cheap and then address the left end problem in the draft hopefully through acquiring orakpo or brown. I have said this in posts before and I know its common knowledge but if we have a strong d line we have majorly helped our whole team and we will be in immediate contender. I know we still need an OLB, TE, LG (I hope we can land Waters), If we can get a decent olb in free agency then we will be set up to complete our team in the draft and actually have somehting to look forward to. If Tank is not on the market then Im sorry for wasting peoples time but atleast you get my drift, I think if we add a solid DT in free agency and a stud (hopefully) DE in the draft our team will be feared.

From Scouts Inc:

Tank Johnson:

Grade: 65 | He grades out as an average starter.

Alert: None

Comment: Johnson lacks size as a NT, but is quick and agile. He primarily rotates into games where his quickness is utilized. He is not asked to stand in and take on a lot of double teams. When playing the run, he comes off the ball with good initial quickness. He moves well laterally, but is not very disciplined and will run behind blocks. He has success making plays with his overall quickness, but he also jeopardizes schemes and containment up front by being out of position. He has good athletic ability and he can quickly change directions or re-direct. He accelerates well down the line of scrimmage and shows good range to make plays outside the box. He can be moved off the ball when the center sustains good angles on him. When dealing with double teams, he is quick into the mesh and has enough strength to keep his feet and work laterally out of contact. Johnson doesn't always stay square and disciplined. As a pass-rusher he is quick off the ball, but is inconsistent clearing contact. He can win with quickness, but lacks top-hand use and pass-rush variety. He has success using counter moves to penetrate.

This would be a reach for the buffalo bills. We seem to have enough problems with a couple players breaking the law, even though Tank Johnson didn't stir up any problems in Dallas, (hopefully he learned his lesson) But this is a serious risk I don't think the Bills would ever take. He would indeed be a huge help next to Marcus, that would be two big dudes to try and run through. I would love to see this work out. Also I hope we get Waters from KC.

He had one off field issue if memory serves me and it was in Chicago. I dont think he will be an off field issue. When he was in Chi, that interior line was tough. Put him next to a pro bowl type player like Stroud and I think we have a pretty impressive tandem. I say bring him in...

I like him if the price is right. He was effective in Chicago, knows the system, seems to be a fit.

My only concern other than the price is if he is a player that is green and growing or ripe and rotting.

When he was in Chi, that interior line was tough.

I think that had more to do with Tommie Harris being healthy than Tank Johnson being there. IIRC, Johnson was a part-time player on Chicago thatj ust happened to start.

I love this idea. The guy didn't fit in a 3-4. But next to a guy like Stroud, he could really wreck havoc. Plus, Kyle Williams is best served as a rotational guy. As for the off the field stuff, he kept out of trouble in Dallas and seems well liked by his teammates. If he messes up again, he's done and the Bills look for someone else. He doesn't have much of a market right now, so IMO, it would be a pretty low risk signing. I'd love to have a guy named Tank on this team.

Defensive lines are built from the inside out. Offensive lines are built from the outside in.

From Scouts Inc:

Tank Johnson:

Grade: 65 | He grades out as an average starter.

Alert: None

Comment: Johnson lacks size as a NT, but is quick and agile. He primarily rotates into games where his quickness is utilized. He is not asked to stand in and take on a lot of double teams. When playing the run, he comes off the ball with good initial quickness. He moves well laterally, but is not very disciplined and will run behind blocks. He has success making plays with his overall quickness, but he also jeopardizes schemes and containment up front by being out of position. He has good athletic ability and he can quickly change directions or re-direct. He accelerates well down the line of scrimmage and shows good range to make plays outside the box. He can be moved off the ball when the center sustains good angles on him. When dealing with double teams, he is quick into the mesh and has enough strength to keep his feet and work laterally out of contact. Johnson doesn't always stay square and disciplined. As a pass-rusher he is quick off the ball, but is inconsistent clearing contact. He can win with quickness, but lacks top-hand use and pass-rush variety. He has success using counter moves to penetrate.

Sounds like he fits the bill. No pun intended.

Could we make him a left defensive end? Or add depth to DT and put spencer johnson onthe left end to stop the run? If we arent going to get any rush out of denney or kelsay, and we arent, then why not put a beefier guy at end to at least stop the run?