DraftTek Positional Needs

I am The Bills Correspondent to www.drafttek.com, and each month I've asked you what the positional needs are for the Bills. Every team does this, and a computer makes the picks based on our Big Board and Team Needs. Over the last few months we've been vacillating between DE and OLB, with Tight End always right in there. Here is what I have for the Bills' Team Needs right now:

QB=P9 (not likely to draft)

RB=P4 (depth need)

WR=P4 (depth need)

OT=P9 (not likely to draft)

OG=P6 (late round fill needs)

TE=P2 (team is in great need of starting calliber talent and will reach to fill the need. Reach isn't quite as great as P1)

OC=P3 (team is in need of starting caliber talent, but will not reach for it)

FB=P5 ( team absolutely wants to fill --within reason--but does not want to invest a high draft pick. Converts to P3 in RD4)

DE=P1 (can be only one P1; absolutely highest priority team need; will reach 10 spots on our Big Board to fill need)

DT=P3 (team is in need of starting caliber talent, but will not reach for it)

OLB=P2 (team is in great need of starting calliber talent and will reach to fill the need. Reach isn't quite as great as P1)

ILB=P4 (depth need)

SS=P4 (depth need---BPA at Safety ON)

FS=P4 (depth need---BPA at Safety ON)

CB=P9 (not likely to draft)

Some of the things I'm thinking:

---------We may not use FB as much this year and McIntyre is re-signed. Change FB to P9???

---------We have a OC but no OG unless they trade for Waters. Change OC to P4, and Change OG to P3 (even P2)???

---------Is DT a P3???

---------Is ILB higher than P4 because you'd like Maualuga in RD1 if it comes down to Tyson Jackson DE, Cushing or 'Luga?

---------I have selected to pick BPA at safety. Do we really want a FS and not a SS or vice versa?

I'll take your thoughts and submit changes later on tonight. Thanks for your input.

Astro

QB 9

RB 5

WR 4

TE 2

OT 4

OG 3

OC 3

DE 1

DT 2

OLB 2

MLB 3

CB 5

SS 4

FS 4

Front 7 on D andTE are my biggest concerns as FA continues and the Draft inches closer

Starting Caliber interior lineman on the offense should also be a last 1st day early 2nd target as well. OT seems to be fairly well covered, but I wouldn't pass up a gift that drops to the 3rd or 4th round here. CB is pretty well under control and I'd prefer to bring in a vet to fill the 5th CB slot. Safety can be a concern with Ko Simpsons off the field issue and lack of any real depth. A quality prospect here can't hurt. WR is a deep position, but not a strong one. If there is an upgrade to be had I'd pull the trigger, but this should be filled via FA rather than the draft. RB I'm not overly concerned about and there is plenty of average talent to be found and keep an eye on NE to possibly jettison a back now that Taylor is there.

I am The Bills Correspondent to www.drafttek.com, and each month I've asked you what the positional needs are for the Bills. Every team does this, and a computer makes the picks based on our Big Board and Team Needs. Over the last few months we've been vacillating between DE and OLB, with Tight End always right in there. Here is what I have for the Bills' Team Needs right now:

QB=P9 (not likely to draft)

RB=P4 (depth need)

WR=P4 (depth need)

OT=P9 (not likely to draft)

OG=P6 (late round fill needs)

TE=P2 (team is in great need of starting calliber talent and will reach to fill the need. Reach isn't quite as great as P1)

OC=P3 (team is in need of starting caliber talent, but will not reach for it)

FB=P5 ( team absolutely wants to fill --within reason--but does not want to invest a high draft pick. Converts to P3 in RD4)

DE=P1 (can be only one P1; absolutely highest priority team need; will reach 10 spots on our Big Board to fill need)

DT=P3 (team is in need of starting caliber talent, but will not reach for it)

OLB=P2 (team is in great need of starting calliber talent and will reach to fill the need. Reach isn't quite as great as P1)

ILB=P4 (depth need)

SS=P4 (depth need---BPA at Safety ON)

FS=P4 (depth need---BPA at Safety ON)

CB=P9 (not likely to draft)

Some of the things I'm thinking:

---------We may not use FB as much this year and McIntyre is re-signed. Change FB to P9???

---------We have a OC but no OG unless they trade for Waters. Change OC to P4, and Change OG to P3 (even P2)???

---------Is DT a P3???

---------Is ILB higher than P4 because you'd like Maualuga in RD1 if it comes down to Tyson Jackson DE, Cushing or 'Luga?

---------I have selected to pick BPA at safety. Do we really want a FS and not a SS or vice versa?

I'll take your thoughts and submit changes later on tonight. Thanks for your input.

Astro

• Changing FB to P9 sounds like a good idea.
  • P4 for OC and P2 for OG sounds about right. Or you could assign both positions to P3, on the theory that the guy we just signed (I can't spell his name) can play either OG or OC.
  • P3 sounds about right for DT.
  • I don't think ILB should be higher than P4.
  • The Bills have Bryan Scott (a good SS) and Whitner, who can play either SS or FS. I'd prefer a FS to round things out, but I wouldn't go any higher than P4 even for FS. Maybe SS should be P6 or lower.

well at this very instant OG is a P2 - but probably come draft day it would be a P3 since we have to sign somebody. OC and OG are kind of linked, in that the reserve will probably have to be able to step in at either position.

DT is kind of between a P3 and P4 - its a spot where we'd take a starting caliber talent if the opportunity is there in round 1 or 2, but we could live with a depth addition later to replace McCargo on the bottom of the rotation. I guess that may fit the definition of P3.

CB - I think we are always willing to draft corners.

OLB - seems more like a P3 to me. It may be that I just think you don't have to reach for linebackers, in general, cause they tend to get drafted later then prognosticators expect (though less so with OLBs).

Let me try to summarize what you're saying so far.

Offense

Change FB to P9. --We're not drafting a Fullback.

Change OC to P3 and OG to P2 (for now). --Would be nice to bring a guy like Eric Wood along if we got him in RD3.

Change WR to P9. --You're comfortable, especially if we picked up a guy like Coles.

Defense

DE is still P1 --Rush defender and pass rusher.

DT is still P3 --You need the depth possibly to replace McCargo as the #4.

OLB is still P2 --You're not thrilled with what we have, and Crowell will probably be signed elsewhere.

ILB is P3 --In other words, if Raji and Cushing are gone and Maualuga is BPA, take him.

SS=P6 (depth need---BPA at Safety still ON)

FS=P4 (depth need---BPA at Safety still ON)

Still don't understand the love for CB in this draft. Will keep at P9 unless I hear some more reasoning. The only answer I like so far is that it's a deep draft at CB, but that's a P6 at the very most--late rounder with some injury, perhaps.

'Gox, can you explain the CB and FB being ranked up there on your list?

Of course this is just my opinion.

We signed Mcntyre recently, so I'm assuming that is who we are going with. Since Schonert doesn't really value FB's too much, I don't see puting too much priority at this position. As far as CB, I think we will be fine at the CB position this year, there seems to be some good depth, I don't think it's a major priority to address in this years draft.

Of course this is just my opinion.

We signed Mcntyre recently, so I'm assuming that is who we are going with. Since Schonert doesn't really value FB's too much, I don't see puting too much priority at this position. As far as CB, I think we will be fine at the CB position this year, there seems to be some good depth, I don't think it's a major priority to address in this years draft.

Got it. So FB,CB,OT,RB,QB would be P9--not in play this draft unless someone really falls to us.

Thanks.