Speculation on Fitzpatrick's contract

There will be no problem. Fitzpatrick is better than J.P, so we are better off with him in than J.P.

Could we really have done worse than J.P?

As far as Trent Edwards being discontent. He doesn't strike me as that kind of person. He knows he is going into a contract year next year, and he knows what he needs to do, not just for Buffalo but for himself. He is a person that seems very comfortable in his own skin and I expect after this year, which will be a good year for him (if he stays healthy), he will get a big contract going into his last year of the contract.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I suspect RF got himself a healthy raise. Apparently there was a line of GMs trying to ink this guy, after hearing how productive he has been throughout his career, via Russ Brandon. Even the Pats wanted him pretty bad to back up Brady knowing they were going to GIVE Cassel to the Pioli's.

There will be no problem. Fitzpatrick is better than J.P, so we are better off with him in than J.P.

Could we really have done worse than J.P?

As far as Trent Edwards being discontent. He doesn't strike me as that kind of person. He knows he is going into a contract year next year, and he knows what he needs to do, not just for Buffalo but for himself. He is a person that seems very comfortable in his own skin and I expect after this year, which will be a good year for him (if he stays healthy), he will get a big contract going into his last year of the contract.

8 TD's & 9 INT's, Ryan is VERY Trent like. :unsure: Nice to know someone on this board has the finger on Trent's pulse, I have NO IDEA myself what kind of person Trent is.

I'm assuming that he struck a deal in the neighborhood of $900k to $1mil per season. IF that turns out to be the case, how will Trent respond to his backup making more than double?

Well, since that's about the Vet minimum, I suppose he took it all in stride... :unsure:

Well, since that's about the Vet minimum, I suppose he took it all in stride... :unsure:

That's what I was just going to say.

It seems like every post of mine comes back to Alex Smith tody. Fitzpatrick was the 14th rated QB in the 2005 draft class... by far the worst draft class I can remember.

QB's ranked higher going into the draft:

Aaron Rodgers, California

Alex Smith, Utah

Charlie Frye, Akron

Jason Campbell, Auburn

Kyle Orton, Purdue

Andrew Walter, Arizona St.

Adrian McPherson, Florida St.

David Greene, Georgia

Stefan LeFors, Louisville

Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut

Derek Anderson, Oregon St.

Gino Guidugli, Cincinnati

Jason White, Oklahoma

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Harvard

Not making that list, and selected just before Ryan Fitzpatrick......... Matt Cassel

And then not announce it for months and months amid growing speculation and unrest?

This could be why they aren't signing any free agents, waiting to see how much they spend on Trent?

I guess thats what we want, our young QB in TE being groomed by his backup that is younger and has less experience than him. :huh: . I mean don't bring in any experienced QB like Warner or Trent Green or Brad Johnson...no ,lets bring in another unproven commodity and pay him more than the starter :blink::wallbash: The savior in case TE fails.

I guess thats what we want, our young QB in TE being groomed by his backup that is younger and has less experience than him. :huh: . I mean don't bring in any experienced QB like Warner or Trent Green or Brad Johnson...no ,lets bring in another unproven commodity and pay him more than the starter :blink::wallbash: The savior in case TE fails.

And don't forget the controversy that will begin when TE gets hurt and Fitz plays slightly better in relief. :wallbash:

Yeah he has, he put Leinart on the bench where he belonged. We will see if he learned anything from his time behind Kurt.

You mean young QBs are supposed to learn by watching, not playing? :huh:

You are talking about very well coached and very well disciplined organization in New England...very rare in todays NFL and nothing like the Buffalo Bills joke of an organization. :blink:

:huh: Yeah, I'm talking about the proper way to develop a QB not the Bills way. There are VERY FEW QB's coming out of college with the ability to start.