Very good article about this year's cap changes

Article by Joe Reedy, Cincinnati Enquirer 03/01/09.

He writes about 5 major changes...

- Length of time in prorated signing bonuses reduced.

- The June 1 rule is gone.

- Incentives count immediately.

- Say "hello" to the 30 percent rule.

- Guaranteed salaries move forward.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009030...0415/1066/SPT02

Article by Joe Reedy, Cincinnati Enquirer 03/01/09.

He writes about 5 major changes...

- Length of time in prorated signing bonuses reduced.

- The June 1 rule is gone.

- Incentives count immediately.

- Say "hello" to the 30 percent rule.

- Guaranteed salaries move forward.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009030...0415/1066/SPT02

thanks for the heads up. With these changes in mind, I still don't understand how the hell the Redskins could drop all that guaranteed money when they had less than 10 mil under the cap.

Is it because teams dont want to go over the cap for fear of next year, or is it they cant at all? If they still can go over, Snyder just may be saying "to hell with the cap," I'll do what I please.

I still can't see them not having to cut some serious fat off their roster to stay under.

thanks for the heads up. With these changes in mind, I still don't understand how the hell the Redskins could drop all that guaranteed money when they had less than 10 mil under the cap.

Is it because teams dont want to go over the cap for fear of next year, or is it they cant at all? If they still can go over, Snyder just may be saying "to hell with the cap," I'll do what I please.

I still can't see them not having to cut some serious fat off their roster to stay under.

I never try to understand the 'Skins. :oops:

These changes certainly are having an effect. No more hoping for those June cuts to pick up a player, or cut a player. Looks like a lot of players will be nailed to their current teams.

Perhaps a good reason to stockpile draft picks, ala NE*

It's also why trying to translate the salary cap remains akin to passing an advanced placement calculus final.

AP exam for Calculus was not that tough. I think difficulty mostly comes from having to remember all of the rules.