Trade for Cutler

Come on now, statements like this are just silly. Dont you think his record is affected by the fact that his defense cant stop a high school football team? Cutler passed for over 4500 yards last year and the Broncos didn't miss the playoffs because of him, they had a shot at the playoffs because of him and wouldn't have even won 4 games without him at QB.

Brees didnt make the playoffs either because of his defense...should we just say he isnt very good either?

I like Cutler a lot too but it's interesting that his college team never had a winning record or went to a bowl game. You can say it's because he went to Vandy but it's interesting his teams struggle to win.

I like Cutler a lot too but it's interesting that his college team never had a winning record or went to a bowl game. You can say it's because he went to Vandy but it's interesting his teams struggle to win.

Trent didnt win a game his Sr. Year at Stanford...whats your point here about college records?

Trents college record at Stanford... 9 wins, 18 losses...never had a winning season, lost all 6 games he started his senior year...so why is Cutlers college record in this discussion when he is clearly the far better QB thus far in the NFL, the only league that currently matters.

FYI: 2 Big differences in Cutler and Edwards...

1. Cutler has a big arm, better suited for Buffalo

2. Cutler keeps getting better each year and Trent regressed...

Bring in Cutler!

i agree he has the big arm. my question is what good is a big arm if the offensive scheme doesnt utilize it? (i.e jp losman)

If the Bills wanted Cutler why didn't they just get him instead of Donte Whitner? In the '06 draft... :unsure::w00t:

IMO, he would have been stupid to give up on Losman at that point. You needed to see for certain if the guy could make it. And ultimately, unfortunately for us, he didn't. But I won't kill the Bills for passing on QBs at that point.

I think Denver is trying to trade him because he doesn't fit the offensive style that McDaniels brings to Denver. Short dink and dunk passes that would have worked if Cassell was there. Trading Trent, and whatever draft picks that it may take would be a no brainer if we could do it. If tampa could have had him for a 1st and 3rd. I would do that trade.

thats an interesting point, edwards might be very interesting to them

Well, he was injured for most of the year but I get your point. At the same time, doesn't Trent have a winning record in the NFL?

He wasnt hurt though the first 6 games, all losses. But college records dont matter, I was only addressing the comments made about Cutlers college record.

NFL records are not an accurate indication of a QB's performance...football is a team game, QB is very important, but a teams ability to win doesnt rely only on the QB. Good teams can overcome marginal QB play...

Brees doesn't have an impressive record because of his teams, however, he is easily a top 5 QB in this league...Flacco has a good record even though he didn't play all that well because his team was good enough to win with his level of play...

He wasnt hurt though the first 6 games, all losses. But college records dont matter, I was only addressing the comments made about Cutlers college record.

NFL records are not an accurate indication of a QB's performance...football is a team game, QB is very important, but a teams ability to win doesnt rely only on the QB. Good teams can overcome marginal QB play...

Brees doesn't have an impressive record because of his teams, however, he is easily a top 5 QB in this league...Flacco has a good record even though he didn't play all that well because his team was good enough to win with his level of play...

your right drew brees is a top 5 qb, who has not only gotten to the playoffs he has won in the playoffs. in cutlers short career what has he done beside accumlate a record of 17-24. yes he is young...whats this his 4th or 5th year now...but he hasnt won at the collegiate level nor the professional level. you want to say a team has an effect of the qb but how about peyton manning and the colts in the earlier part of the decade? the colts had one of the worst defenses in the league year after year but because of peyton manning they won atleast 10 games a year? or tom bradys pats pre randy moss? did he have that dynamic go to reciever? my point is cutler is good nobody is denying that but to make him seem like this trascendent player and he has a losing record because of his teams terrible defense is ridiculous

I would send them Lynch and Edwards for Cutler straight up. (if they would even consider accepting that offer.)

I really love Lynch as a RB - but I don't want any crimminals on the roster.

According to some here, the more criminals we get / the better off we are.

Come on now, statements like this are just silly. Dont you think his record is affected by the fact that his defense cant stop a high school football team? Cutler passed for over 4500 yards last year and the Broncos didn't miss the playoffs because of him, they had a shot at the playoffs because of him and wouldn't have even won 4 games without him at QB.

Brees didnt make the playoffs either because of his defense...should we just say he isnt very good either?

We would have to wake up our WR's and poke them with sticks if Cutler came here. Man....would that be a good thing! Maybe even a great thing! Maybe even Coles would come here if we landed Cutler.

And I guess you like to see Denver as a playoff team every year. This is why fans shouldn't have any say in a team. How stupid can you get?

Personally I can get pretty stupid - but not on this issue.