Miami Herald on Coles

I think the Dolfelons are smart by staying away from Coles.

How long would it be until he wants more money? Holds out?

Do we really want another headache in Buffalo?

Coles a headache!

Naa

your reading to much into it.

He most likely got advice from his agent, telling him to get released so they could sign onto a more lucrative deal.

Bad Advice!

Now he is stuck waiting around, getting hardly any interest because every one knows what sort of $ he is looking for. I'm sure he is hating his position that he is in right now.

I'm very happy that the Bills are putting a timeline to their contract offer. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't chase after him with more money, I doubt any one else will. Take it or leave it!!

Is Coles definitively on record for demanding $6 million per year, or is that figure just out there because its what he gave up to become a UFA?

He may be willing to take a 4-year contract that averages quite a bit less, structured with a $3-$4 million signing bonus (that gets him close to $6 million in year one) and becomes more cash-to-cap friendly in years 2-4.

He's worth $3M/year to me for 2-3 years. Otherwise, let him walk. Again, it's not our fault he walked away from $6M in guaranteed money. He should fire his agent.

I'd go 3 years; $12m-$15m. Is it too much? Sure, but so what. We are well under the cap, and who else is out there to help the Bills. You HAVE to spend something and bring someone in to put this team at least into the playoffs

Instead of throwing big money at an average reciever who's now over the age of 30, how about we let Steve Johnson take over the possession receiver duties. You know, the guy who caught two red zone touchdown passes with the defenders draped all over him. Yes, two touchdowns in the red zone! Isn't that what we've been waiting for??? The guy is tall, quick footed and has great hands...

Check out the highlight videos on this link...

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevejohnson/profile?id=JOH673533

Check out the feet, strength and catching ability...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6OZ7n6ao

But this is the way of the Bills, keep their best and most talented players on the bench until injury forces the inept head coach's hand to actually play the guy (see Greer, Jackson). Coles is too short and old for him to give us anything more than Steve Johnson would give us. I think that if Johnson was given the full time starters job he'd have 8-10 touchdowns in 2009. They should have used that money to get one of those three defensive players the Giants just grabbed. The stupidity at One Bills Drive continues...

But this is the way of the Bills, keep their best and most talented players on the bench until injury forces the inept head coach's hand to actually play the guy (see Greer, Jackson).

Since when has Jackson ever been nailed to the bench? Or Greer for that matter?

Since when has Jackson ever been nailed to the bench? Or Greer for that matter?

You are kidding me, right???? :unsure:

Ever hear of a Bill named Anthony Thomas (aka A-Train)?

Ever hear of a Bill named Jason Webster?

Both Jackson and Greer were firmly planted below those two players I mentioned until injury forced that moron of a head coach's hands.

Cole is hugely overrated, that's why no one wants him. Johnson is obviously not going to get his chance to be the next Greer or Jackson. The Bill have continuity all right, continuity of stupidity.

4 days ago we were all hell bent on the Bills focusing on defensive line and offensive line in free agency. Now we're all gung ho about Coles when we just need more faith from the brass in Buffalo with Steve Johnson (6'2") and James Hardy (6'6").