Bills Have End Date

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting that the Bills are the team pursuing WR Laveranues Coles hardest. Hutchinson also mentions that two teams thought to be interested in bidding on Coles' services, the Dolphins and Browns, have already dropped out of the running. Teams like Cincinnati may enter the bidding (depending on what happens today with T.J. Houshmandzadeh), but right now, it's "Buffalo or wait" for Coles.

The Bills, however, are playing their cards correctly on this. Obviously the team wants him here, but they're not going to leave an offer dangling out there forever so that Coles can use it as leverage if a new team enters the bidding. We felt sure, and it was confirmed to us by a source close to the team, that the Bills have an end date on their offer to Coles. They'll pull the offer and move on before getting into a bidding war with him, and that's the smart play. It's on Coles' shoulders from here. Hopefully, we'll know something by day's end, but for now, we'll dub Mr. Coles "Panda II".

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting that the Bills are the team pursuing WR Laveranues Coles hardest. Hutchinson also mentions that two teams thought to be interested in bidding on Coles' services, the Dolphins and Browns, have already dropped out of the running. Teams like Cincinnati may enter the bidding (depending on what happens today with T.J. Houshmandzadeh), but right now, it's "Buffalo or wait" for Coles.

The Bills, however, are playing their cards correctly on this. Obviously the team wants him here, but they're not going to leave an offer dangling out there forever so that Coles can use it as leverage if a new team enters the bidding. We felt sure, and it was confirmed to us by a source close to the team, that the Bills have an end date on their offer to Coles. They'll pull the offer and move on before getting into a bidding war with him, and that's the smart play. It's on Coles' shoulders from here. Hopefully, we'll know something by day's end, but for now, we'll dub Mr. Coles "Panda II".

Smart tactic on the Bills part ... I would assume it is pretty standard though. Teams have to retain the flexibility of going after other players without being held hostage by one.

I like the way they are handling this situation. We've put an offer out there, probably a pretty good offer, and if he doesn't want to take it let him walk. I believe we need another WR to go with Evans. But if he wants to try to play that game, he can shove it. I like what he would bring to the team, but he doesn't have us under his thumb and to think that would be as arrogant as you could get.

I like the way they are handling this situation. We've put an offer out there, probably a pretty good offer, and if he doesn't want to take it let him walk. I believe we need another WR to go with Evans. But if he wants to try to play that game, he can shove it. I like what he would bring to the team, but he doesn't have us under his thumb and to think that would be as arrogant as you could get.

His first mistake was leaving 6 million guaranteed when he bolted the Jets.

If this is all about him trying to recoup that and then some, IMHO he can

take a hike.

I hope the Bills gave him a fair offer though, with incentives and not in base

pay. Make him work for it.

Again the fact that there is little movement league wide with FA at this point, I think

that takes some of the stress out of "sign him now!".

I kept thinking Coles would ultimately return to the Jets (he left on very good terms, considering their differences in the past). But now my gut is telling me that's not an option. I think with Ryan, they are turning over a new leaf. They have spent money on Bart Scott and Lito Sheppard. They still need to do something about QB.

So if money matters (and I'm sure it does), I think we still have a very good chance.

I kept thinking Coles would ultimately return to the Jets (he left on very good terms, considering their differences in the past). But now my gut is telling me that's not an option. I think with Ryan, they are turning over a new leaf. They have spent money on Bart Scott and Lito Sheppard. They still need to do something about QB.

So if money matters (and I'm sure it does), I think we still have a very good chance.

My guess is that we offered him $3-4 million a year, and he is desperately trying to find someone to give him more.

Considering what we are paying Lee Evans ,I think 3-4 million plus incentivies is a good deal for an older player

I like what the Bills are doing so far this offseason

getting rid of Dockery and Royal ( no brainer)

getting a guard and backup QB that doesnt threaten Trent

I would like them to take care of Peters so he can show up for the OTA's

Getting Walters for a season or 2 and adding Coles would make a pretty good offseason so far

Cant wait for the draft next month

Come on coles!! Nobody else wants you but us. We know you really don't want to play here but still!!

I don't know that he doesn't want to play here. I think he's trying to get more money than the Bills offered him.

Considering what we are paying Lee Evans ,I think 3-4 million plus incentivies is a good deal for an older player

I like what the Bills are doing so far this offseason

getting rid of Dockery and Royal ( no brainer)

getting a guard and backup QB that doesnt threaten Trent

I would like them to take care of Peters so he can show up for the OTA's

Getting Walters for a season or 2 and adding Coles would make a pretty good offseason so far

Cant wait for the draft next month

Shhh, don't say that in front of the idiots who think the Bills should have signed: Haynesworh, whosyourmomma, Coles, Brown, Saturday, traded for Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Scheffler, Aquired Peyton Manning, Eli Manning for his backup and every other star player on every team. The Bills suck and it proves Ralph is a cheap assed mo-fo.

Only an anis would turn down the Bills offer.

It's anus you anis!! What an a-hole!! :oops: