If Coles signs it will make the offense better

The Bills need to make up grades on D. I just hope that they will not wait and think they can fix all the problems with rookies. I would like to see the Bills upgrade the LB and add depth at S positions in FA.

Then they can choose which position to gamble on in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Then they could go with DE (1st) and TE (2nd)

They do need to upgrade on defense too, for sure. We need a DE, an OLB, a S, and a DT. But the defense was ranked 14th. Not too bad, especially given the terrible offense, which ranked 28th. Based on those two numbers it is easy to see where most of the problem resides.

There was no way they were going to bring people in during the stupid money period of free agency. We still have a long ways to go and I'm sure they'll get a few people signed before the next two weeks are done.

Yeah, some real big name guys who are sure to turn us around. Guys like Fitzpatrick and Harngartner.

They do need to upgrade on defense too, for sure. We need a DE, an OLB, a S, and a DT. But the defense was ranked 14th. Not too bad, especially given the terrible offense, which ranked 28th. Based on those two numbers it is easy to see where most of the problem resides.

We need to be a top 10 D if we plan on beating any of the teams in our division. Yes improve the offense... No argument there. We need to get meaner and faster at DE LB and S and teh draft wont do it all

Yeah, some real big name guys who are sure to turn us around. Guys like Fitzpatrick and Harngartner.

They signed what are probably modest deals.

But they didn't bring anyone on the midnight flight/train/whatever to Buffalo ala a few years ago. No big press conferences, just a signing and off they went.

But continue in your jaded sarcasm. I wouldn't you to hurt yourself being rational.

We need to be a top 10 D if we plan on beating any of the teams in our division. Yes improve the offense... No argument there. We need to get meaner and faster at DE LB and S and teh draft wont do it all

Do you honestly think Buffalo is going to go into next season with Keith Ellison starting at OLB when Cato June, Derrick Brooks, Jamie Winborn, Freddy Keiaho and Angelo Crowell are all on the market?

The only difference between signing one of those guys right now and signing one of them Wednesday is that the Wednesday version is cheaper.

They signed what are probably modest deals.

But they didn't bring anyone on the midnight flight/train/whatever to Buffalo ala a few years ago. No big press conferences, just a signing and off they went.

But continue in your jaded sarcasm. I wouldn't you to hurt yourself being rational.

Sorry dude, my sarcasm was a byproduct of my disappointment with the Bills FO and not a shot at you. I'm just itching for something to get me excited about the Bills this year. I haven't been this down on them in years.

Do you honestly think Buffalo is going to go into next season with Keith Ellison starting at OLB when Cato June, Derrick Brooks, Jamie Winborn, Freddy Keiaho and Angelo Crowell are all on the market?

The only difference between signing one of those guys right now and signing one of them Wednesday is that the Wednesday version is cheaper.

They also could have a couple of guys they're already targeting in the draft like Freeman, Cushing, or Matthews to fill the void at OLB. They might be content with letting one of those guys come in and start their rookie season. I do think they will more than likely sign some one to play OLB in FA and I think it will be Cato June or Crowell.

they didn't have a top 10 D last year and they still had a chance to win 4-5 games against their own division, if only the offence could have figured out how to put the ball in the endzone when they were on offence

Sorry dude, my sarcasm was a byproduct of my disappointment with the Bills FO and not a shot at you. I'm just itching for something to get me excited about the Bills this year. I haven't been this down on them in years.

It's cool - I think it's wearing on all of us. And now it's a catch 22 of FA knowing that Jauron has a year and not wanting to tie themselves to a HC that isn't guaranteed to be there a few more years. AND still have to be paid fair market value instead of ridiculous money.

I think that these next two weeks though, we will sign a few guys. Like you said, our D was in the middle third of the nfl in yardage, and our scoring defense was in the top 12 or so - which, considering our deficiencies is pretty good.

At this point we can figure they'll draft a DE in the first two rounds.

SLB we can still pick up in FA, or draft worst case.

Safety they'll probably look for a vet to replace Simpson.

LG we can look at trade (Waters), injured (Simmons - who they are probably waiting on test results before they offer), older vets (Goff) or draft a C/G like Unger/Mack/Wood or a true guard like Robinson.

TE - Trade or Draft. If we get Pettigrew, that's fine. But, if the price for a Scheffler or a Daniels is too high we can get one like them in the draft (Casey,Cook,Nelson,Ingram,Morrah,Beckum)

If they can just make the offense a little more potent, I think we'll see (with the parts added) the defense prove to be made of sterner stuff.

Same team :oops:

Go Bills!

Yes I do. And i will continue to believe that until they start bring in some of these players. What makes your think otherwise? I am normally not this negative about the Bills, but like Ralph said at the end of last season, "We don't have the talent to compete." That was true then, and it is still true.

And waiting until Wednesday might mean that the best LB might be gone. Or the best DL (that is left). Come on the Front Office of the Bills (threeheaded monster) should be able to multitask.

Nick,

This is a pretty down year for Linebackers (or outside Linebackers in particular). Sure, we can beat down the door for a guy and pay him a ton to get here, but if one of those old guys get hurt, ole no-sand-in-his-pants is going to trot right back out as a starter.

Boley was probably one of the bigger catches at OLB, and he went to the Giants to finally replace...Kawika. Or, we can get a guy like Peterson and push Poz to the outside, which wouldn't be a terrible thing either.

Yes I do. And i will continue to believe that until they start bring in some of these players. What makes your think otherwise? I am normally not this negative about the Bills, but like Ralph said at the end of last season, "We don't have the talent to compete." That was true then, and it is still true.

And waiting until Wednesday might mean that the best LB might be gone. Or the best DL (that is left). Come on the Front Office of the Bills (threeheaded monster) should be able to multitask.

I have no idea what you're panicking about. There are at least 5 OLBs who fit the bill. As time goes on, the prices of these players drop. Its very easy to understand.

Obviously they can multitask, because they're negotiating with Jason Peters, Laveraneus Coles and Jabari Greer at the same time. Not to mention Kendall Simmons is still on the radar, in all likelihood.

I have no idea what you're panicking about. There are at least 5 OLBs who fit the bill. As time goes on, the prices of these players drop. Its very easy to understand.

Obviously they can multitask, because they're negotiating with Jason Peters, Laveraneus Coles and Jabari Greer at the same time. Not to mention Kendall Simmons is still on the radar, in all likelihood.

LOL I'm not panicking. I just what the Bills to be better. And I want them better now! (on paper at least)

They will address the D next year. The Bills seem to have a pattern with what they think are upgrades. Two years ago, Walker and Dockery, last year Stroud and Mitchell, this year Hangartner and what Brandon thinks was the FA move of the century....Fitzpatrick. The Bills can only handle one side of the ball during free agency. Next year my friend, next year will be defense.