What's with all the WR talk?

Virgil

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the games that JP didn't start and Trent didn't look like a deer in headlights, we had no problems passing the ball. In fact, if the running game could have done anything, then we would have won some of those games by even more of a margin. In any case, it definitely seemed like we had the guys who could get open and make some catches, even Steve Johnson showed some flashed here and there. But the QB situation really never gave them a chance when they Trent/JP weren't on their game.

Personally, I like our WR's. Reed is great as safety blanket slot/3rd receiver. Which leaves either Roscoe or Johnson to run around in any 3 receiver sets. I just don't see this as a need.

It's a need, just not their biggest one and shouldn't be their top priority IMO.

They need help at virtually every position on the field except RB (depending on how long Lynch is out), OT, and CB (when they lose Greer you could possibly say they need help here too). Arguably they're OK at defensive tackle too. Again, arguably.

Agreed that it's not their biggest problem in terms of winning games. But it's going to sell more tickets than signing Joe Dickbag to play left guard, or Jerious McSucks to be their next OLB.

I really don't grasp this logic thats been going around that Buffalo trying to sign Coles is somehow taking away from their ability to improve other positions. Buffalo was (and may still be) talking to Kendall Simmons while they were talking to Coles, and during the Coles episode, news has broke that Buffalo is interested in Brian Waters. There's just no reason why a team can't chase more than one player at the same time.

The Bills need a real,legitimate #2 reciever. We don't have one now. A guy that can take the constant double teams away from Lee,and burn'em when they don't. Reed is a nice #3 guy and nothing more. Johnson and Hardy have great potential,but neither one of them are at the stage of their development where opposing D's need to worry about them. Bring in Coles,or a similar reciever and Trent will look much better next year.

Yeah I think the problem is that Josh Reed isnt stretching the field, and that Rosco is such a small target that he isnt a downfield threat.

I liked what I saw from Stevie Johnson last year. Hardy should be cut.

Realistically, we are looking at defensive end and linebacker first, and then offensive line according to everyones draft boards. But who knows? Maybe if we are convinced crabtree is too good to pass up and he falls to us we can get him.

Ohio States Robiskie looks good, especially at six foot three. I would trade up our second pick to get percy harvin if at all possible.

I would actually like us to use more tight end in the slot or as a wing and put freddy jackson offset or in the slot in flexible running or passing type of formations to compensate for the fact that we dont gave a great number 2, but we do have a qb that can spread the ball around.

We ARE lacking a #2 WR. I don't know how people cant see this. I love josh reed. As a #3. Roscoe....bleh. Hardy...bleh (so far). Johnson...bleh(so far).

If johnson or hardy can force other teams to single cover Lee, then we're fine...that's a very big if. I tired of waiting for people to develop.

Yeah I think the problem is that Josh Reed isnt stretching the field, and that Rosco is such a small target that he isnt a downfield threat.

I liked what I saw from Stevie Johnson last year. Hardy should be cut.

Realistically, we are looking at defensive end and linebacker first, and then offensive line according to everyones draft boards. But who knows? Maybe if we are convinced crabtree is too good to pass up and he falls to us we can get him.

Ohio States Robiskie looks good, especially at six foot three. I would trade up our second pick to get percy harvin if at all possible.

I would actually like us to use more tight end in the slot or as a wing and put freddy jackson offset or in the slot in flexible running or passing type of formations to compensate for the fact that we dont gave a great number 2, but we do have a qb that can spread the ball around.

You are going to cut Hardy based on What? He would be snatched up in a heart beat.

I really don't grasp this logic thats been going around that Buffalo trying to sign Coles is somehow taking away from their ability to improve other positions. Buffalo was (and may still be) talking to Kendall Simmons while they were talking to Coles, and during the Coles episode, news has broke that Buffalo is interested in Brian Waters. There's just no reason why a team can't chase more than one player at the same time.

Its a lame excuse...."we're the Bills, we can't multi-task, we like to focus on one player at a time"...and its total BS. Just won't admit that they are being cheap.

We NEED a #2 WR in FREE AGENCY.....the only position that 100% can not be addressed via the draft. It should be the #1 priority right now.

Its a lame excuse...."we're the Bills, we can't multi-task, we like to focus on one player at a time"...and its total BS. Just won't admit that they are being cheap.

We NEED a #2 WR in FREE AGENCY.....the only position that 100% can not be addressed via the draft. It should be the #1 priority right now.

The Bills haven't been saying that. I'm talking about fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the games that JP didn't start and Trent didn't look like a deer in headlights, we had no problems passing the ball. In fact, if the running game could have done anything, then we would have won some of those games by even more of a margin. In any case, it definitely seemed like we had the guys who could get open and make some catches, even Steve Johnson showed some flashed here and there. But the QB situation really never gave them a chance when they Trent/JP weren't on their game.

Personally, I like our WR's. Reed is great as safety blanket slot/3rd receiver. Which leaves either Roscoe or Johnson to run around in any 3 receiver sets. I just don't see this as a need.

Recievers have been an issue now for 3 years. Reed is no Number 2, hell evans is no number one but he is an outstanding deep threat reciever. This team seems to want to play POSSESSION footabll. IF they want to do that they need a Possession Receiever in the number 2 slot take to also take the pressure off of Lee and open up the running game a little bit.

The only time Reed is effective is in the slot that was why he was brought here as a slot reciever, they keep mistaken him as a number 2 becuase of how well he does in the slot. Get a possession receiver and watch the passing game improve immensely. The best part of that is with the passing game imporving so does the running game then it will appear as though we have an offense.

I watched and rewatched all the games that people were giddy about in our 5-1 start and we were not very good in any aspect of our offense it was the defense that gave us a chance and the opposing defenses breaking down in the 4th qtr where most of the passing took place. Then again those first 5-6 games were against losing tema s with bad defenses once we started playing against real defenses you can see that there is NOONE to throw the ball to.

In my opinion the 2 biggest needs this off season are center and a possession receiver. I know everyone is looking for DL but to me that is the DC problem of how he palys the line and doesnt help create extra pressure rushing 4 with this team is never going to work. Yes a pass catching TE would help immensely but I look at reed as Trents security blanket anyway.

You must be very young if you think this WR corp is good enough.

I would rate this corp as below average at best. I guess your weren't around for the Kelly years.

I think Steve Johnson has a chance to be good. Still, bringing in someone like Coles would take pressure off our

VERY over-rated first receiver.

Forget about Hardy next year. Roscoe is a great returner, nothing else.

We need to fortify this receiver corp in a BIG way.