Riter Radio moves to afternoons TODAY

Lori

As previously mentioned in this thread and in the Buffalo News, March 2 marks the debut of Brad Riter's new show on WECK-AM 1230 and WLVL-AM 1340. Here's part of the press release from early January:

WECK AM 1230 will expand its lineup of live, local programming in early 2009, owner Culver Communications announced today.

Beginning on Monday, March 2, 2009, talented talk host Brad Riter will debut a new show from 4 to 7 p.m. weekdays, replacing the syndicated Bill O'Reilly Show. The new “Brad Riter Show” will be highly interactive, featuring listener call-ins, on-line elements, and conversations with newsmakers from local politics, culture, entertainment and more.

It isn't being promoted (pigeonholed?) as a "sports show," but knowing Brad, there will still be a ton of Bills/Sabres/UB talk as well as other sports content.

The tentative schedule includes the following guests:

Monday:
  • 5:30pm Reggie Witherspoon

• 6-7pm Ruben Brown

• 6:30pm Michael Strahan

Tuesday:
  • 6-7pm Bucky Gleason

Wednesday:
  • 6-7pm Bob Gaughan

Thursday:

And on Mondays, the local sports talk doesn't stop at 7 p.m. "The Sports Insiders," a show hosted by Buffalo News writers Allen Wilson and Rodney McKissic and WECK weekend news anchor (and former WKBW sportscaster) Joe Major, promises "the inside info from the guys with the credentials."

Best of luck to all, and you can click here to listen to the live broadcast.

Call in: 716-783-9325

IM : BradOnWeck

Email: BradonWeck(at)gmail.com

Any word on the cryptic info Brad gave us a few months ago that we would

be surprised at some new people on board at WECK, kinda insinuating they

might be old WGR people?

Or is this move what he was talking about?

I got the same impression you did, Dave, but I think Bucky is the only regularly-scheduled addition to that list. Bob Gaughan is "old WGR," of course, but he's been appearing on Brad's show right along (and co-hosted Main Event last year). So to answer your question ... hmm, I'm not quite sure I can answer that.

koolaid, WECK and WLVL are 1kW stations in the Buffalo area. Brad took over as their sports director roughly a year ago; since then, the "Brad Riter Radio Network" has added UB football and hoops, and will also broadcast Yankees games beginning this spring.

I got the same impression you did, Dave, but I think Bucky is the only regularly-scheduled addition to that list. Bob Gaughan is "old WGR," of course, but he's been appearing on Brad's show right along (and co-hosted Main Event last year). So to answer your question ... hmm, I'm not quite sure I can answer that.

koolaid, WECK and WLVL are 1kW stations in the Buffalo area. Brad took over as their sports director roughly a year ago; since then, the "Brad Riter Radio Network" has added UB football and hoops, and will also broadcast Yankees games beginning this spring.

thanks maybe ill check this out sometime..

i guess im a noob, whats a 1kW station?

My guess is, unless you live REALLY close, you ain't going to hear it.

I live in Clarence and have a tough time pulling it in. Lori did provide

the internet link to listen in though.

Really don't understand why everyone rags on WGR so much...except for that douche Colin Cowherd, I usually find their lineup pretty interesting. Morning show is a little vanilla, yeah, but it's really not that bad.

Now flame away and tell me how stupid I am for finding it humorous when Schopp treats idiots like sh-- in the afternoon.

thanks maybe ill check this out sometime..

Radio talk. 1kW = 1 kilowatt = what Dave said. On a good day, I can pick up WECK (whose transmitter is on Genesee St.) out at Ralph Wilson Stadium, but nothing further south. If you're in the Northtowns, you'd probably have better luck with WLVL, which broadcasts from Lockport.

To compare, WGR has a 5kW transmitter, and I can normally get them down here in northern Pa.

But if your computer is set up with audio, the Web feed is the way to go.

thanks for the info.

Really don't understand why everyone rags on WGR so much...except for that douche Colin Cowherd, I usually find their lineup pretty interesting. Morning show is a little vanilla, yeah, but it's really not that bad.

Now flame away and tell me how stupid I am for finding it humorous when Schopp treats idiots like sh-- in the afternoon.

I agree, and I used to rag on GR......the morning show is a little vanilla, but I really enjoy S & B in the afternoons. Ten opinions, etc. are great bits. I find them very entertaining.

Which kind of sucks for me because I liked Brad coming after them. Now, they'll be on the same time so I won't know who to listen to.

Radio talk. 1kW = 1 kilowatt = what Dave said. On a good day, I can pick up WECK (whose transmitter is on Genesee St.) out at Ralph Wilson Stadium, but nothing further south. If you're in the Northtowns, you'd probably have better luck with WLVL, which broadcasts from Lockport.

To compare, WGR has a 5kW transmitter, and I can normally get them down here in northern Pa.

But if your computer is set up with audio, the Web feed is the way to go.

ok thanks for the explanation! make sense now

I have no problem picking up WECK here at HAMMER'S Lot. It does not matter if I use a desk top radio I got from a hotel, or AOL safety headphones ($50 at the big box lumber yards, nice when cutting grass or running a jack hammer), or a boom box.

Ruben Brown show looks like it will be on at another time/day tonight as Ruben and Rob Ray will be doing their Enforcers TV show at 6pm from the Buffalo Home and Garden show.

I have no problem picking up WECK here at HAMMER'S Lot. It does not matter if I use a desk top radio I got from a hotel, or AOL safety headphones ($50 at the big box lumber yards, nice when cutting grass or running a jack hammer), or a boom box.

Ruben Brown show looks like it will be on at another time/day tonight as Ruben and Rob Ray will be doing their Enforcers TV show at 6pm from the Buffalo Home and Garden show.

Once you start up the big hill on 219 South, it starts to fade. That's why I used Orchard Park as the cutoff point.

Thanks for the info on Ruben's whereabouts tonight. My folks are there with DeGeorge Ceilings; maybe I should have them stop by and say hi ...

Great to hear of Brads new gig. Nice that Buffalo person given opportunity to learn his craft and in time have success.

Good for you Brad. ( and its great news about you getting engaged)

I wonder if many wall folks call these programs?

Ooh, I should've mentioned that, mill. Thanks. As some of you probably know, Brad couldn't really take calls when he was doing the show solo. Now that he'll have someone to produce, the phone lines are open ...

I'll go back and add contact info to the original post.

Ooh, I should've mentioned that, mill. Thanks. As some of you probably know, Brad couldn't really take calls when he was doing the show solo. Now that he'll have someone to produce, the phone lines are open ...

I'll go back and add contact info to the original post.

The first week Brad was on the air at WECK, I was the first waller to call in :w00t: . I called a couple of times and then Brad stopped talking calls. :unsure: