Has the front office been fair to Dick Jauron?

As much as I dislike Dick Jauron as our Head Coach, it is unfair to him to have the front office make zero moves to make the team better. I mean, hes on the hot seat we can all agree on that. But at least help the guy with some players. Yeah I know he cant win with good players either, but my point is, the guy has been given zero hope for the 2009 season. Like it or not the man is a human being and this is his job, I would have thought since they supported DJ to stay at least make the team some what better.

I kinda think Jauron is getting a raw deal here.......as much as I dislike him. I think hes being setup to fail big time. More so then he already has.

I dont know how else to explain it. You pretty much tell a guy he has one year to prove himself but yet dont get more players to make the team better....

Im really confused as to whats going on around OBD. But what else is new.

I was one who thought they should have changed coaches, but you make a very valid point. If the Bills don't make some major moves before training camp, I personally can't hold it against the coach if his team finishes in last place, when he by far, has the least amount of talent in the division. All the other teams in the AFC East are making moves to improve, and all we are doing is cutting players and making even more holes than we already had.

Uh, we already signed players at two of the positions we needed (one of whom might be our long term center of the future, fingers crossed) and we seem to be working diligently on a third one. So how exactly is the front office not helping out?

We filled two holes? One with a QB who is barely a #3 and he is our #2-given to him before he ever puts on a red helmet. The other a career backup lineman, already given a starting position. Like I said making more holes or making weaker than they already were, yes I believe J.P. was just as capable as Fitzpatrick, have you ever watched him? Pathetic and no experience.

As much as I dislike Dick Jauron as our Head Coach, it is unfair to him to have the front office make zero moves to make the team better. I mean, hes on the hot seat we can all agree on that. But at least help the guy with some players. Yeah I know he cant win with good players either, but my point is, the guy has been given zero hope for the 2009 season. Like it or not the man is a human being and this is his job, I would have thought since they supported DJ to stay at least make the team some what better.

I kinda think Jauron is getting a raw deal here.......as much as I dislike him. I think hes being setup to fail big time. More so then he already has.

I dont know how else to explain it. You pretty much tell a guy he has one year to prove himself but yet dont get more players to make the team better....

I dont like the front office so I dont like defending them but didnt Free agency just start on Friday...isnt it a little early to say the front office has made zero moves to make the team better...isnt it only March freakin 1st?

lets review anyway....with free agency starting less then 72 hours ago they signed their new starting center, replaced their backup QB and are negotiating with a starting WR

who cares about Jauron, the people they are not being fair to are the fans....and they let Jauron keep his job so they have already been more then fair to him

I dont like the front office so I dont like defending them but didnt Free agency just start on Friday...isnt it a little early to say the front office has made zero moves to make the team better...isnt it only March freakin 1st?

Haven't you heard? If you don't make your big acquisition in the first 24 hours of free agency, it doesn't count. Also, the draft no longer exists.

Haven't you heard? If you don't make your big acquisition in the first 24 hours of free agency, it doesn't count. Also, the draft no longer exists.

We are using the same off season game plan that has been in effect for the last decade or so, and how many playoff appearances has that plan gotten us over that span? A big fat donut-"0"!

A long way to go in free agency and the draft. Hard to to criticize the front office yet, unless you want to criticize them for keeping Jauron. That to me says more than anything about this team's will to win.

lets review anyway....with free agency starting less then 72 hours ago they signed their new starting center, replaced their backup QB and are negotiating with a starting WR

who cares about Jauron, the people they are not being fair to are the fans....and they let Jauron keep his job so they have already been more then fair to him

Where did u read that we were negotiating with a WR? I read we made an offer, and so far it appears he doesn't want to come to Buffalo or the offer isn't good enough, because it sure seems like he is waiting for another offer or two?

The Bills are a solid guard, DE and TE away from being better than last year. If thye identify the guard in FA and also happen to land Coles I think the Bills have done what they can to improve. The Bills fortunes really rest on Trent Edwards taking a huge step forward this season. If he does not Jauron is gone.

Where did u read that we were negotiating with a WR? I read we made an offer, and so far it appears he doesn't want to come to Buffalo or the offer isn't good enough, because it sure seems like he is waiting for another offer or two?

so bringing a player in, talking numbers and making an offer isnt considered negotiating now? are you serious with this

The Bills are a solid guard, DE and TE away from being better than last year. If thye identify the guard in FA and also happen to land Coles I think the Bills have done what they can to improve. The Bills fortunes really rest on Trent Edwards taking a huge step forward this season. If he does not Jauron is gone.

Maybe the front office tried to be fair to him and contacted as many FA possible but maybe those said FA didn't want to play for a coach, in what it seems from the outside, in the hot seat.

That applies more to assistant coaches than players. Assistants get fired when a coach does. Players usually outlast a coach if they're that good.

If given the head coaching job of the Pittsburgh Steelers, forever loser Dick Jauron would find a way to a 7-9 record.

In 2008, the Buffalo Bills had one of the easiest schedules in their history, Brady was out from day one with an injury, the team had a 5-1 record and they still finished with a losing record. Dick Jauron's gawd awful gameplans and gameday decision-making were the main reason this team went 0-6 vs the AFC East and failed at home against the Browns and Niners. Fair???? How dare you. He should be on his knees thanking Ralph that he's still employed. The guy is not even defensive coordinator material. He's the luckiest NFL coach in the history of this league considering his having seven losing seasons out of eight total record. How fans like you can still muster sympathy for this loser is beyond me. We are going to have a horrible record this season and it will be because of an inept coach who uses kid gloves, not because of the players.