Torry Holt

Frez

Torry Holt would look great in a Buffalo Bills uniform!

Report: Rams shopping Pace and Holt

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that league sources are convinced the Rams are shopping both left tackle Orlando Pace and wide receiver Torry Holt. The report says that once the early free agent buying spree calms down, there may be a market for Pace and Holt even if it is a mid to late-round pick.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torry Holt would look great in a Buffalo Bills uniform!

Report: Rams shopping Pace and Holt

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that league sources are convinced the Rams are shopping both left tackle Orlando Pace and wide receiver Torry Holt. The report says that once the early free agent buying spree calms down, there may be a market for Pace and Holt even if it is a mid to late-round pick.

Nope.

I was totally against Holt coming here until I did some research and found out he's 32 and just one season removed from 7 consecutive 1,000 seasons. With last years turmoil on the Rams team I'll give him a Mulligan. If the Bills could get him for a 4th or later I'd say pull the trigger. :thumbsup:

I was totally against Holt coming here until I did some research and found out he's 32 and just one season removed from 7 consecutive 1,000 seasons. With last years turmoil on the Rams team I'll give him a Mulligan. If the Bills could get him for a 4th or later I'd say pull the trigger. :thumbsup:

I think Housh is older than Holt... it's close at least.

Yeah thebandit27 posted this subject back on February 10th.

This is what I posted at the time:

I love the idea depending again on the cost.

He's hard to evaluate because he's been in a struggling offense for a few years now.

Here's his All Time NFL records:

* Consecutive seasons with at least 1,300 yards receiving (6).

* Consecutive seasons with 90+ receptions (6).

* Torry Holt along with Marvin Harrison are the only receivers with multiple 1,600 yard receiving seasons.

Currently, Holt is first all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game with an 84.7 yards per game average.

And his stats from the last few years:

2008 St. Louis Rams 16 64 796 12.4 49.8 45T 3

2007 St. Louis Rams 16 93 1,189 12.8 74.3 40 7

2006 St. Louis Rams 16 93 1,188 12.8 74.2 67T 10

As I said, he's played in a bad offense the past few years and has played through injury. He turns 33 in June. He's not yet two seasons removed from an excellent 2007 campaign.

By the way, IMO Holt has lost very little.

People fondly reminisce about James Lofton resurrecting his career in Buffalo at age 33.

Yes Lofton was 33 years old when he came to the Bills and was generally considered to be washed up (he had only 77 receptions combined in three seasons before coming to the Bills). Lofton was past his prime but he was far from washed up. For those who didn't see him play, think of a large powerful Lee Evans.

As I mentioned, Holt will turn 33 in June.

Different individuals have different shelf lives. Different players lose their effectiveness for different reasons at different ages.

You have to evaluate it on a case by case basis.

You can't look at a birth date and develop an opinion based on that alone...unless you're a very shallow person.

I believe Holt has a lot left in the tank.

As discussed in another thread three weeks ago, many of us would love to work out a trade for him.

Hopefully the Bills will pursue this instead of just sitting on their hands and waiting for Coles to turn them down.

Which he will.

Torry Holt was, at one time, on pace to eclipse Jerry Rice's career marks. That is downright amazing to me, the guy has a lot of passion for the game and would terrify opposing defenses if he played opposite of Lee Evans. We saw what he could do when teams respected the 2nd WR in St. Louis, he could re-create that here with Lee.

Some of the shortest arms I have ever seen, even in key late game situations.

If I thought the Bills were even remotely close to contending for a playoff spot I wouldn't want that scaredy-cat anywhere near this roster because it would be inevitable that he pulls up and bails on a route in the 4th qrtr of a tight game. As it is I would still much rather have a draft pick that might turn into something down the road rather than have Holt. But with so little faith in this front office to utilize those assets wisely, if they want to deal for her, so be it. :thumbsup:

I completely agree. The fact that Holt is only one season away from 7 good seasons in a row have to be more than partly contributed to the Rams being so disfunctional last season. I would take him in a heartbeat if possible.