Phins pass on Coles

Agua

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Division champs or division cellar, which team is better to play for??

THe last I remember the Fins were 1-15 just a season ago....To make these statements is a little wierd. THe Bills ahve been pretty competitive within the AFC East. While losing 6 last season, they did go 4-2 the prior season and 3-3 the season before....IF a few plays went this way or other the Bills could have easily gone 3-3 in the division this season...

Aw man, Wikipedia is now reporting that the Raiders signed him to a 52 year $224 million contract on 03/01/2009!!

Damn!

An at market deal on the planet where Al Davis and his oatmeal live...nice job

I think Coles would go great on the other side of Evans, but I think he would prefer Miami for a few reasons. 1. Division Champs vs. Cellar Dwellars. 2. He was the one person who spoke out against the Jets acquiring Favre and voiced his support for Pennington, he would be much more comfortable catching balls from Chad again. 3. He if from Jacksonville, FL and played at Florida State. Just some thoughts, although it would be awesome to beat the odds and bring him to Buffalo.

I think Coles would go great on the other side of Evans, but I think he would prefer Miami for a few reasons. 1. Division Champs vs. Cellar Dwellars. 2. He was the one person who spoke out against the Jets acquiring Favre and voiced his support for Pennington, he would be much more comfortable catching balls from Chad again. 3. He if from Jacksonville, FL and played at Florida State. Just some thoughts, although it would be awesome to beat the odds and bring him to Buffalo.

beat the odds? Miami doesn't even want him.

If he didn't want to come here, he wouldn't have visited.

That is about as far from the obvious as you can get, and not speaking in particular about Coles. Players visit teams all the the time that they don't want to and never would play for. Their agents schedule visits to jack up the price for other teams.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm not that excited about the idea of acquiring Coles. If we don't sign him, we could go into 2009 with Evans and Johnson on the outside, Reed in the slot, and Parrish as our #4. If Johnson continues to develop, he'd provide us with a big, reasonably athletic possession receiver with good hands who can take some of the pressure off Evans.

If we acquire Coles, we'd need to get one of the above-mentioned players off the field to get him playing time. Evans and Reed will still be on the field, so that means the odd man out will be Johnson. Instead of being put on the football field to show what he can or can't do, Johnson will linger on a bench.

Is having Johnson on the bench really what this team wants? Do we really want to eliminate whatever chance Johnson might have had to show his talents on the field, in order to showcase a smurf WR entering his tenth year in the league?

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm not that excited about the idea of acquiring Coles. If we don't sign him, we could go into 2009 with Evans and Johnson on the outside, Reed in the slot, and Parrish as our #4. If Johnson continues to develop, he'd provide us with a big, reasonably athletic possession receiver with good hands who can take some of the pressure off Evans.

If we acquire Coles, we'd need to get one of the above-mentioned players off the field to get him playing time. Evans and Reed will still be on the field, so that means the odd man out will be Johnson. Instead of being put on the football field to show what he can or can't do, Johnson will linger on a bench.

Is having Johnson on the bench really what this team wants? Do we really want to eliminate whatever chance Johnson might have had to show his talents on the field, in order to showcase a smurf WR entering his tenth year in the league?

Thats a very good point. I am a big supporter of the Idea of seeing what Johnson can do. However, it is not a sure thing, I would have to say that Coles would be safer in the aspect of improving from our WR production from last year.

I won't be crushed to see Coles not choose the Bills, but I am hoping that we do get him.

A good player like Johnson I would believe would find himself opportunities to play.

Just read on FinHeaven that John Clayton is reporting that Coles will now decide tomorrow among Buffalo, Miami and Cinci. Someone else on that same thread, however, said that Adam Shefter recently reported that Coles had an offer from the Bills, but not the Fins, so who knows what's going on.....

Just read on FinHeaven that John Clayton is reporting that Coles will now decide tomorrow among Buffalo, Miami and Cinci. Someone else on that same thread, however, said that Adam Shefter recently reported that Coles had an offer from the Bills, but not the Fins, so who knows what's going on.....

This is true, MIA doesn't want him