Bills interested in Waters

jreed82

It's official:

Brian Waters-G- Chiefs Mar. 1 - 8:24 pm et

The Bills are interested in disgruntled Chiefs G Brian Waters, a "trusted source" tells Scout.com.

Like Shaun Rogers in Cleveland, Waters is upset with the new coaching staff and front office, which wouldn't meet with him one-on-one. Buffalo could use the help after releasing Derrick Dockery. Waters can play center and guard.

Source: scout.com

Related: Bills

How is that any more "official" than what we've already seen?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's also worth noting that Brian Waters is probably one of the dirtier players in the league. With Brad Butler's history if you put both Waters and Butler out there at the same time you're likely to see some pretty nervous DT's. :thumbsup:

Well we'll know tomorrow if there's genuine interest by the Bills. As I posted on the Torry Holt post, you can't judge how much a guy has left purely on his birth date.

Bruce Matthews played till he was 43 years old. He was a Pro Bowler at age 41 and was named All Pro at the age of 40.

Ray Brown, the Bills assistant offensive line coach played till he was 41 years old and was selected as an All Pro at the age of 38.

There are many offensive linemen and players at other positions who were excellent even into their mid thirties. There are also many who were retired by the age of 30.

It's a case by case evaluation.

Brian Waters:

4 time Pro Bowl selection (2004, 2005, 2006, 2008)

2 time First-Team All-Pro selection (2004, 2005)

This guy is one of the best left guards in football. He may have two good years left. He might have five good years left.

I'm guessing he'll want a new contract. It's certainly worth looking into.

See the thing i worry about tho is

Peters

Dockery

Fowler

Butler

Walker

Looked pretty intreaguing a few years ago

Peters hold out was a big issue, and of course it never really looked that good with Fowler in the middle. Still, it was the best offensive line the Bills have had in quite a few years. Now, that's not saying a whole lot, but it is the truth.

How is that any more "official" than what we've already seen?

***sigh***

It's not, of course. It all links back to the same story that began this thread.

And unless the Chiefs feel like making a deal, it doesn't matter what the Bills want.

See the thing i worry about tho is

Peters

Dockery

Fowler

Butler

Walker

Looked pretty intreaguing a few years ago

Peter's hold out set things back for sure. Fowler is a better chess player. Butler should be much

improved, I hope he stays healthy. Walker has been decent on the right side and had value as

a LT back up. Dock was from UT and we just don't have good luck with UT OTs. We need a talented

LG that will gel with Peters.