Bills interested in Waters

jreed82

I'm having a hard time seeing how you can compare Parrish to Welker.

Because they are smallish, skinny, shifty, extremely explosive and elusive WR with good hands? Parrish will never be as good as Welker, who is tougher, has slightly better hands, gets off the line better and is a smarter player. But Parrish is a little shiftier, faster, and harder to catch. They are not really close as far as production, but I think if you put Parrish in Welker's place on the Patriots the last two years, opposite of Moss, with Brady and Cassel throwing to him, and the Pats coaches finding ways to get him the ball, he has 70 catches instead of 100, but a better YPC and probably as many TDs. Sure, it's impossible to know for sure but Parrish has a ton of underutilized talent.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are smallish, skinny, shifty, extremely explosive and elusive WR with good hands? Parrish will never be as good as Welker, who is tougher, has slightly better hands, gets off the line better and is a smarter player. But Parrish is a little shiftier, faster, and harder to catch. They are not really close as far as production, but I think if you put Parrish in Welker's place on the Patriots the last two years, opposite of Moss, with Brady and Cassel throwing to him, and the Pats coaches finding ways to get him the ball, he has 70 catches instead of 100, but a better YPC and probably as many TDs. Sure, it's impossible to know for sure but Parrish has a ton of underutilized talent.

Nice try, but it's not even close. I mean no offense at all, but you're way off on this one.

Does this mean they no longer would be interested in Simmons?

Any news on who (or what picks) we would give up?

If they are going to give away a third it should be next years. Fourth or below this year.

They claim that it'll take a deal "similiar to Stroud's" last year.

If a 3rd and 5th is what it takes, send em' away tonight and get him in here tomorrow

That's too much in my opinion. He's 32 and probably only has two to three years left. Stroud was 29 when Buffalo traded for him.

If we sign Coles, we could give them Roscoe and a 5th round pick or something like that for Waters. Pioli and Cassel can have their version of Wes Welker and we don't have to give up a high pick. Fred Jackson returns punts with Leodis there when we need him.

That is the best idea I've seen yet. If that happened I'd be very happy.

Exactly, If Roscoe goes then anything other than a 5th or lower would be a rip off.

Ya.. Just like in the other thread. People want to trade him if we get coles. Their is no need for any of that a all. Parrish would still work perfect on this team even after adding another receiver.

Ya.. Just like in the other thread. People want to trade him if we get coles. Their is no need for any of that a all. Parrish would still work perfect on this team even after adding another receiver.

The problem as I see it is that the Bills have a great WR corp with some good young guys that are set to blossom soon and one of them would have to go if the Bills manage to sign Coles. The Bills have McKelvin, McGee and Jackson as returners Parrish isn't needed as much anymore and if he can fetch a draft pick then let him go. JMO

Nice try, but it's not even close. I mean no offense at all, but you're way off on this one.

While I agree they aren't the same, you have to believe that Parrish, on another team (like the Pats*, for example) would be a HUGE weapon, if you also consider his return abilities. Just because Roscoe hasn't produced in the Bills horrid joke of an offense, doesn't mean the guy can't deliver somewhere else.

I think it's also worth noting that Brian Waters is probably one of the dirtier players in the league. With Brad Butler's history if you put both Waters and Butler out there at the same time you're likely to see some pretty nervous DT's. :thumbsup:

A move like this tells me the Bills think they are a playoff team next year. You don't bring a guy like this in if you are just trying to appease fans. Most fans won't get excited about this possible move but this would be a huge upgrade over Dockery. Hope we get it done! Tell him to bring his buddy Tony with him.....

Come on people, 4 pages and no reference to coach Mora?

Queue it up....

Playoffs?

The Chefs already gave away a high 2nd round pick for an ancient linebacker and a QB that couldn't get the best team in football to playoffs.....maybe we can get Waters for an eighth round pick

It's official:

Brian Waters-G- Chiefs Mar. 1 - 8:24 pm et

The Bills are interested in disgruntled Chiefs G Brian Waters, a "trusted source" tells Scout.com.

Like Shaun Rogers in Cleveland, Waters is upset with the new coaching staff and front office, which wouldn't meet with him one-on-one. Buffalo could use the help after releasing Derrick Dockery. Waters can play center and guard.

Source: scout.com

Related: Bills

It's official:

Brian Waters-G- Chiefs Mar. 1 - 8:24 pm et

The Bills are interested in disgruntled Chiefs G Brian Waters, a "trusted source" tells Scout.com.

Like Shaun Rogers in Cleveland, Waters is upset with the new coaching staff and front office, which wouldn't meet with him one-on-one. Buffalo could use the help after releasing Derrick Dockery. Waters can play center and guard.

Source: scout.com

Related: Bills

Its all coming from the same source and the same article. Nobody outside of that one site has said anything different. There all reading it off the same source.