umm... Dockery was our best O-Lineman

I have lost total faith in this front office. Dockery was overpaid, yes....but we already handed him the money. He went on to Washington for a better financial package than he would have made here the rest of his deal. I agree that there is a huge difference between not playing up to your contract and expectations, and being a bad player.

Dockery was a lot like a defensive defenseman in hockey....I didn't notice him much. To me, that means he was solid enough. Not only that, but I am sure he covered up for Peters and his 7 Wonderlic, many a time. While I was disappointed that Dockery was never a real force in the run game, I never saw him get blown off the ball like the rest of the interior, and I didn't see him get beat consecutive plays on a regular basis like Peters.

My prediction....unless we bring in someone with smarts at LG, we are going to see Edwards killed by week 4 from his blind side.

You watched also. This is the TRUTH.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, Dockery WAS overpaid, and he DID underperform a little, but regardless he was probably

overall our best lineman last year.

Lets break it down:

Jason Peters - penalty machine. bad attitude.

Langston Walker - slow as HELL.

Butler - Ok, he wasnt bad.

Preston - sh--

Fowler - even worse than preston

I know I forgot a few, but everyone is saying how great it is that Dockery is gone,

but he was still arguably our best o lineman. Is anyone else upset that our line is worse?

ps. I know that it opened up some cap room, but is a rookie really gonna be able to be a successful starter on day 1 of next season?

It's obvious from what you said that you have a hatred for Jason Peters that blinds you. At the end of the season when he had learned the new signs and gotten readjusted, there was nobody on the team that was even close to him.

Brad Butler was the second-best lineman, as shown by the huge differentials in running when he left and came back. Langston Walker was probably #3, though he was arguably comparable with Dockery. Walker even filled in competently at a different position.

Clearly the centers were our weakest performers, with Preston outperforming Fowler.

Will a rookie be a successful starter on day 1 of next season? That's the wrong question. This team is not being built for next year. It is being built for future success. We need to stay aware that our QB is still very inexperienced and will be inconsistent again this year, though we can reasonably hope that he makes progress. But we are on his timetable, and QBs usually become able to bring a team to the Super Bowl somewhere around their 4th or 5th year, though there are exceptions.

The question is whether this team will make us a better team down the road, and the answer won't come till we see who replaces Dockery and Preston, and whether that extra money allows us to re-sign Peters, which would instantly be a huge step towards becoming a potential Super Bowl team in the future.

Any one who thinks Dockery is better than Peters is a jaded bitter fan. :rolleyes:

Every Talent Evaluator/GM would agree that Peters is much better than Dockery.

So get Over it and get with the program

Look, Dockery WAS overpaid, and he DID underperform a little, but regardless he was probably

Lets break it down:

Preston - sh--

I know I forgot a few, but everyone is saying how great it is that Dockery is gone,

but he was still arguably our best o lineman. Is anyone else upset that our line is worse?

ps. I know that it opened up some cap room, but is a rookie really gonna be able to be a successful starter on day 1 of next season?

and Marshawn was our best runningback until we cut him.....oh wait...

My personal opinion is that Walker was our best run blocker even though he is grossly over weight - my prediction is that they move walker inside to LG and Bell takes over RT.

But ..But..He`ll never be able to get up ..till he has the baby. Damn that dude looks like he`s in his 3rd tri-mester. :rolleyes:

Dockery wasn't the POS many say he was, but he wasn't the best performing lineman on the team, either.

This hits the nail on head.

Isn't it funny how the second that Dockery got cut, so many posters immediately started saying how he was basically the worst player in the history of the game, but before he got cut most posters had a non-chalant attitude towards him.

The point that the poster a few posts ago made about comparing Dockery to a defensive defensmen in Hockey is a valid point. How many times did we really notice Dockery out there?

I can't remember a single penalty against him(I could be forgetting a few though)

I also really can't remember a time where he got blown up and caused a sack.

The guy came to work, did his job, and seemed to have "character."

Who is gonna replace that? Bell??

Lets break it down:

Preston - sh--

You better think again here Junrior.....Dockery gave up 8.5 sacks, which was the most in the NFL for a guard.

please, do you actually watch the games?

Today's NFL requires the player and the salary to be a fit and in Dockery's case he never lived up to that contract. Run blocking for him was a standoff at best. I trust the professional's breaking down the film would not have dumped him if he was our "best lineman".

Lets break it down:

Preston - sh--

Ban yourself.

The only linemen worse than Dockery (who played) were Fowler and Preston. I could even make a good case that Chambers was better than Dockery.

Call me the next time you see Dockery leading on a pull or pushing a D lineman backwards or more than 1 yard downfield. He was huge but slow and weak. And so overpaid that it was undoubtedly a lockerroom issue.