BILLS OFFERING MORE $ FOR COLES...(speculation)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how is everyone gonna feel when Coles accepts less money to play for another team ???

then Ralph and FO will blame the city of Buffalo instead of himself for failing to go all out to build a winning team.

30 million left with cash to cap and we can't be bothered to compete for the elite FA's that can make a huge difference

how is everyone gonna feel when Coles accepts less money to play for another team ???

then Ralph and FO will blame the city of Buffalo instead of himself for failing to go all out to build a winning team.

30 million left with cash to cap and we can't be bothered to compete for the elite FA's that can make a huge difference

Coles is neither "elite," nor will he make a huge difference.

I don't personally think Coles would make an enormous difference next year, but if the signing would make people shut up about how the front office isn't trying then I'm all for it.

you don't think the bills need another offensive weapon? or do you think that Coles isn't the person for that job?

you don't think the bills need another offensive weapon? or do you think that Coles isn't the person for that job?

Notice how I used the word enormous. I don't think Coles would make an enormous difference. Of course, it would be a positive addition and we do need another offensive weapon or two. Like I said before, Coles would probably gain 250-300 more yards than Reed would, and would probably be more effective in making sure Evans isn't double teamed quite as much.

However, Coles has a reputation for being whiny and he is past his prime. Signing Coles would take our offense up a notch, but it wouldn't be as huge as some people might think. If anything, it would move our receiving corps from below average to average.

That would then shift Reed to the #3... where he would have 400+ more than the next guy.

Exactly - I think everybody is in agreement that Reed is better positioned in the slot. You can also run 4 receiver sets with Johnson as a true threat. I would much prefer a bigger body in the position but Coles may make up for this with experience. The interesting question is who goes out the door if they sign Coles. Depending on his progress with the knee I wonder if they IR Hardy to make space. They just resigned Jenkins but they could also just cut him.

Exactly - I think everybody is in agreement that Reed is better positioned in the slot. You can also run 4 receiver sets with Johnson as a true threat. I would much prefer a bigger body in the position but Coles may make up for this with experience. The interesting question is who goes out the door if they sign Coles. Depending on his progress with the knee I wonder if they IR Hardy to make space. They just resigned Jenkins but they could also just cut him.
They wont IR hardy... Last i heard he was way ahead of schedule and will be ready for training camp. More likely Jenkins gets cut (or we trade Roscoe for a 6th or 7th)

Signing Coles would take our offense up a notch

Anything is better then nothing. At this point we need to improve in all our positions. We need to do something in Buffalo and tells the fans that we are going in the right direction.

If it means by signing Coles it adds a touchdown or two.. Then so be it.. Lets go for it.

Did Miami even bring Coles into town?

I have asked that so many times, as everything I have read just says that Miami would be in the mix because of Pennington, but no talk about him going to Miami for a meeting. But don't let that ruin the love around here that the Bills could potentially bring in a FA. Remember, no one ever wants to come here and everywhere (even Detroit or Oakland) is a better choice.

I have asked that so many times, as everything I have read just says that Miami would be in the mix because of Pennington, but no talk about him going to Miami for a meeting. But don't let that ruin the love around here that the Bills could potentially bring in a FA. Remember, no one ever wants to come here and everywhere (even Detroit or Oakland) is a better choice.

I'm not suggesting that Miami isn't a possibility if they didn't bring Coles to town...I am just trying to find out if they did. I'm guessing they didn't, and I think that works against Miami, to some degree. But, I doubt it is a deal breaker.

I don't personally think Coles would make an enormous difference next year, but if the signing would make people shut up about how the front office isn't trying then I'm all for it.

Signing a legit NFL starting caliber WR would'nt make a difference to our pop gun offense? WOW. Sounds like you worked for Matt Millen.

Miami....No income tax in Florida. An $800,000 house is now a $480,000 house a mile from the training complex. 75 and sunny.

Buffalo...10% to the state. A $500,000 house is now a $500,000 house a mile from the stadium. 21 and sunny.

Our only hope is that Coles' uncle lives in Miami.

Except a $500,000 house in Buffalo is a $3,000,000 house in Miami.

Miami....No income tax in Florida. An $800,000 house is now a $480,000 house a mile from the training complex. 75 and sunny.

Buffalo...10% to the state. A $500,000 house is now a $500,000 house a mile from the stadium. 21 and sunny.

I've said this a milllllllllllllion times on this board. The players get taxed on where the ACTUAL game is played. They get state income tax in now only 7 buffalo games and the rest are where the game is played.

I really don't think that, to these guys, that's much more money. And since the standard of living in Buffalo is so much cheaper than almost any other NFL city, they probably make that money back in the long run.

Lets put this issue to rest now.

Except a $500,000 house in Buffalo is a $3,000,000 house in Miami.

Not anymore.

Ask DIB.

I left Davie in 2006 because I had a great apartment that was converted to a condo and they wanted $250K. I figured I could pick the same thing up in Buffalo for a little over $100K. Today that same condo is in foreclosure and can be had for $109K.

Davie would be similar to affluence of Orchard Park. The $3 million homes are on the water for the most part.

Not a big deal.

After further review, I take back my uncle jokes on Coles. I never saw the interview and didn't think it was as bad as it was. I'll give the guy a mulligan for being a bit of a drama case.

That's funny. But for all the wrong reasons.