BILLS OFFERING MORE $ FOR COLES...(speculation)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports that former Jet wide receiver Lavarenues Coles will make a decision Sunday between the Bills and the Dolphins.

I don't personally think Coles would make an enormous difference next year, but if the signing would make people shut up about how the front office isn't trying then I'm all for it.

I don't personally think Coles would make an enormous difference next year, but if the signing would make people shut up about how the front office isn't trying then I'm all for it.

Really? I would think that adding 60+ catches into our offense would give us a decent boost in performance. I don't think that Coles is the best option at WR, however. I would like to see us get Clayton, or maybe Toomer on a 1 year deal.

Really? I would think that adding 60+ catches into our offense would give us a decent boost in performance. I don't think that Coles is the best option at WR, however. I would like to see us get Clayton, or maybe Toomer on a 1 year deal.

Coles may not be the best option, but he has played in the division and had success, so that might help us with the Fins, Jets, and Pats right there. Not to mention the obvious scenario that this would put us in: having two legitimate starting WRs. We'd be just like other football teams!

Yeah, I agree that he would give us a boost, I just don't think he would make an extreme impact. He'd probably be good for 250-300 more yards than Reed if he has a good season.

HAs he even been to miami for a visit? I have never seen anywhere where it says he visited the dolphins, just that they would dbe interested because of the Pennington connection

And why wouldn't he consider Buffalo, they are supposedly offering equal or more money, and give him a chance to be a starter, Buffalo couldn't offer that to Taylor like NE could

And why wouldn't he consider Buffalo, they are supposedly offering equal or more money, and give him a chance to be a starter, Buffalo couldn't offer that to Taylor like NE could

The Bills would have to offer significantly more money because of state (namely income) taxes. Not to mention Coles is from Florida.

The Bills would have to offer significantly more money because of state (namely income) taxes. Not to mention Coles is from Florida.

I think at some level players care more about the gross amounts they get paid than the take home pay. Once you get to a high enough level it starts being about the respect of being paid so much relative to your peers.

"Royal is an interesting player. He's got some receiving ability, as he caught 33 passes for 351 yards (both career highs) and a touchdown last season. The Bills cut him because of cap considerations (he was due to count $8 million) and he battled injuries last season."

It's amazing how these writers from other towns know so little about other NFL teams. 1st as mentioned in other posts, No way Royal was due to count $8 million on the cap. 2nd Royal was released because he was the Bills' biggest bonehead. If Cimini would bother to look at some film instead of a stat sheet, he would see that Royal would constantly make critical errors in important points of games. A team cannot tolerate a starting player who is that error prone.

I lost count of how many times Royal did something bad & I screamed "get him out of here".

Yeah, I agree that he would give us a boost, I just don't think he would make an extreme impact. He'd probably be good for 250-300 more yards than Reed if he has a good season.

That would then shift Reed to the #3... where he would have 400+ more than the next guy.

"Royal is an interesting player. He's got some receiving ability, as he caught 33 passes for 351 yards (both career highs) and a touchdown last season. The Bills cut him because of cap considerations (he was due to count $8 million) and he battled injuries last season."

It's amazing how these writers from other towns know so little about other NFL teams. 1st as mentioned in other posts, No way Royal was due to count $8 million on the cap. 2nd Royal was released because he was the Bills' biggest bonehead. If Cimini would bother to look at some film instead of a stat sheet, he would see that Royal would constantly make critical errors in important points of games. A team cannot tolerate a starting player who is that error prone.

I lost count of how many times Royal did something bad & I screamed "get him out of here".

Chris Baker, who the Jets cut, is a better TE than Royal, and Baker is no great shakes either.

HAs he even been to miami for a visit? I have never seen anywhere where it says he visited the dolphins, just that they would dbe interested because of the Pennington connection

By all accounts, no. I haven't even seen word that the Dolphins are the slightest bit interested in Coles, just that it would be a perfect match. On the flip side, I'm sure he is interested in them...

I think at some level players care more about the gross amounts they get paid than the take home pay. Once you get to a high enough level it starts being about the respect of being paid so much relative to your peers.

Miami....No income tax in Florida. An $800,000 house is now a $480,000 house a mile from the training complex. 75 and sunny.

Buffalo...10% to the state. A $500,000 house is now a $500,000 house a mile from the stadium. 21 and sunny.

Our only hope is that Coles' uncle lives in Miami.