50th anniversary team

Just saw an article on the selection of the all time Bills for the 50th anniversary team. From someone who has been around for most of those 50 years, I humbly submit my picks:

QB Jim Kelly - although Kemp won a championship it was the old AFL (he had one chance for the first Super bowl and lost to the Chiefs)

RB Thurman Thomas - OJ was probably better but ...

FB Cookie Gilchrist - this guy annhilated other teams and Buffalo was never the same without him

WRs Andre Reed, Jerry Butler & Bob Chandler

TE Keith McKellar - last tight end with speed

OL Stew Barber, Joe DeLamielluere, Reggie McKenzie, Kent Hull, Billy Shaw

K Steve Christie - Gogolak left the Bills too soon or he might have been the pick

P Brian Moorman - with a tip of the hat to Paul McGuire

ST Steve Tasker - no contest

Defensive nominees weren't given so I will hold off on the nominees.

See link for list www.oleantimesherald.com

Just saw an article on the selection of the all time Bills for the 50th anniversary team. From someone who has been around for most of those 50 years, I humbly submit my picks:

QB Jim Kelly - although Kemp won a championship it was the old AFL (he had one chance for the first Super bowl and lost to the Chiefs)

FB Cookie Gilchrist - this guy annhilated other teams and Buffalo was never the same without him

K Steve Christie - Gogolak left the Bills too soon or he might have been the pick

Welcome to the forum!

Can't arque with any of your picks. While Cookie was a key part of those early teams and a real beast, I would at least mention Braxton. I really never though he got the recognition he deserved. He was just a few yards short of 1000 when OJ got 2000.

Can't arque with any of your picks. While Cookie was a key part of those early teams and a real beast, I would at least mention Braxton. I really never though he got the recognition he deserved. He was just a few yards short of 1000 when OJ got 2000.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I think Braxton got a 1000 that year and the Bills were over 3000 (a record at the time) Anybody know if that is still the record?