Total Access ... If Coles not brought into Miami in the next 48 hours

Schefter says he knows of no other team besides the Bills that have shown interest. Went on to say that if Tuna does not show interest inMiami that Coles played his cards wrong when he turned down $6MM in guaranteed money. Keep your hats on Bills fans because there is a good chance he is headed Buffalo's way. He also went on to say that prices start dropping after the first two days of FA.

Coles will be a Dolphin....that's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it. If he ends up here, I'll be the first to one to congratulate the Inner Circle Jerks, but I just don't see it. As you can see now, all Russ had to do was make an offer that Coles felt was worth his while, and this discussion would be over. :thumbdown:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Coles will be a Dolphin....that's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it. If he ends up here, I'll be the first to one to congratulate the Inner Circle Jerks, but I just don't see it. As you can see now, all Russ had to do was make an offer that Coles felt was worth his while, and this discussion would be over. :thumbdown:

There are a few more variables than that involved.

Schefter says he knows of no other team besides the Bills that have shown interest. Went on to say that if Tuna does not show interest inMiami that Coles played his cards wrong when he turned down $6MM in guaranteed money. Keep your hats on Bills fans because there is a good chance he is headed Buffalo's way. He also went on to say that prices start dropping after the first two days of FA.

I think Shefter is just annoyed that he got "out-scooped" on live TV and didn't know that Coles was in Buffalo on Friday and looked like an idiot when ESPN had reported hours earlier he was there.

I mean....why on earth would he go to Buffalo? He and others said it HAD to be Miami.

I agree. RW said we did not have the talent last year. If Coles signs, then the over all talent on the team gets better. I think the same can be said with the two cuts that were made. - We got better by subtraction. (Royal - poor decisions during games - staying in bounds during a two minute drive and Dockery - playing lke a turnstile) Signing younger and driven players is has more of an upside then the player that they replace.

Buffalo is clearly looking for younger players with upside. While I'm not crazy about the front office, this strategy is their method, and banking on established (and thus high paid) veterans who may be on the downside is not the answer.

It's also risky, but making moves like signing Hangartner and Fitzpatrick are cap friendly acquisitions, and not intended to satisfy the fan base. So many fans on here assumed the Bills would sign big names to placate the fans because the team missed the post season and Jauron was kept.

Either way, Buffalo must make the playoffs this season. That would make fans forget UFA and their initial dissatisfaction.

If we sign him. I think we trade Roscoe man. Evans, Coles, Reed, Johnson, Hardy, and Jenkins. Sounds good to me.

Freddy can return punts, along with the CB we will draft this yr.

I agree with you on Roscoe, great punt returner but hasn't done much to help the offense

Coles would INSTANTLY improve our offense, I don't care what any of the haters have to say. He's an improvement over anything we already have after Evans. If we can now add a pass catching TE in the draft and sur up the OG spot, we will be dramatically better next season on offense.

They would still need to pay for Peters and have continuity on the line. Otherwise, Edwards is going to be on his back on the field most of the time.

I agree with you on Roscoe, great punt returner but hasn't done much to help the offense

I belive they have also not used him on this offense they should have....The guy is unstoppable in open space...Unfortunately for the Bills Turk and Edwards have never been able to give the ball to Roscoe consistently.

Coles turned-down $6M from the Jets this year, thinking he could get more on the market. Hence, he's looking for a deal that averages at least $6M a year. The problem is that no one (not the Bills and not the Dols) want to pay that amount for a (now) #2 WR on the downside of his career. The Bills offered him what they felt was a fair contract but Coles expected more and will look at other opportunities.

Coles turned-down $6M from the Jets this year, thinking he could get more on the market. Hence, he's looking for a deal that averages at least $6M a year. The problem is that no one (not the Bills and not the Dols) want to pay that amount for a (now) #2 WR on the downside of his career. The Bills offered him what they felt was a fair contract but Coles expected more and will look at other opportunities.

That`s right. Fins or Bills .Who has more upside? Plus Chad probably has put a bug in someones ear about him.

I think we should add Coles but I'm really excited to see what Steve Johnson can do. I expect him to make a strong push for the 2nd WR spot.

I agree, plus johnson is a bigger reciever who should benefit from the playing time he got last year

Dont forget Coles has had concussion problems in the past and I guess that is the main reason the Bills didnot sign him right after his visit.

But he is better than anybody beside Evans that we have now so I would be happy if we did it, but not surprised if we did not

That`s right. Fins or Bills .Who has more upside? Plus Chad probably has put a bug in someones ear about him.

Personally, I couldn't care less either way. He'd be a stop-gap given his age and declining production. And that's what's preventing him from getting the big money deals he was expecting.

Jenkins was signed but he;s not making much. If they signed Coles I could easily see them cutting Jenkins as soon as Hardy was 100% back. I'm sure they want to keep Jenkins if they can because he's good as a gunner, but April seems to know how to put guys in there and get the job done. It's possible they trade Roscoe, although I wouldnt want us to. We could easily not only get by but do well with Fred jackson and Leodis splitting PR duties, even though Roscoe is the all-time NFL leader in PR.

Is anyone sure Hardy will be available next year and even if he is its 50-50 he will ever be a starter? Coles is definitely a better option in my opinion.

Hardy will be ready to go by training camp.

Last I heard he wouldn't. I remember reading he wouldn't be ready to go until mid-season. I'm gonna see if I can find something on this. I know it's supposed to be 8 months rehab then slowly getting back into shape.

I think you're right VOR, apparently he is ahead of schedule and is doing well. He had the surgery in January which ought to put him into August for his comeback but apparently he's expected to be a full participant in training camp. That's good news, I stil expect him to emerge as a starter. He's too big and physically gifted not to.

That's my point. The Bills have the money. They need Coles more then any other team, so why did Brandon "offer him what they felt was a fair contract", instead of just asking Coles how much he "expected", and maybe negoiating somewhat less then that figure, but making sure he locked him up while Lavereus was sitting across from him at his freakin' desk??

It has happened already around the NFL. Bart Scott only visited the Jets, and signed with them. Lito Sheppard may not have visited any other teams, yet he signed with the Jets himself. Players have agents with cell phones and I-Phones and fax machines. The players dont' have to "visit" any teams at all. When they do visit, they are showing that they are really interested in your franchise, and expect an offer.

If Coles ends up signing with Buffalo, awesome. But if he signs with the Dolphins instead, don't waste your time believing Brandon could not have locked him up while he was here. Of course he could have....and should have.

On the bright side, there are still plenty of other free agent wide receivers including Bryant Johnson who we were all so high on at this time last year, available to be signed. I just thought at only 31, and still with plenty of catches in front of him, a guy like Coles was perfect for the Bills right now. I'll continue to hope I'm wrong about the Dolphins.

That's my point. The Bills have the money. They need Coles more then any other team, so why did Brandon "offer him what they felt was a fair contract", instead of just asking Coles how much he "expected", and maybe negoiating somewhat less then that figure, but making sure he locked him up while Lavereus was sitting across from him at his freakin' desk??

You start low and work your way up. And Coles has NO other suitors, not even Miami, who won't talk to him unless he's asking for $3M a year. But in Coles' mind, he probably needed to see what Miami was offering. And he'd probably take $3M a year versus even $4.5M a year from the Bills, given the state taxes, perceived quality of the teams, and that he can play in his home state.

It has happened already around the NFL. Bart Scott only visited the Jets, and signed with them. Lito Sheppard may not have visited any other teams, yet he signed with the Jets himself. Players have agents with cell phones and I-Phones and fax machines. The players dont' have to "visit" any teams at all. When they do visit, they are showing that they are really interested in your franchise, and expect an offer.

Scott played under new Jets' HC Rex Ryan, so he had an in there. Kind of like Miami has with Coles because of Pennington, Parcells, and it being his home state. And Sheppard was traded.

If Coles ends up signing with Buffalo, awesome. But if he signs with the Dolphins instead, don't waste your time believing Brandon could not have locked him up while he was here. Of course he could have....and should have.

He could have...if he offered $5M a year for him. That's too much.

On the bright side, there are still plenty of other free agent wide receivers including Bryant Johnson who we were all so high on at this time last year, available to be signed. I just thought at only 31, and still with plenty of catches in front of him, a guy like Coles was perfect for the Bills right now. I'll continue to hope I'm wrong about the Dolphins.

Johnson signed with the Lions for 3 years and $9M. But there are other WR's out there like Amani Toomer.