Total Access ... If Coles not brought into Miami in the next 48 hours

Remember, Coles wasn't exactly happy with Jets management last season. The coaching change may alleviate some of that, but as pointed out above, Gang Green's current depth chart at QB lists Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff, and ???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, Coles wasn't exactly happy with Jets management last season. The coaching change may alleviate some of that, but as pointed out above, Gang Green's current depth chart at QB lists Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff, and ???

It would really surprise me if he went back to the Jets.

Well, he asked for his release after the coaching change, and the Tannenbaum is still in place. I don't seen him going back to the Jets.

Lori, what do you think of bringing in Coles? Good move or bad?

Well, he asked for his release after the coaching change, and the Tannenbaum is still in place. I don't seen him going back to the Jets.

Lori, what do you think of bringing in Coles? Good move or bad?

Pros: as already mentioned, he'd be an instant upgrade to the WR corps. Hardy won't be back from that ACL tear any time soon, and he'll still have a lot of catching up to do when he does return. So unless they make a move, that leaves Evans and Reed as their top two again, and you know how well that worked last season. (Even better when Reed went down and nobody was able to fill the void.)

Cons: Coles is 31, was never what I'd consider an elite receiver, has always had a reputation as a moody guy, and last I knew, was looking for a long-term deal with a good chunk of guaranteed money.

Depends on the terms of the deal, I suppose, but it sure would be nice to have someone besides Evans to catch the ball on this team. I'd be all right with signing Coles, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

And with so much money already tied up in Evans, neither would the Bills. (I think.)

If we sign him. I think we trade Roscoe man. Evans, Coles, Reed, Johnson, Hardy, and Jenkins. Sounds good to me.

Freddy can return punts, along with the CB we will draft this yr.

I think Jenkins or Johnson are gone (maye johnson to the Practice squad if hes eligible before they trade away Rscoe. They only way you trade him is if you get a great return for him. He is one of the best Punt returners in the league and losing him will really hurt the Bills Special teams

I think Jenkins or Johnson are gone (maye johnson to the Practice squad if hes eligible before they trade away Rscoe. They only way you trade him is if you get a great return for him. He is one of the best Punt returners in the league and losing him will really hurt the Bills Special teams

First of all Steve Johnson is not eligible for the practice squad and even if he was, the Bills would have to pass him through waivers to put him there. So there's that.

Secondly the Bills just re-signed Jenkins last week.

Erik Ainge. That trio of QB's is going to be their undoing if they go into the season with as little experience they have there.

Perhaps Rex Ryan is trying to turn the Jests into Baltimore North. Awesome defense and hopefully enough offense to score 17 ppg. Frankly, they'll have issues getting the offense going when Thomas Jones is your starting back, with Cotchery and Keller the targets in the passing game. Ryan has sounded like Greggg a little, and while I think he's better than Williams, Mike Tannenbaum is still running that team. And his track record ain't great, particularly on draft day.

Coles would INSTANTLY improve our offense, I don't care what any of the haters have to say. He's an improvement over anything we already have after Evans. If we can now add a pass catching TE in the draft and sur up the OG spot, we will be dramatically better next season on offense.

No other team wants him and there are teams with much worse WR corps than the Bills.

We do not have to sign him .... however tell me that he is not an upgrade over any receiver, other than Evans, that is currently on our roster. You sign him Reed also goes to the slot where he belongs and is much more of a threat.

See above. Since the Bills have some good young talent that need playing time I just don't see him being a good thing for the team. I think his talent is depleted. JMO

If we sign him. I think we trade Roscoe man. Evans, Coles, Reed, Johnson, Hardy, and Jenkins. Sounds good to me.

Freddy can return punts, along with the CB we will draft this yr.

If they sign Coles and then trade RP for a third or better then I'll like this deal a lot more than I do right now.

First of all Steve Johnson is not eligible for the practice squad and even if he was, the Bills would have to pass him through waivers to put him there. So there's that.

Secondly the Bills just re-signed Jenkins last week.

Jenkins was signed but he;s not making much. If they signed Coles I could easily see them cutting Jenkins as soon as Hardy was 100% back. I'm sure they want to keep Jenkins if they can because he's good as a gunner, but April seems to know how to put guys in there and get the job done. It's possible they trade Roscoe, although I wouldnt want us to. We could easily not only get by but do well with Fred jackson and Leodis splitting PR duties, even though Roscoe is the all-time NFL leader in PR.

There are other return men on the roster ... Parrish is expendable. Parrish is useless as a receiver.

Jenkins was signed but he;s not making much. If they signed Coles I could easily see them cutting Jenkins as soon as Hardy was 100% back. I'm sure they want to keep Jenkins if they can because he's good as a gunner, but April seems to know how to put guys in there and get the job done. It's possible they trade Roscoe, although I wouldnt want us to. We could easily not only get by but do well with Fred jackson and Leodis splitting PR duties, even though Roscoe is the all-time NFL leader in PR.

Interestingly, Leodis McKelvin, as you all know, had 8 TD returns in his collegiate career. What many don't know was that 7 of them were punt returns and only 1 was a kickoff return. In addition his kickoff return average in college was mediocre.

In other words, last year was the first year that McKelvin showed an aptitude for returning kickoffs. He was a natural punt returner but if you remember last season, he started out slowly on kickoffs but improved each week.

Anyways, yes they could hypothetically replace Parrish with McKelvin on punts (probably without missing a beat) although I'm not sure how I feel about that...just like I wasn't a big fan of McGee returning kickoffs even though he's great at it.

Interestingly, Leodis McKelvin, as you all know, had 8 TD returns in his collegiate career. What many don't know was that 7 of them were punt returns and only 1 was a kickoff return. In addition his kickoff return average in college was mediocre.

In other words, last year was the first year that McKelvin showed an aptitude for returning kickoffs. He was a natural punt returner but if you remember last season, he started out slowly on kickoffs but improved each week.

Anyways, yes they could hypothetically replace Parrish with McKelvin on punts (probably without missing a beat) although I'm not sure how I feel about that...just like I wasn't a big fan of McGee returning kickoffs even though he's great at it.

Remember, too, that McKelvin will apparently start at CB this season. Not sure I want him trying to do all three jobs (CB/KR/PR).

There are other return men on the roster ... Parrish is expendable. Parrish is useless as a receiver.

But none of them are as good as Parrish at returning kicks, and he isn't useless, they just don't get him the ball. I think Leodis is going to be the return guy for the kick offs and parrish will continue to return punts. Like I said, if they get a great return from him, then sure, deal him away, but don't tradehim away just to keep a guy like Jenkins to sit on the bench, its easier to find a new gunner on ST's then a punt returner like Parrish.

But none of them are as good as Parrish at returning kicks, and he isn't useless, they just don't get him the ball. I think Leodis is going to be the return guy for the kick offs and parrish will continue to return punts. Like I said, if they get a great return from him, then sure, deal him away, but don't tradehim away just to keep a guy like Jenkins to sit on the bench, its easier to find a new gunner on ST's then a punt returner like Parrish.

I'm not saying trade Parrish although there's the question of what he could bring back in return.

I am saying I think in view of McKelvin's 7 punt return TDs in college that there's reason to believe that there would be little or no drop-off if he took over punt return duty.

One thing no one mentions is that (I recall) Roscoe let a lot of punts bounce and roll this year, and for big yardage. So you have to factor that also when judging his excellence as a punt returner.

Also I'm not a big fan of Roscoe from scrimmage. Just not seeing it. Could be wrong.

I'm not saying trade Parrish although there's the question of what he could bring back in return.

I am saying I think in view of McKelvin's 7 punt return TDs in college that there's reason to believe that there would be little or no drop-off if he took over punt return duty.

One thing no one mentions is that (I recall) Roscoe let a lot of punts bounce and roll this year, and for big yardage. So you have to factor that also when judging his excellence as a punt returner.

Also I'm not a big fan of Roscoe from scrimmage. Just not seeing it. Could be wrong.

if McKelvin is returning punts, who returns kickoffs? It looks like last year they were moving him into that spot to takethe laod off of McGee returning kicks, and anyone else returning kicks will be a big drop off.

i just don't see why you keep a roster spot open for Jenkins to make only a couple of catches a year instead of keeping Roscoe to return punts

Coles would INSTANTLY improve our offense, I don't care what any of the haters have to say. He's an improvement over anything we already have after Evans. If we can now add a pass catching TE in the draft and sur up the OG spot, we will be dramatically better next season on offense.

I agree. RW said we did not have the talent last year. If Coles signs, then the over all talent on the team gets better. I think the same can be said with the two cuts that were made. - We got better by subtraction. (Royal - poor decisions during games - staying in bounds during a two minute drive and Dockery - playing lke a turnstile) Signing younger and driven players is has more of an upside then the player that they replace.