3 more free agents

SWVABillsFan

3 more players still available that would complete free agency and help Buffalo to step up: Kendall Simmons, Cato June, and Laverneous Coles. One other if still available would be awesome would be Chris Canty. Then the draft can be used to obtain impact players rather than role fillers.

3 more players still available that would complete free agency and help Buffalo to step up: Kendall Simmons, Cato June, and Laverneous Coles. One other if still available would be awesome would be Chris Canty. Then the draft can be used to obtain impact players rather than role fillers.

Do they really need another undersized linebacker?

Simmons seems like a real possibility. Apparently the Bills put him through a physical to test the achilles that he ruptured last year and he passed with flying colors. I think the Bills could sign him in the next day or two, as there are no reports that he is supposed to be heading anywhere else. As for Coles, I think he's going to land in Miami, unfortunately, unless Buffalo can offer him a significantly better deal than he'll get from the Dolfags. Pennington and he are supposed to be pretty good friends, and even though Pennington said he's not trying to pressure Coles into anything, we all know they wouldn't mind having another weapon opposite Ginn down in Miami. If Buffalo wants Coles they better make a move in the next 24 hrs before Parcells has a chance to make him an offer.

Simmons is the most likely of the three. Maybe June but I highly doubt Coles. The Bills went after a big body receiver in Hardy last year. They were not secret about the fact that they needed someone in this mold. If they go after a receiver it is likely to be someone else.

Simmons is the most likely of the three. Maybe June but I highly doubt Coles. The Bills went after a big body receiver in Hardy last year. They were not secret about the fact that they needed someone in this mold. If they go after a receiver it is likely to be someone else.

I agree .... I think Simmons is our guy, I'm a little bit afraid of his injury but that is what the medical staff is for.

As far as Coles, I think he's a pretty darn good reciever, but he's pretty much a Lee Evans redux, we need someone with different skill sets (translate to big body reciever who will battle over the middle for the reception).

I agree .... I think Simmons is our guy, I'm a little bit afraid of his injury but that is what the medical staff is for.

As far as Coles, I think he's a pretty darn good reciever, but he's pretty much a Lee Evans redux, we need someone with different skill sets (translate to big body reciever who will battle over the middle for the reception).

I thought people were saying that Coles does go over the middle for receptions, even though he isn't a tall receiver? His height doesn't mean a thing if he can play, and if he is good enough that it forces other teams defenses to respect him and make someone stay on him and take pressure off Evans, the only problem will be that the bills need to make sure Trent is the guy that can get the ball to either of them.

As for him going and almost definitlysigning in Miami, has Miami even shown interest in him???? All I have seen is that they MAY show interest, and its mostly just reporters saying that because they link him to playing with pennington, even though miami has not made any formal attempt to bring him in to talk.

I thought people were saying that Coles does go over the middle for receptions, even though he isn't a tall receiver? His height doesn't mean a thing if he can play, and if he is good enough that it forces other teams defenses to respect him and make someone stay on him and take pressure off Evans, the only problem will be that the bills need to make sure Trent is the guy that can get the ball to either of them.

As for him going and almost definitlysigning in Miami, has Miami even shown interest in him???? All I have seen is that they MAY show interest, and its mostly just reporters saying that because they link him to playing with pennington, even though miami has not made any formal attempt to bring him in to talk.

Other posts on Coles says he is not a deep threat receiver but he works sideline to sideline and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Trust me, Coles is doing his due diligence, but at this point in his career, he will want to play for a winner. Unless Buffalo significantly offers a contract that overpays for Coles, Coles won't sign in Buffalo.

Agree...Simmons is our best shot and a typical Bills signing. A guy with some talent that is a good but not a solid starter/player. Injury history on him and will come on the cheap. He fills a roster spot and is better than Dockery. A signing like this makes us Buffalo fans feel good even though the Bills can't attract the real talent necessary to make us competitive.

Other posts on Coles says he is not a deep threat receiver but he works sideline to sideline and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Trust me, Coles is doing his due diligence, but at this point in his career, he will want to play for a winner. Unless Buffalo significantly offers a contract that overpays for Coles, Coles won't sign in Buffalo.

Agree...Simmons is our best shot and a typical Bills signing. A guy with some talent that is a good but not a solid starter/player. Injury history on him and will come on the cheap. He fills a roster spot and is better than Dockery. A signing like this makes us Buffalo fans feel good even though the Bills can't attract the real talent necessary to make us competitive.

he seemed like he was interested and spent alot of time with the FO yesterday, and its not like every team is knocking down his door to sign him right now. Buffalo would be a good choice for him because he will have the chance to be oneofthe teams top receivers and given plenty of playing time. No one is looking at him to come in and be their #1, and Buffalo would guarantee him the spot as a #2 WR.

So far, from whats been said, the Bills ahve been the only team that has shown interest in him, although according to some here, Miami is signing him as we speak cause they want him really bad.

If Simmons is healthy and Buffalo signs him then the O-Line is set. I wish they had gotten a better center but it appears that position is upgraded but, that's really not saying much.

I think we still have a very precarious situation, even with a Simmons signing. I would still take a center in the top three rounds, (If a quality guy is still there) and if a big body survives to pick 11, I would nab him as well (unlikely). even with a healthy Simmons, this isn't a line that couldn't be upgraded by young , superior talent.