Why we aren't doomed

Fingon

Relax people, this team is not doomed. The team will go only as far as Trent Edwards goes, and his progression should ensure that we don't suffer a 3-13 or 4-12 season. I think, at worst, we are a 6-10 7-9 team. However, if TE reasonably progresses (as should be expected) we have a very good shot of being 9-7 or 10-6. Trent has shown many positives over the last year, and we should all expect him to drastically improve over last year.

So, i know this is hard... but quit your bitching people. Our eggs are in the basket of Edwards, and that isn't a bad thing.

Well, let me put it this way. What they tell you in the news is that lynch was arrested when he was in the car with 2 other people. What they don't tell you is one of the other people was trINt Edwards. Lynch did all those things to gain approval of the true gangster, edwards. Edwards didn't get arrested because when the cop tried to arrest him, he simply beat the cop up by looking at him,

Relax people, this team is not doomed. The team will go only as far as Trent Edwards goes, and his progression should ensure that we don't suffer a 3-13 or 4-12 season. I think, at worst, we are a 6-10 7-9 team. However, if TE reasonably progresses (as should be expected) we have a very good shot of being 9-7 or 10-6. Trent has shown many positives over the last year, and we should all expect him to drastically improve over last year.

So, i know this is hard... but quit your bitching people. Our eggs are in the basket of Edwards, and that isn't a bad thing.

I agree but it's not going to help. It's like trying to push a brain through concrete.

I heard he drowns blind kittens.

Jesus! They're blind what should of he done. They weren't gonna have much of a life. He did what he should of done. :doh:

:wallbash:

Quit your bitching??? Screw you buddy.

With the successes of rookies Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco the "patience" thing has been worn to the nub. It's time Trent put up a good season or get the f out of Buffalo.

11 touchdowns in 14 games doesn't cut it, a 67.9 QB rating against the AFC East teams doesn't cut it, bad games at home in Ralph Wilson Stadium against horrible teams like the Browns and Niners doesn't cut it, below .500 seasons doesn't cut it. He still has yet to answer the questions regarding his toughness, fragility, arm strength and competitiveness. Don't give me the "but we gave Losman a long time to develop" crap either. Losman was a known project who would take time to find out about. Edwards was obviously way ahead of Losman in the learning curve department in his first year. The major problem is that Edwards' progression was not sustained in 2008 which is understandably very troubling to fans on a Bills message board. So this is not bitching buddy, it's well deserved questioning of a guy who still has yet to solidify a position which has been in flux since Jim Kelly left ages ago.

Bills fans don't give a damn what your golfing handicap is Trent, win games or get lost.

With the successes of rookies Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco the "patience" thing has been worn to the nub. It's time Trent put up a good season or get the f out of Buffalo.

11 touchdowns in 14 games doesn't cut it, a 67.9 QB rating against the AFC East teams doesn't cut it, bad games at home in Ralph Wilson Stadium against horrible teams like the Browns and Niners doesn't cut it, below .500 seasons doesn't cut it. He still has yet to answer the questions regarding his toughness, fragility, arm strength and competitiveness. Don't give me the "but we gave Losman a long time to develop" crap either. Losman was a known project who would take time to find out about. Edwards was obviously way ahead of Losman in the learning curve department in his first year. The major problem is that Edwards' progression was not sustained in 2008 which is understandably very troubling to fans on a Bills message board. So this is not bitching buddy, it's well deserved questioning of a guy who still has yet to solidify a position which has been in flux since Jim Kelly left ages ago.

Bills fans don't give a damn what your golfing handicap is Trent, win games or get lost.

We need JP.

Are you that dense? Last year was his first full year of starting, and he had many more good games than any young QB we have had in a long time. Also, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are the exception... not the rule. Maybe you should look at this from a logical standpoint, rather than an irrational reactionary position. The whole "we have no shot at winning because we didn't sign a 30 year old for $10 million means we suck" thing is way over done. It is not only rational to think that Trent will continue to get better, but it is very probable.

Much better talent evaluators than you think he will be a great QB. Ever hear of Steve Young or Bill Walsh?

Ps: "Quit your bitching??? Screw you buddy" Go !@#$ yourself.

Well, let me put it this way. What they tell you in the news is that lynch was arrested when he was in the car with 2 other people. What they don't tell you is one of the other people was trINt Edwards. Lynch did all those things to gain approval of the true gangster, edwards. Edwards didn't get arrested because when the cop tried to arrest him, he simply beat the cop up by looking at him,

And a mythological QB has been born.

Are you that dense? Last year was his first full year of starting, and he had many more good games than any young QB we have had in a long time. Also, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are the exception... not the rule. Maybe you should look at this from a logical standpoint, rather than an irrational reactionary position. The whole "we have no shot at winning because we didn't sign a 30 year old for $10 million means we suck" thing is way over done. It is not only rational to think that Trent will continue to get better, but it is very probable.

Much better talent evaluators than you think he will be a great QB. Ever hear of Steve Young or Bill Walsh?

Ps: "Quit your bitching??? Screw you buddy" Go !@#$ yourself.

"Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are the exception" ?????????????

That sounds like something our loser head coach would say to excuse Trent's 2008 nosedive. Whatever happened to the thinking that Trent was exceptional??? Oh that's right, the 2008 season happened.

I seriously do not know what the hell you were watching last year. It certainly wasn't Trent Edwards. Edwards majorly sucked once the real season began. You know, when he had to face our divisional opponents. Then he had the nerve to suck monkey balls against the likes of the Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers. You're clueless if you think that Trent had a good season last year. Either that or your standards are on the level of a Detroit Lions fan.

Trent sucked last year. Now to be fair I don't know if it's him or the ineptness at coaching, but he did suck. It's too bad that Edwards doesn't have a head coach that demanded perfection just like Joe Montana had in Bill Walsh. But it's apparent that Edwards feels like he needs to get in his 6 months of golfing in during the offseason and that's just a-okay with the Dick "the duffus" Jauron and his "just trying is okay attitude".

Sorry to say this bitchy B word, but if Trent Edwards sucks again this year I hope both him and his lifetime loser achievement award winner of a head coach are long gone before the 2010 season.

11 touchdowns for the entire season, 67.9 rating in AFC East games........dude, there's no denying it, those numbers SUCK for a starting Buffalo Bills QB.

"Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are the exception" ?????????????

That sounds like something our loser head coach would say to excuse Trent's 2008 nosedive. Whatever happened to the thinking that Trent was exceptional??? Oh that's right, the 2008 season happened.

I seriously do not know what the hell you were watching last year. It certainly wasn't Trent Edwards. Edwards majorly sucked once the real season began. You know, when he had to face our divisional opponents. Then he had the nerve to suck monkey balls against the likes of the Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers. You're clueless if you think that Trent had a good season last year. Either that or your standards are on the level of a Detroit Lions fan.

Trent sucked last year. Now to be fair I don't know if it's him or the ineptness at coaching, but he did suck. It's too bad that Edwards doesn't have a head coach that demanded perfection just like Joe Montana had in Bill Walsh. But it's apparent that Edwards feels like he needs to get in his 6 months of golfing in during the offseason and that just a-okay with the Dick "the duffus" Jauron and his "just trying is okay attitude".

Sorry to say this bitchy B word, but if Trent Edwards sucks again this year I hope both him and his lifetime loser achievement award winner of a head coach are long gone before the 2010 season.

11 touchdowns for the entire season, 67.9 rating in AFC East games........dude, there's no denying it, those numbers SUCK for a starting Buffalo Bills QB.

My vote for most ignorant thread/response of the year....and that's a tough feat on this board. So you are saying that if DJ just "demands perfection" then we'll have a 2nd Joe Montana....because he was a HOF caliber QB in his first couple of years...I think anyone that actually realized the NFL isn't a video game can see we have a potentially great QB that was good/bad/very bad and shades of great at times....which is better than most 2nd year QB's...by thge way, Ryan was awesome and Flacco has talent, but if he was on an average team and had to win the games rather than "not lose" them, it wouyld be a different story...

My vote for most ignorant thread/response of the year....and that's a tough feat on this board. So you are saying that if DJ just "demands perfection" then we'll have a 2nd Joe Montana....because he was a HOF caliber QB in his first couple of years...I think anyone that actually realized the NFL isn't a video game can see we have a potentially great QB that was good/bad/very bad and shades of great at times....which is better than most 2nd year QB's...by thge way, Ryan was awesome and Flacco has talent, but if he was on an average team and had to win the games rather than "not lose" them, it wouyld be a different story...

Let me put this to you this way...if Bill Walsh were Trent Edwards' head coach and he had another clunker 2009 season like his clunker 2008 season, then Edwards would not be the starting Bills QB in 2010. Dick Jauron is the polar opposite of the ultimate task master Bill Walsh. Sorry if this is news to you, but Dick Jauron doesn't care about winning. All he cares about is that he feels that his players "try hard". Whatever the hell that means and all the while the measuring stick for this "trying hard" high standard is stuck somewhere up his @ss.

Let me put this to you this way...if Bill Walsh were Trent Edwards' head coach and he had another clunker 2009 season like his clunker 2008 season, then Edwards would not be the starting Bills QB in 2010. Dick Jauron is the polar opposite of the ultimate task master Bill Walsh. Sorry if this is news to you, but Dick Jauron doesn't care about winning. All he cares about is that he feels that his players "try hard". Whatever the hell that means and all the while the measuring stick for this "trying hard" high standard is stuck somewhere up his @ss.

you know nothing!!

I don't like the posters that continually B word either, but what your post says does not exactly make me optimistic. You are saying we will be 7-9 to possible 9-7 or 10-6. I am sick of sucking, and I am sick of mediocrity. It would be too small a victory for us if the Bills won 9 games and still missed out on the playoffs. Are we that complacent about mediocrity?