Carolina OL Geoff Hangartner signs with the Bills

kdipirro

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he was their starter.

He started 8 games this year due to injury on the Panthers' OL. Most of those starts were at C filling in for the injured Ryan Khalil. He played very well from everything I've read about the guy.

He started 8 games this year due to injury on the Panthers' OL. Most of those starts were at C filling in for the injured Ryan Khalil. He played very well from everything I've read about the guy.

That's what I thought. He wasn't good enough to be their starter.

I noticed in the link that QB Charlie Frye is on his way to St. Louis. I wouldn't be too surprised if Losman lands up in Seattle as a back-up to Matt Hasselbeck. The guy is aging and his back has been getting worse IMO.

I'd be shocked since Seattle runs a west coast offensive system and JP is basically incapable of functioning in that kind of offense.

last time we acted fast we got dockery. it is better to put some thought into it and not just sign just any big name

I sort of agree with you.......

But their thinking should have started after we lost to New England! Sorry.....

They should have had a plan in place well before free agency began, you know like most other NFL teams in the league.

I like the interest in Hangartner.

Go over to the Carolina message board and they sincerely have respect for him as a player, he has versatility, he has size, the Panthers don't have the cap room to keep him even if they wanted too, Jordan Gross their best lineman is actively campaigning for the Panthers to keep him.

More importantly, with the sheer number of free agent lineman we have brought in over the last several years,

we are due to hit on one, aren't we?

Or maybe he just isn't as good as Ryan Khalil...there are backups out there who would start on most teams. He started 8 games last year and 15 the year before they got Khalil, and started admirably from what I read.

While our backups wouldnt even make another teams practice squad.

Or maybe he just isn't as good as Ryan Khalil...there are backups out there who would start on most teams. He started 8 games last year and 15 the year before they got Khalil, and started admirably from what I read.

He was on the team before Khalil got there, yet he never started. He's been a career backup, a guy they like to have because if they have an injury at guard or center, he can slide in there. Yet they never felt he was starting material. Someone on here said he was our version of Kirk Chambers, which I think is pretty accurate. I'm not saying he stinks, he's certainly serviceable, I just don't like to see it when people get carried away about his abilities.

That's the case here. Dude is 6'5" and 300lbs. He is a cap casualty in Carolina. They just extended Jordan Gross with a huge contract and franchised Peppers. They would love to keep him but don't have the cap space. This would be a good signing for the Bills.

Kendall Simmons was a good OL in Pittsburgh pre-injury. He was their starter from his rookie season on. If he is truly healthy and ready to go, we sign him and Hangartner, we might be better off than we were with Dockery and Preston/Fowler. I really don't believe we could be worse with the two.