New Draft Strategy the Cause for Most of This?

H2o

We are currently in the #11 spot as you all know. I know that it's alot of chance putting your hope in rookies and all, but I got a feeling that is what our FO is going to do. We have the largest holes at the C and OG positions. Just trying to rationalize here, but I think our FO is SERIOUSLY going to push to trade down in the 1st Round and pick up extra picks. When this happens they will select Alex Mack in the 1st round who will be moved to OG and we will take Eric Wood in the 2nd to play C. With the rest of the picks we will address the DE, TE, and LB positions. This would make sense of the relative inactivity in FA even though we released Dockery. We re-signed Chambers, but most likely will not re-sign Preston or Fowler. If we sign Hangartner he may be our supposed answer for the C position. If that's the case, they could very well target Duke Robinson in the 1st Round. I'm just starting to think that they are targeting some one for the OL in the 1st.

I was going to post something about this too. While I am somewhat intrigued by Hangartner -- I agree with you that it seems his best fit is at center. If this is the case, then I do not think Buffalo would use a high draft pick on the center position (meaning all those on this site that want Mack, Unger and Wood will all be disappointed.)

The FO doesn't seem to draft OG very high, so I have my doubts about landing Duke Robinson, Andy Levitre or Herman Johnson. This draft is shaping up to be another disappointment.

Just a thought, but the reality is that there are quite a few free agents that probably haven't heard their phone ring yet! Go to ESPN or Pro Football Weekly and the list of free agents is staggering. I think that the Bills will sign players that they've targeted, it just takes time. Every player thinks, deep down, that they are $100,000,000 talent too!! Reality will set in for these guys in the next week or two, and then pass judgement. By the way, my buddy is a diehard Packers fan and they NEVER sign free agents under Ted Thompson. His blueprint is undoubtedly the draft, but the right players MUST be picked to allow that method to work. The Bills have been "sketchy" in the draft, so let's hope for better (MUCH BETTER) results!

so we are putting all of our hopes on rookies........classic. Not dissing your post. Cause its something the Bills would do.

it is also something the patriots, colts, and many other teams have done along the offensive line in past years...seems like it worked alright for the dolphins (long) and the falcons (baker) last year.