To those still optimistic

Virgil

Here's what I know about the Bills at this current moment:

1) We believe that Insanity is the only way to go with our coaching and front office. Let's keep the same people with horrible track records and expect different results.

2) We have one of the highest paid Defensive Lines in the NFL, but have seen numerous interviews with the coaches, and even the players on the Defensive Line, talk about how they need to improve their talent to generate a better pass rush. That's like Obama saying someone really needs to start running this country soon. Yet, we still plan on retaining all the people who can't do the job and continue to pay them regardless.

3) Our Offensive Line was pathetic in Run Blocking, and adequate in Pass Block. So, recognizing this as a place of need, we either cut the entire line or let them walk in FA, keeping only the guy who is so disgruntled that he may or may not re-sign with us....assuming we will even pony up the money he probably wants. We also cut a guy who had trade value and other teams wanted. I know we don't know the whole story with this, but we just ate a dude's massive contract and got nothing in return. Was he so horrible he was worse than our alternative of...oh wait, we have no alternative right now. Also, the best lineman out there, Brown, isn't even made a push for. The guy can play C or G, is known for his great push, and nothing. What, we didn't want to spent the extra 3-4 mil a year we'll save on someone else for a guy who has proven what he can do on a team who lived on rushing the ball? And who do we target, guys who played back-up for other teams so that we can save some bank and hope it works out. Right now, it looks like the Bills are banking the safety of our QB and our entire running game on the potential of current back-ups and the NFL draft. Awesome!!!

4) We have been begging for a TE for how long? The fact that we aren't even having discussions with the Texans or the Browns is sickening to me. The price tag is too high you say? What about all the people who have us taking a TE in the first round? Pettigrew is a headcase with no speed. I'd take established talent over that any day. Winslow went for a second and a late rounder next year. I'll make you a deal. Draft the best TE available in your mind with both those picks, and I guarantee you that they don't equal half the production Winslow does.

5) Who exactly is our Qb? Trent, play like an MVP one second, scared like a child the next...if I can stay healthy that is. Trent has never finished a season healthy. Period. So who do we bring in? I think this description sums it up best:

"There was talk of the Bills possibly bringing in a veteran to challenge Trent Edwards, but this signing puts an end to that talk. The noodle-armed Fitzpatrick is 100 percent backup material and is no threat to Edwards' job."

So great, we are now officially putting all our eggs in the Edwards basket and hoping the DJ can motivate him with strong words to push himself. Cause we know who he won't be looking over his shoulder at.

6) Why are we looking at runningbacks? Are we cutting someone I don't know about? How often did anyone touch the ball besides Lynch and Jackson? What is the waste of time here? All this did was remind us that every player out there would rather take less money, which is all that we even offer, than play with us.

7) Coles. Are you kidding me. A headcase minus the talent. We had him at RB and called him McGahee. This guy isn't half of what he thinks he is and just pisses off everyone he plays with. And honestly, is this really a need? Of everything, we just paid Evans, Reed has proven himself a decent slot guy, and Jenkins and Johnson showed good promise. In any case, unless you are looking at Boldin, stop this crap.

8) I like Poz and Mitchell. You want to run a Tampa 2, you need a third. There are crazy LB's out there and we aren't even talking to any of them. This isn't a huge deal to me, but still.

9) What the hell are we saving our money for? Do we not have it? Who are we expecting to sign? Every single person we are looking at may command 3-4 mil a year. We have almost 30 mil to spend.

10) Is anyone in the draft outside the top 5 not looking like a risk at this point. Yet it seems we are banking a lot on this.

I've come to the conclusion that, while RW has been warning us of this, we have become the Pittsburgh Pirates. We are the minor league system of the rest of the league. There is absolutely no reason to get excited about next year. We easily had the money and picks to acquire Jason Brown, Kellen Winslow, Bart Scott, retain Greer and get a few others still out there.

Sorry about this, and if you've held on this long, thank you for letting me get it out. I am more tore up about this team than even I realized. They are just killing me no matter how much I try to not let it get to me. I feel like a kid who forgot his own birthday. I'm usually brimming with optimism right now and waiting impatiently for the draft. And now, there is nothing this team can do to get me excited, which is exactly what needed to be done for everyone.

We blew a 5-1 lead and still kept the coach while our owner tells us that we need more money. Ralph, what reason do we have to give you anything? What are you offering us to buy? Tickets to see a team with an unstable QB, an overpaid D-Line with no pash rush, and a team with the intensity of Jello who, no matter how good they may seem, will always fold to the Pats. The only thing you could have done Ralph, after keeping DJ, was spend some money, not stupidly like Snyder, bring in some guys that can get us excited and build something on paper so awesome that we would have to give you a chance. Cause sorry, the draft isn't going to cut it this year. And yes, the players were available either through trade or FA, you're just comfortable listening to DJ.

Believe what you want, we are officially one of the bottom 2 teams in the league. Record aside, all the other teams are doing everything in their power to get things going. Sorry Lions, you went 0-16 so you are with us.

Thank you again for letting me do this. Flame away.

This isn't worth seriously addressing. And what you posted are almost all not facts, despite your claiming to know them. They are just twisted looks at things.

I'm glad your post was so obviously twisted and pathetic. I didn't have to read even a third of it before I knew it was a waste of my time.

#3 is horse hockey concerning the pass blocking, if you had read Turk Schonert's interview in the paper recently, he stated that the bills pass blocking was horrid,its the reason the Bills failed to go deep very often. The line looked good on some plays but then nobody was open so he went to the dump off pass.

There is a small glimmer of hope in terms of that Schonert interview,at least from what I read. The Bills know they need a TE, they know they need another receiver like Lee Evans, opposite Lee Evans to help take the double and triple coverage away from him and help open up the offense. They know they need to build a better offensive line to run and pass block better.

Jauron is on his last legs IMO and what he does this off season is critical, and will either make or break him as a head coach.

Look at it this way, its a win win situation for Bills fans,if Jauron doesn't get the help needed to repair the offense and has a losing season, I'm confidant that Wilson will be forced to cave in to fans and season ticket holders and fire Jauron. With so many super bowl winning coaches currently unemployed this season, perhaps the Bills might hire one next season,or during the season if they go 0-9 or something. Shanahan- Cowher-Billick-Gruden,heck I'd be happy with martyball in Buffalo.

If the Bills do manage to find the right players in the draft and free agency and get a winning season... everyone is happy.

Here's what I know about the Bills at this current moment:

1) We believe that Insanity is the only way to go with our coaching and front office. Let's keep the same people with horrible track records and expect different results.

Can't argue with that.

2) We have one of the highest paid Defensive Lines in the NFL, but have seen numerous interviews with the coaches, and even the players on the Defensive Line, talk about how they need to improve their talent to generate a better pass rush. That's like Obama saying someone really needs to start running this country soon. Yet, we still plan on retaining all the people who can't do the job and continue to pay them regardless.

See #1

3) Our Offensive Line was pathetic in Run Blocking, and adequate in Pass Block. So, recognizing this as a place of need, we either cut the entire line or let them walk in FA, keeping only the guy who is so disgruntled that he may or may not re-sign with us....assuming we will even pony up the money he probably wants. We also cut a guy who had trade value and other teams wanted. I know we don't know the whole story with this, but we just ate a dude's massive contract and got nothing in return. Was he so horrible he was worse than our alternative of...oh wait, we have no alternative right now. Also, the best lineman out there, Brown, isn't even made a push for. The guy can play C or G, is known for his great push, and nothing. What, we didn't want to spent the extra 3-4 mil a year we'll save on someone else for a guy who has proven what he can do on a team who lived on rushing the ball? And who do we target, guys who played back-up for other teams so that we can save some bank and hope it works out. Right now, it looks like the Bills are banking the safety of our QB and our entire running game on the potential of current back-ups and the NFL draft. Awesome!!!

Maybe they think they can bring back Kirk Chambers, Duke Preston, re-sign Peters...with Butler and Walker? sh---y idea if that's their plan.

4) We have been begging for a TE for how long? The fact that we aren't even having discussions with the Texans or the Browns is sickening to me. The price tag is too high you say? What about all the people who have us taking a TE in the first round? Pettigrew is a headcase with no speed. I'd take established talent over that any day. Winslow went for a second and a late rounder next year. I'll make you a deal. Draft the best TE available in your mind with both those picks, and I guarantee you that they don't equal half the production Winslow does.

Dunno what to say? We've needed help at Tight End for a long time.

5) Who exactly is our Qb? Trent, play like an MVP one second, scared like a child the next...if I can stay healthy that is. Trent has never finished a season healthy. Period. So who do we bring in? I think this description sums it up best:

"There was talk of the Bills possibly bringing in a veteran to challenge Trent Edwards, but this signing puts an end to that talk. The noodle-armed Fitzpatrick is 100 percent backup material and is no threat to Edwards' job."

Mauron seems to think he can get a QB to just "manage" the game and not turn the ball over. Problem is, you have to have a kick ass defense to even have a chance of that...so no.

So great, we are now officially putting all our eggs in the Edwards basket and hoping the DJ can motivate him with strong words to push himself. Cause we know who he won't be looking over his shoulder at.

6) Why are we looking at runningbacks? Are we cutting someone I don't know about? How often did anyone touch the ball besides Lynch and Jackson? What is the waste of time here? All this did was remind us that every player out there would rather take less money, which is all that we even offer, than play with us.

7) Coles. Are you kidding me. A headcase minus the talent. We had him at RB and called him McGahee. This guy isn't half of what he thinks he is and just pisses off everyone he plays with. And honestly, is this really a need? Of everything, we just paid Evans, Reed has proven himself a decent slot guy, and Jenkins and Johnson showed good promise. In any case, unless you are looking at Boldin, stop this crap.

Gotta disagree with you here. Coles is much better than anyone the Bills have. With him opposite Evans opposing teams will have to respect them both or pay the price. I'd be a little more enthused about the offense if we could land him, but I certainly don't expect it.

8) I like Poz and Mitchell. You want to run a Tampa 2, you need a third. There are crazy LB's out there and we aren't even talking to any of them. This isn't a huge deal to me, but still.

It bothers me that we aren't even interested in LB's like Bart Scott...I like Keith Ellison and all but this is the NFL and the Bills could do much better.

9) What the hell are we saving our money for? Do we not have it? Who are we expecting to sign? Every single person we are looking at may command 3-4 mil a year. We have almost 30 mil to spend.

No f-cking clue.

10) Is anyone in the draft outside the top 5 not looking like a risk at this point. Yet it seems we are banking a lot on this.

I've come to the conclusion that, while RW has been warning us of this, we have become the Pittsburgh Pirates. We are the minor league system of the rest of the league. There is absolutely no reason to get excited about next year. We easily had the money and picks to acquire Jason Brown, Kellen Winslow, Bart Scott, retain Greer and get a few others still out there.

Sorry about this, and if you've held on this long, thank you for letting me get it out. I am more tore up about this team than even I realized. They are just killing me no matter how much I try to not let it get to me. I feel like a kid who forgot his own birthday. I'm usually brimming with optimism right now and waiting impatiently for the draft. And now, there is nothing this team can do to get me excited, which is exactly what needed to be done for everyone.

We blew a 5-1 lead and still kept the coach while our owner tells us that we need more money. Ralph, what reason do we have to give you anything? What are you offering us to buy? Tickets to see a team with an unstable QB, an overpaid D-Line with no pash rush, and a team with the intensity of Jello who, no matter how good they may seem, will always fold to the Pats. The only thing you could have done Ralph, after keeping DJ, was spend some money, not stupidly like Snyder, bring in some guys that can get us excited and build something on paper so awesome that we would have to give you a chance. Cause sorry, the draft isn't going to cut it this year. And yes, the players were available either through trade or FA, you're just comfortable listening to DJ.

Believe what you want, we are officially one of the bottom 2 teams in the league. Record aside, all the other teams are doing everything in their power to get things going. Sorry Lions, you went 0-16 so you are with us.

Thank you again for letting me do this. Flame away.

I feel you.

I feel you.

Me, too. I'll always love this team and am a Bills fan for life, but it's getting really hard to get excited about this franchise and all of the bone-headed moves they're making right now. It's making "Major League"'s plot line look like it could become reality here unless they start making some good moves to improve here. I mean it's fine to cut Dockery and Royal if you have a plan to get better at those two spots, but it looks like their plan is to replace a decent, but contract underperforming, player at G with someone else's marginal starter/backup (didn't the Tutan Reyes, Marvin Fowler experiments teach us ANYTHING!) and do Lord knows what at TE. Two steps back? The only thing this team had going for it in the offseason this year was that we were losing few starters from last year--Greer and Fowler/Preston--so we could presumably use this offseason to upgrade. Well that went out the window in day one it looks like, considering we now have at least 4-5 positions to fill (C, G, TE, OLB and I'd add WR--I'm giving them credit for Leodis, Youboty and Corner manning the CB spots adequately) and can only count on at most 2 of those to be filled via the draft, leaving 2-3 to be upgraded in FA, yet they've done jack squat so far and that looks like their plan--jack squat.