Let's just be fair about this already

Cornerville

Miami: A city and a region that players covet to play in; plus Parcells is there running the show, and even without the Tuna, South Florida is always an attractive option for a NFL player with loads of cash

New England: Well run ship, top facilities, nice region, strong ownership, they will always get what they need.

NY Jets: Get used to this as we get back to an uncapped league, New York will have a new stadium, which mwans more $, and the lure of playing in the Big Apple is always one players will like.

I love Western New York, and I am not starting this as a hate fest towards the region.

But let's be fair here: With millions, I can think of 20+ NFL markets I would rather play in then Buffalo.

We just have to face reality: Like baseball, basketball and hockey, there are just places that will NOT land the big fish.

You think Lebron James would consider Milwaukee or Memphis even if they had loads of cap room? Not a chance!!!

Forget Free Agency, don't even worry the elite UFA's: We are not even sniffing any of these guys.

Just pray the Bills FO can master the draft and hire the right coaches to get the job done.

Hey LB, I think that you got some pretty rude and unnecessary responses to your post. Regardless if the issue has been talked about a lot or not, it's a sad fact that Buffalo is probably a highly undesirable destination for FA's. It doesn't make someone a troll or less of a fan for pointing it out. You are dealing with millionaire athletes that have a major relocation decision to make.

When you fly into Buffalo in February, you might as well be landing in Moscow. The city is notorious for its bad weather and as much as people hated him for it, McGahee was right about the lack of 5 star restaurants and night clubs.

I would think that Buffalo would be a hard sell for both a bachelor or a family man. Of the 32 NFL cities, which ones can Buffalo look down its nose at? I can think of one, Detroit, and they have a state-of-the-art stadium.

Miami: A city and a region that players covet to play in; plus Parcells is there running the show, and even without the Tuna, South Florida is always an attractive option for a NFL player with loads of cash

New England: Well run ship, top facilities, nice region, strong ownership, they will always get what they need.

NY Jets: Get used to this as we get back to an uncapped league, New York will have a new stadium, which mwans more $, and the lure of playing in the Big Apple is always one players will like.

I love Western New York, and I am not starting this as a hate fest towards the region.

But let's be fair here: With millions, I can think of 20+ NFL markets I would rather play in then Buffalo.

We just have to face reality: Like baseball, basketball and hockey, there are just places that will NOT land the big fish.

You think Lebron James would consider Milwaukee or Memphis even if they had loads of cap room? Not a chance!!!

Forget Free Agency, don't even worry the elite UFA's: We are not even sniffing any of these guys.

Just pray the Bills FO can master the draft and hire the right coaches to get the job done.

I think that your point is valid but isn't it the responsibility of the FO to sell the region, the franchise and the history behind both of them?

This is a proud franchise with an amazing history and a loyal fanbase that has been enduring a very long drought in hopes that someone will come here and help us get back to where we once were... Buffalo bleeds for the Bills, all OBD needs is someone who can make prospective FAs see that.

Miami is a city of bandwagon a-holes who went to the beach when their team went 1-15 and showed up again when their coach used the wildcat to win games... those aren't fans.

--Fans in Buffalo cheer in subzero weather if you go 3-13 or 13-3

The Jets play second fiddle to the Giants and everyone in NY (or should I say NJ) knows that.

--Be a superstar in Buffalo or a name that no one knows in NYC.

The Pats have newer facilities and have had more recent success but if you're interested in resurrecting a franchise and being a legend (not just a person not named Brady) then you'd go to Buffalo.

LB your completely right on this one. What is the upside of coming here? And please people, don't say the money because there is always gonna be a team to offer a similar amount of money.

Yeah the FO is supposed to sell the city. But what are his selling points going to be?

Great coaches? Nope

A winnning team? Nope

The weather? Nope

The nightlife? Nope

Nice people? Yeah that's a great selling point.

I love this team but we have to face the facts. We all love this team because we grew up with them.

I mean c'mon our city is known for a side order to the rest of the United States.

And I'm sure you will say "then why don't you leave?"

I don't leave because I do like it here and I do like the people. But for a free agent those aren't factors.

BTW, Florida has no income tax, so that's a major advantage the have. A $6M/tr deal in both places results in more money in a player's pocket in Florida.

If I were a non-native WNY and was picking based on what I saw, I'd take the Dolphins over the Bills if the contracts were the same because it puts more money in my pocket and right now puts me on a better team. All the other factors, weather, big city, etc. are merely icing on the cake.

There is thin commonly myopic homerism on this site that everyone thinks that because they live here or buy tickets or love WNY, that any player not having the same warm and fuzzy somehow is greedy or doesn't get it.

We're a third tier city with major economic and population decline. The team is consistently medicore and outwardly seems non-commited to anything but lining RWS pocket with profit and there are question about where the team might be in the very near future. What's to like if you're a free agent?

Oh and another thing: I do not come on here for hours and hours of a day and read posts over and over again. I apologize if my rant was played out already.

And the irony of you telling me to get a life! :D:angry::wallbash:

Yeah I'm sure you have other things in life. Are you sure you know what "irony" means? Skooby is waiting for you.

Dude, it's a discussion board, just because you have already discussed this issue (and apparently have all the answers I guess) doesn't mean others can't talk about it. You are free to skip over this thread move along to another one about how great of a team we have and what route the players should take in our next Superbowl parade.

Where did it say I have all the answers "dude?" I'll say how I feel about this type of post and if you don't like it then SKIP over it ok? Like whatever.