Will we ever see progress?

C-zone Umpa

I know it is only 16 hours into FA period but I must say I am quite disheartened with what the Bills are doing right now!!

It is unamimous as to what our needs are; center, D-line, another reciever, another O-lineman, & TE (not in that particular order, everyone has a different desire as to what they wanna see happen) So why are the Bills entertaining players in position as running back and backup QB??? It is kind of insulting

I go back to the last few weeks of the season to the uproar over Dick Jauron's retainment as head coach...Ralph made his decision, Dick took responsibility and assured us all of our needs would be met.....well are they really being met?

Coles, in my opinion, is not a fit here especially for the money he is gonna want. Why in God's green earth is are the Bills talking to the likes of Fred Taylor? Even considering Marshawyn's legal trespasses we had the best dual back tandem in the league last year. I am 100% confident that Freddy can carry the load through Lynch's potential suspension.

Fitzpatrick??? Why now? deal with the backup later.......the talent is out there now for the positions we NEED NOW!!! I appreciate depth at the QB position and Hamdan is there and officially JP is still here. DEAL WITH IT LATER. Pull Testeverde out of retirement in the stretch if need be.

OK..............a guard is in town...and a backup guard on from Denver on Fri. This is baffling...again we were promised our ailments would be tended to. Jason Peters is a priority, whether it be a trade deal of signing before a hold out. Why the F&^* has this not been even mentioned???

I am just an everyday schmuck, I am no NFL scout, or agent, or team exec but I see this as the perpetuated smoke screen the Bills throw at the best fans in the league.....but like Pavlov's dog we all come running to the dish when that bell is rung. I cannot shake the feeling that we are being run through the gamet just to be heartbroken in December again.

I just pray that we are all in for a late Xmas gift.

Fitzpatrick??? Why now? deal with the backup later.......the talent is out there now for the positions we NEED NOW!!! I appreciate depth at the QB position and Hamdan is there and officially JP is still here. DEAL WITH IT LATER. Pull Testeverde out of retirement in the stretch if need be.

no positions are needed right now, not the until the season starts.

For a team desperate as the Bills, I would have thought a move would have been made by now. I mean the fan base is shrinking hour by hour with no moves made. The players are out there to make the team better, we have the money, why no moves yet?

They have a long ways to go to mend the relationship with its fan. Honestly I would have thought a major move would have been made first few hours of FA. But to wait almost an entire day. I dont get it. I know the patience game better then anyone out there. But show some signs of wanting to make the team better. I dont think we can use these so called visits as signs either.......

Show me something....something! Show me they had an offer for Haynesworth, show me they tried to get TJ H-14 in here, show me they tried to make a trade for Winslow......show me something for crying out loud. Id rather FAIL trying then to fail trying at all.....

geezus, how many doom and gloom, the sky is falling, threads do we need...its the freaking first day of FA and we have more guys visiting us than most teams.

1. 80% of what goes on in FA will NOT be reported in the media. Teams constantly inquire about players, but just because you dont see it in the media as a rumor you think they are doing nothing. Many teams called on Haynesworth, the only teams mentioned though were Titans and Washington...doesnt mean we didnt inquire either.

2. Backup QB is a huge need for us, and there are very FEW quality QB's out there for us right now.

3. The fact YOU dont see Coles as a good fit here means nothing. You cant say we are not doing anything because of your arm chair QB analysis of that player. I assure you, the FO knows more about football than you and if they brought him in its because he fits what they are looking to do. Most analysts commenting on Coles visit seem to think he would be a great fit.

4. For a player to come in for a visit he has to be available to do so...its the first day in FA, if his agent sent him to another team today, then we have to wait until another day for him to come in here. Jason Brown is in St. Louis, so how is he supposed to be here too?

geezus, how many doom and gloom, the sky is falling, threads do we need...its the freaking first day of FA and we have more guys visiting us than most teams.

1. 80% of what goes on in FA will NOT be reported in the media. Teams constantly inquire about players, but just because you dont see it in the media as a rumor you think they are doing nothing. Many teams called on Haynesworth, the only teams mentioned though were Titans and Washington...doesnt mean we didnt inquire either.

2. Backup QB is a huge need for us, and there are very FEW quality QB's out there for us right now.

3. The fact YOU dont see Coles as a good fit here means nothing. You cant say we are not doing anything because of your arm chair QB analysis of that player. I assure you, the FO knows more about football than you and if they brought him in its because he fits what they are looking to do. Most analysts commenting on Coles visit seem to think he would be a great fit.

4. For a player to come in for a visit he has to be available to do so...its the first day in FA, if his agent sent him to another team today, then we have to wait until another day for him to come in here. Jason Brown is in St. Louis, so how is he supposed to be here too?

All good points. Rome wasn't built in a day...life is a marathon not a sprint.

The specific problem is that there is a real sense of urgency that the Bills have messed up so often in the distant and recent past that we are running out of time now with Ralph's mortality and the sense that we will lose this team to another city.

I agree with you Alpha but Bills Nation, for better or worse is not predisposed to being patient.

Rome was not built in a day, you are correct about that......but at least the foundation was built with some walls to hold things together....which is something this organization still dont have......

Defense sucks, Offense sucks, Coaching sucks......shall I go on.

I agree, if this idiotic front office thinks Taylor and Coles are the "big" names the fans would fall in love with, they are so much further away from reality than I thought (and I thought that would be impossible).

I could not give a crap if we get Coles or not.....let him go to Miami

I'm a harsh critic of this organization. But even this is too much. Who precisely did you want them to sign? Haynesworth, Houshmandzadeh? Because if you're waiting for those guys it's going to be awhile, as in forever.

I wouldn't mind Coles. He'd infuse some needed dependability at #2WR as soon as the ink on his contract dries.

There just aren't any UFA's out there who'll sign for less and play at an All-Pro level. If you're going to complain, give me precisely what you'd do to address their issues.

no positions are needed right now, not the until the season starts.

I disagree.....the true talent in FA is only "available" the first wknd. That is why the first wknd is such a scramble.

They got a center----cool...a versatile lineman....now lets see if the next 24 hrs is to prove what we were promised in December.

Rome was not built in a day, you are correct about that......but at least the foundation was built with some walls to hold things together....which is something this organization still dont have......

your constant bitching is getting annoying.

we have a foundation of players you jack-ass.

edwards

lynch

jackson

evans

reed

peters

schobel

stroud

posluzny

mitchell

mcgee

mckelvin

whitner

parrish

moorman

thats a lot of quality talent right there. there is a reason that our players and coaches/front office are in the nfl and you are not. they know what they are doing. things take time. it has NEVER worked for us to jump the gun.

jason whittle was an awesome signing at midnight a couple years ago, wasn't he?

don't forget to change your tampon. you marauder, you!

Coles, in my opinion, is not a fit here especially for the money he is gonna want. Why in God's green earth is are the Bills talking to the likes of Fred Taylor? Even considering Marshawyn's legal trespasses we had the best dual back tandem in the league last year. I am 100% confident that Freddy can carry the load through Lynch's potential suspension.

Another thought on a waste of time with Taylor. It was reported that he was visiting the Pats & Bills. Did they really think they had a chance against the best run organization and most successful team?? I would think it would have to be a player 100% after the money and the Bills offering twice as much as the Pats to have a chance.

edwards - Cant stay helthy

lynch - Cant stay out ouf trouble

jackson - I agree with you

evans - I agree, but feel sorry for him for staying

reed - Finally had a decent year

peters - Will hold out and force a trade

schobel - LOL

stroud - So so

posluzny - Has bricks tied to his feet when chasing or covering someone

mitchell - See Poz, although can blitz well, led the team in sacks I think

mcgee - Everyone wants to trade him.......

mckelvin - I agree

whitner - LOL, whats he done since he has been here? Writes checks his rearend cant cash!

parrish - no good at WR, special teams player only

moorman - Great Punter!

thats a lot of quality talent right there. there is a reason that our players and coaches/front office are in the nfl and you are not. they know what they are doing. things take time. it has NEVER worked for us to jump the gun.

Things do take time but 10 years?

And off that list maybe 3 or 4 of them are foundation type players.....the rest are bums!

And off that list maybe 3 or 4 of them are foundation type players.....the rest are bums!

I'll agree that Edwards has the potential to be a true foundational point. Lynch, Jackson, McKelvin are in the same boat. What gets discouraging is that I'm willing to bet that at leat two of those four names won't be on our roster in 4 years. Look at our turnover when players have produced.

Evans - True Standout

Reed - Role player, but at times is the hear and soul of the team on the field. Excellent at blocking and does his job to the best of his abilities. He's a great team player, no doubt... but not the talent that you try to build around.

Poz will improve with as the DL in front of him improves.

Most of the rest are merely solid NFL players, that if they weren't on the Bills you wouldn't consider to be the "foundations" of their respective teams.

If you're considering all of these to be the foundation of this team, we've built a team for mediocrity. Who on that list stands out as a field general? Who are you semi-comfortable relying on when the game is on the line?

I've tried to be as optimistic as possible, but unless we catch lightning in a bottle over multiple consecutive drafts we're not going to be contenders in this league.

Defense ranked 14th last year...mediocre maybe but definitely not at "suck" level...personally given the talent I didn't think they did so bad.

edwards

lynch

jackson

evans

reed

peters

schobel

stroud

posluzny

mitchell

mcgee

mckelvin

whitner

parrish

moorman

Marauder,

Kudos to you for taking the high road and not getting into a name calling situation which you could have done. There was no reason for Shnooks to call you a jackass or to make tampon remarks.

We need more people to not make things personal here. Good job this time buddy.