The Predictable Part Of Free Agency So Far

BuffaloBaumer

And they are all better than the Bills to begin with. Will the Bills make some moves? Yes, but it is just so par for the course the way this organization works. Would it really hurt to at least get a look at the top receiver, guard or center?

Yes, I know that Buffalo is not attractive to most players but come on, overpay for someone who has proven their worth in the NFL already. This team has ZERO playmakers..ZERO. If they are going to crap it up again during the season, let's get a little excitement before it starts.

Haven't you been paying attention??? The Bills have made two moves already. They cut Dockery and Royal. Filling the holes is another story in itself, and will probably take place once all the top tier players are gone. Dumpster diving is the Bills specialty. :rolleyes:

And they are all better than the Bills to begin with. Will the Bills make some moves? Yes, but it is just so par for the course the way this organization works. Would it really hurt to at least get a look at the top receiver, guard or center?

Yes, I know that Buffalo is not attractive to most players but come on, overpay for someone who has proven their worth in the NFL already. This team has ZERO playmakers..ZERO. If they are going to crap it up again during the season, let's get a little excitement before it starts.

I agree. This is pathetic. They can't compete on the field or off it.

I wouldn't say they have ZERO playmakers. I'd say Evans and Lynch and to a lesser extent Jackson are playmakers. On defense Mitchell,Mcgee and Greer have all had their moments. Mccelvin and Poz show promise. What we need is MORE playmakers.

Ralph is cheap when it comes to paying coaches, scouts, GM's, directors of player personal, assistant coaches, whatever ross Brandon does. However Ralph pays players about what most teams pay, sure hes not Daniel Snyder or Bob Kraft, but niether are 29 other owners. This team signs free agents, even Big name free agents- they're just not good when they get here. Maybe if he would pay the previous better he could pay the latter less and get better results.

We have fans over-reacting like this every year. Case in point, last year everyone was whining until they up and signed Kawika Mitchell mid-afternoon. And then we traded for Stroud. And everyone was happy.

Just chill out.

I suppose my point is that unless you go after a PROVEN commodity, the Bills will fail. They have absolutely nobody in the front office who does a good job at evaluating talent. Their only hope is is to land a big PROVEN name when it comes to FA.

Does that mean over spending? Yes, but unfortunately Buffalo will always have to do that.