I would keep an eye on TE Todd Heap and his contract.

Tipster19

I was looking at his contract numbers and also watched his role diminished last year and the two just don't add up. I'm not sure if he can become available thru a trade or become expendable after the draft but he would an ideal player for us, especially if we land up with QB Kyle Boller as a back-up QB.

Check out Heap's contract numbers. On 6/15/2005 he signed a six-year, $30 million contract. The deal included an $11 million signing bonus and another $2.27 million "signing bonus" in the fourth year. 2009: $3.6 million, 2010: $4 million, 2011: $4.6 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charges: $6.367 million (2009), $6.767 million (2010), $7.367 million (2011). That fourth year signing bonus sure makes him one expensive TE for 2009.

Wouldn't that be a shocker :thumbsup:

Good digging Tipster :doh:

Thanks Reed83Evans. It's pretty interesting how the Ravens do their contracts with the major players. They have a split-tier signing bonuses. Example being that Heap's split-tier signing bonus gives him $4 million upon signing his contract and then he is also set to receive $7 million in a 2006 roster bonus. That sure is a lot jing for a TE!

Thanks Reed83Evans. It's pretty interesting how the Ravens do their contracts with the major players. They have a split-tier signing bonuses. Example being that Heap's split-tier signing bonus gives him $4 million upon signing his contract and then he is also set to receive $7 million in a 2006 roster bonus. That sure is a lot jing for a TE!

That is a lot of coin for a team that already has holes and is going to have a few much LARGER holes to fill

13 - 3 in '06, 5 - 11 in '07, 11 - 5 in '08.

The D play great last year, their offense is still a joke...Although Flacco is decent and could turnout pretty good

Let's see they Lost Scott, Lewis, Brown, McAllister & Leonhard...Am just saying that is a lot of $$ to have tied up in one position with a ton of big holes to fill on D