A new job opportunity for Roger Clemens?

buckeyemike

This was posted on a minor league baseball blog a while back, but with the grand jury in full investigative mode, I think it's relevant. Plus, it's very funny:

In a move reminiscent of the Toledo Mud Hens' recent contract offer to Alex Rodriguez, the Huntsville Stars of the Class AA Southern League have extended an employment opportunity to beleaguered Congressional testifier Roger Clemens.

No, the Stars do not wish to have Clemens take the mound for them. That would be ridiculous.

Rather, the North Alabama aerospace-themed franchise believes that as "The Rocket", Clemens would make a perfect mascot.

"If he accepts the offer, Clemens, as 'Rocket', will dress as an astronaut and simply interact with fans and assist with on-field promotions during our team's 70-game home schedule when the primary mascot, Homer the Polecat, is not available," read the team's press release.

But the press release includes far more than that, of course, including a personal letter to Clemens that reads in part:

"Although the position isn't the most lucrative in Minor League Baseball, we guarantee that you'll have the most fun of any team with which you've been employed. In addition to your $25 per game, you will receive meal vouchers redeemable at the concession stand for one hot dog and one soft drink each night, and a 15% employee discount at our team's souvenir store."

The Huntsville Stars just may be my new favorite minor league team. :thumbsup::lol:

EDIT: Even better, I just found out the name of the Stars' GM...Buck Rogers. No, I'm not kidding.