Gibril Wilson Signs With the Dolphins

H2o

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/...he-gibril-deal/

They beat us twice last season, went from worst to first, snatched Cam Wake from our clutches, re-signed Channing Crowder, have now signed Gibril Wilson, and have to be considered as the front runner for Lavernaus Coles. They just keep making really good moves. This all really makes me feel like we have a sub-par organization at the moment.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/...he-gibril-deal/

They beat us twice last season, went from worst to first, snatched Cam Wake from our clutches, re-signed Channing Crowder, have now signed Gibril Wilson, and have to be considered as the front runner for Lavernaus Coles. They just keep making really good moves. This all really makes me feel like we have a sub-par organization at the moment.

Is Wilson even good? Crowder is the definition of an average LB. People hate on Poz here, but Crowder has put up the same #s throughout his career. He's not a playmaker. And we all know how deadly that Pennington-Coles combo was during the Jets 4-12 season. And you're really crying about a former CFLer? Get a grip man.

Is Wilson even good? Crowder is the definition of an average LB. People hate on Poz here, but Crowder has put up the same #s throughout his career. He's not a playmaker. And we all know how deadly that Pennington-Coles combo was during the Jets 4-12 season. And you're really crying about a former CFLer? Get a grip man.

Yeah, but Parcells signed him so......

And they were AFC East division champs last year while we were 7-9, again, versus basically the exact same competition. Oh yeah, and they beat us twice. There were many people on this board talking about signing Crowder, Wilson is a GOOD S, and Cam Wake would've gotten more sacks than anyone on our team last year if he was playing for us instead of in the CFL. I'm just stating the case of an organization that is CLEARY IMPROVING versus one that's just kind of floating in space.

About Wilson, I can't comment, because I don't follow the Raiders, I heard a couple of great things about him, but being a FA tend to do that. Every player is great.

About Crowder, I can't remember a single play he made against us. Positive or negative. He's must be a steady, solid player, but hardly spectacular.

Exactly. A lot of people around here get on their knees after every move Bill Parcells makes. To these people: Did you watch Gibril Wilson play at all last season? He is a very average at best safety in this league. He has terrible ball skills IMO, and missed a ton of tackles in games that I watched last year, which was supposed to be his strength. If you're not good enough to play safety for Oakland, amidst Michael Huff being a bust, then something is obviously very wrong with your game. And you are right on with Crowder, Biscuit. I sometimes think that maybe since he has a kind of cool name and hair, and looks like an NFL linebacker, that people mistake him for a good one. That he is not. He is also a very average player at his position. Yet, Parcells likes him so he must be a Pro Bowl-caliber like Wilson. Spare me.

About Crowder, I can't remember a single play he made against us. Positive or negative. He's must be a steady, solid player, but hardly spectacular.

Pretty fair assessment. He's solid, but not a difference maker. In 4 years, the only game changing / saving play I saw him make was stopping LT on the goal line early this season. I think his biggest value is he has some leadership skills.