Be prepared to be disappointed this free agency period.

Justice

Actions speak louder than words and we'll soon see if it's more of the same or if Ralph is going to make a commitment to fielding a team that even Dick Jauron can't screw up.

Do you have any idea of the scope of that statement? That's like putting Dickie the J in a room full of rakes and expecting him NOT to step on one.

Or two or sixteen.....

After giving it some thought I believe the Bills will once again disappoint us Bills fans this free agency period. Greer will not be re-signed and Freddie Jackson and Jason Peters will have nasty holdouts and the Bills will not sign any marque free agents.

Instead, the Bills FO will once again pretend to be going after free agents by hosting a plethora of FA's and RFA's. They will offer deals to players knowing darn well that their offers won't be good enough to sign them to make it appear as though they are actually trying to sign FA's, just like they did a couple of seasons ago when they wasted time offering deals to FA's such as Reggie Wells, Floyd Womack and Israel Idonije.

I know I'll get flamed for this and be accused of being a bad fan or a negative fan but I like to think that I'm a realist and by now I know how things work over at OBD. At least I won't be disappointed. My expectations are very low.

Look for your usual "B" list of players that get overpaid to come here. Our only hope this off-season is the draft.

Flame away.

These posts are getting tiresome...Seems like just about every offseason the Bills make some big moves and yet every year the whiners come out and say we never do. Gets so old. Wilson has spent big money on players, and people complain he doesnt. Let me remind you of some of the bigger offseason moves we have done that created excitement just to be forgotten as if we never make moves. Not saying they all worked out, but thats not the debate. The cries are that our off seasons are dissapointing with no moves...

Last year we went out and got Stroud and Mitchell and extended Evans (pretty big off season, and we drafted McKelvin)

Also these occured in recent years...

Trade for Bledsoe

Trade Peerless to get a first round pick back

Traded up to get a QB of the future in JP

Signed Dockery and Walker

Moved McGahee to get more picks

Brought in Takeo

Drafted Lynch

I mean, we have been doing things each off season just about that creates buzz and excitement...do they all work out, NO, but that doesnt mean our FO hasnt been looking to improve and spending money...

After giving it some thought I believe the Bills will once again disappoint us Bills fans this free agency period. Greer will not be re-signed and Freddie Jackson and Jason Peters will have nasty holdouts and the Bills will not sign any marque free agents.

Instead, the Bills FO will once again pretend to be going after free agents by hosting a plethora of FA's and RFA's. They will offer deals to players knowing darn well that their offers won't be good enough to sign them to make it appear as though they are actually trying to sign FA's, just like they did a couple of seasons ago when they wasted time offering deals to FA's such as Reggie Wells, Floyd Womack and Israel Idonije.

I know I'll get flamed for this and be accused of being a bad fan or a negative fan but I like to think that I'm a realist and by now I know how things work over at OBD. At least I won't be disappointed. My expectations are very low.

Look for your usual "B" list of players that get overpaid to come here. Our only hope this off-season is the draft.

Flame away.

The Bills have tended to play the FA very cautiously. They may bring in one or two decent-to-good players, but generally if they can be had at a reasonable price. There have been exceptions, however. I would be surprised to see Ralph break the bank at this stage.

I still think a good HC would have had this team in the playoffs last season and would again, this season. My expectations are tempered because of Dickie the J, not because of the players per se. I don't know why anyone would expect something radically different after three consecutive 7 & 9's.

b.harami98:

I agree with your comments, adding to it, this free agent class is piss poor.

John Guy's track record at bringing in free agents has been terrible, and he should have been canned a long time ago.

But i'll hold out hope that "even a broken clock is right twice a day".

Just looking at the odds, with all the busters we have signed in free agency over the last several years, we are due to hit on a few of them.

These posts are getting tiresome...Seems like just about every offseason the Bills make some big moves and yet every year the whiners come out and say we never do. Gets so old. Wilson has spent big money on players, and people complain he doesnt. Let me remind you of some of the bigger offseason moves we have done that created excitement just to be forgotten as if we never make moves. Not saying they all worked out, but thats not the debate. The cries are that our off seasons are dissapointing with no moves...

Last year we went out and got Stroud and Mitchell and extended Evans (pretty big off season, and we drafted McKelvin)

Trade for Bledsoe

Brought in Takeo

Drafted Lynch

I mean, we have been doing things each off season just about that creates buzz and excitement...do they all work out, NO, but that doesnt mean our FO hasnt been looking to improve and spending money...

:lol: People are so dumb, IMO, when they criticize the FO for being cheap and not doing anything to win.

It's like a bunch of children on Christmas Eve complaining about the crappy gifts they're gonna get.

I really can't believe that people can't set it aside for a short while and actually try to enjoy it. It's free agency. It's supposed to be fun, right?

Pathetic.

:lol:

If they sign Saturday or Brown it will be a successful FA period for Buffalo alone. There are slim pickens this offseason and C is the Biggest need. Maybe they'll be able to swing a trade again. :thumbsup:

Please, don't let facts get in the way of someone being a whiny B word.

Trade for Bledsoe

Brought in Takeo

Drafted Lynch

This off season I actually think that we are going to make a splash and fill some holes with solid some solid pick ups with at least one big surprise. Just thinking of last season's rollercoaster as well as Ralph being inducted into the HOF and his comments about talent leads me to believe that he will open the pocket book.

:nana:

Of course this team always finds new and inventive ways to disappoint me :w00t:

I wanna fell the same way for those reasons. But I'm torn. If Ralph was willing to open his pocket book he would have cut that Jackknob Jauron.

Please, don't let facts get in the way of someone being a whiny B word.

7-9

7-9

7-9

No playoffs for 10 years.

Poor drafts.

Ill-advised free agent signings.

Those are facts. Don't let that get in the way of your delusion.

7-9

7-9

7-9

No playoffs for 10 years.

Poor drafts.

Ill-advised free agent signings.

Those are facts. Don't let that get in the way of your delusion.

HA HA!!!!! Facts are a B word, ain't they???

because DJ isn't talent. he is the coach. so when he says we need talent, that means he thinks the talent is the problem, not the coaching.

What would you say that says about Mr. Wilson's assessment of a HC with 7 out of 8 losing seasons? Or his Front Office's ability to sign talented players? If this really IS a talent issue (and I haven't taken a seat on THAT particular bus), then it would seem to me the REAL problem is the people assessing and signing less-than-talented players. I still maintain that a good HC would have had this team in the playoffs last season and would again, this upcoming season.