Be prepared to be disappointed this free agency period.

Justice

After giving it some thought I believe the Bills will once again disappoint us Bills fans this free agency period. Greer will not be re-signed and Freddie Jackson and Jason Peters will have nasty holdouts and the Bills will not sign any marque free agents.

Instead, the Bills FO will once again pretend to be going after free agents by hosting a plethora of FA's and RFA's. They will offer deals to players knowing darn well that their offers won't be good enough to sign them to make it appear as though they are actually trying to sign FA's, just like they did a couple of seasons ago when they wasted time offering deals to FA's such as Reggie Wells, Floyd Womack and Israel Idonije.

I know I'll get flamed for this and be accused of being a bad fan or a negative fan but I like to think that I'm a realist and by now I know how things work over at OBD. At least I won't be disappointed. My expectations are very low.

Look for your usual "B" list of players that get overpaid to come here. Our only hope this off-season is the draft.

Flame away.

After giving it some thought I believe the Bills will once again disappoint us Bills fans this free agency period. Greer will not be re-signed and Freddie Jackson and Jason Peters will have nasty holdouts and the Bills will not sign any marque free agents.

Instead, the Bills FO will once again pretend to be going after free agents by hosting a plethora of FA's and RFA's. They will offer deals to players knowing darn well that their offers won't be good enough to sign them to make it appear as though they are actually trying to sign FA's, just like they did a couple of seasons ago when they wasted time offering deals to FA's such as Reggie Wells, Floyd Womack and Israel Idonije.

I know I'll get flamed for this and be accused of being a bad fan or a negative fan but I like to think that I'm a realist and by now I know how things work over at OBD. At least I won't be disappointed. My expectations are very low.

Look for your usual "B" list of players that get overpaid to come here. Our only hope this off-season is the draft.

Flame away.

I know it sounds like a broken record but talk of a Fred Jackson hold out is premature...he needed to be tendered by the deadline. Why are they going to negotiate with a guy now when they can just wait til the summer? I'd rather them spend all of their effort on new players and the draft then worry about guys like Peters and Jackson at this point in time. Now if we go into training camp without those issues resolved that's a different story but in the meantime...

I'm ready to be disappointed, although part of me is holding out for at least one solid signing.

I think they're waiting to see what happens with Lynch and how early FA goes before making a move with Freddy.

Just saw that cutting Dock could be an option in TBN this morning, that surprised me but doubt it.

This off season I actually think that we are going to make a splash and fill some holes with solid some solid pick ups with at least one big surprise. Just thinking of last season's rollercoaster as well as Ralph being inducted into the HOF and his comments about talent leads me to believe that he will open the pocket book.

:lol:

Of course this team always finds new and inventive ways to disappoint me :lol:

Not anything that we arent used to is it? As far as Jason Peters holding out, I am over him and his $$ whining. They either need to sign him or trade him, it was a big distraction last year, why go through it again. The Bills are just playing by the rules with Fred Jackson. I hope they keep him, but his case that he needs more money because he has all these kids is irrelevant, if it wasn't, Travis Henry would be the highest paid player in history. I don't expect them to bring in any of the top flight free agents, and not just because they wont pay them, the top players dont want to come here, they want to have a chance to win. This season will be no different, it will start good in August as it has for several seasons over the last 7-8 years with former Bills being inducted into Canton, the a promising training camp with all kinds of hype, then a dissappointing regular season. Like watching reruns on tv.

Flame away.

This year, the economy is going to factor into free agency. We'll see how the this fares, particularly with the second tier free agents. Admittedly, there isn't a lot of depth in FA, given the 14 players who received the franchise tag.

I could see the Bills pursuing RFA's, given their penchant for younger players on the up swing. Truth be told, that's not a bad strategy. I think if they overwhelm a player with a contract hard to match, it could work in their favor but the situation has to be right.

I don't have an issue with this thread. Lately, I've been of the opinion to expect less and hope for the best. Optimism for the sake of optimism hasn't been a good strategy if you're a fan of the Bills.

If they do leave UFA without some help, it places a huge burden on the younger players we hope develop. The team can't be built by UFA alone, but it'd sure go a long way toward helping that young core of players: Edwards, Lynch, Posluszny, Whitner, McKelvin, Hardy. A good veteran QB, WR, to go along with a SLB would open them up to take a DE, C, TE in the draft.

Flame away.

You have to have expectations in order to have disappointment...Try My NEW approach...Expect nothing, or less, and never be disappointed again... :lol:

This off season I actually think that we are going to make a splash and fill some holes with solid some solid pick ups with at least one big surprise. Just thinking of last season's rollercoaster as well as Ralph being inducted into the HOF and his comments about talent leads me to believe that he will open the pocket book.

:lol:

Of course this team always finds new and inventive ways to disappoint me :lol:

Agreed. I appreciate the OP's warning of a likely let down -like we haven't had many of those...- but I'm holding out that Ralph was speaking from the heart that we need major upgrades. Draft is important, but immediate help comes from veteran signings.

Go Bills!

Agreed. I appreciate the OP's warning of a likely let down -like we haven't had many of those...- but I'm holding out that Ralph was speaking from the heart that we need major upgrades. Draft is important, but immediate help comes from veteran signings.

Go Bills!

You have to be kidding me.

Flame away.

Hope for the best always, but also prepare for the worst. I'm excited and have a feeling we'll do some good stuff this offseason, but I also try to stay on an "even kiel" and not let myself get overly excited. I didn't think that we were going to be able to get Stroud last year, but it worked out to my surprise. I was also happy with the Mitchell signing. I figure if we make 3 to 4 good moves in FA or via trade and with a quality draft, our team will be ALOT better. It's a little too early totell as of yet. We'll know more about where the team is headed after the first week of FA. I've also thought that they might try to play the role and say,"We really like who we got and are going to stay with our core group because they were showing improvement towards the end of the year. Trent will be better, the OL will be better. We just have to be patient. Our DL had an off year without Schobel, but him returning healthy should help to change everything. A healthy Schobel and Kelsay will get more pressure on the QB. You'll see."

You have to be kidding me.

That was Ralph's assessment, we don't have the players ( IMO a decent HC would have had this group in the playoffs last season). So he saved a bundle by not eating Dick's premature extension and hiring a real coach. Let's see if he takes that savings and invests it by bringing in some FA's. There is an abundance of talent available and the fastest way to improve is to bring in guys with a track record.

Actions speak louder than words and we'll soon see if it's more of the same or if Ralph is going to make a commitment to fielding a team that even Dick Jauron can't screw up.

Pretty much agreed with everything you said. But with so many players being cut by teams in the last week, I do believe there are 2nd tier free agents who can help us. I certainly don't expect any 50 million dollar offers to anyone.

And why aren't we signing Crowell?