If Kerry wins

He wont get any of his "PLANS" though the Republican house and Senate, at least for the next two years. Course, he could veto almost every piece of legislation that the Repub's put in front of him. Stalemate? Judicial Appointments? Cabinet positions? Supreme Court? Some things to look forward to I guess...............

That's another dis-enheartening aspect to a Kerry presidency...turnabout is fair play. After the crap pulled by the Dims on GW's judicial appointments, you can bet confirmation hearings for JK's nominations will be ugly if not non-existent.

That's the part of the game that finds us in even greater gridlock at each turn. I'd like to think that the Republicans are above that, but...

Thank God. That's at least one reason to hope for a Kerry win. The gov't will have a harder time spending, growing, and expanding than it has under the Republicans.

94549[/snapback]

It is a sad state of affairs, when we root for government gridlock.

Thank God. That's at least one reason to hope for a Kerry win. The gov't will have a harder time spending, growing, and expanding than it has under the Republicans.

94549[/snapback]

That's a double edged sword though. I agree, spending has been an issue with me regarding GW. Spite and venom will roll though our congressional halls like never before. If you thought it was bad during Bush's Presidency, just wait for this one.

If that's what you want, A Kerry presidency will be a looked at as failure.

I don't think that Kerry will make the mistakes that Bush made of going too far to the right and losing the support of moderate Democrats. He will be more moderate like Clinton to get the support of moderate Republicans.

94589[/snapback]

Thats the thing though Joe, Bush didnt necessarily need moderate support to pass some of the legislation he proposed, and got passed. Kerry will need more than moderates to pass any of the costly plans he has in mind. One being the tax hike!

That would be political Suicide for any Republican in the house or Senate. So I dont think that'll happen......

Thats the thing though Joe, Bush didnt necessarily need moderate support to pass some of the legislation he proposed, and got passed. Kerry will need more than moderates to pass any of the costly plans he has in mind. One being the tax hike!

That would be political Suicide for any Republican in the house or Senate. So I dont think that'll happen......

94610[/snapback]

You made a point that I have made previously. Kerry's economic "plans" rely on the tax increase for the "rich." How the hell is he going to get tax increases through a Republican controlled Congress? Being moderate is not going to cut it.

Kerry will need more than moderates to pass any of the costly plans he has in mind. One being the tax hike!

If he does as he's said, and only proposes raiseing it on the top bracket, then I think the Republicans would have a hard time explaining to the middle class and working poor why they won't vote for it when we have deficits. He's also said he would require that new programs be payed for, not just increase the deficit as is currently being done. I'm willing to take the leap of faith.

If he does as he's said, and only proposes raiseing it on the top bracket, then I think the Republicans would have a hard time explaining to the middle class and working poor why they won't vote for it when we have deficits.  He's also said he would require that new programs be payed for, not just increase the deficit as is currently being done.  I'm willing to take the leap of faith.

94624[/snapback]

I think it will be an easy sell to the middle class. Kerry wants to spend more then the tax increases will bring in (thereby INCREASING the deficit). Who is going to make up the difference? Yup, the middle class.

You made a point that I have made previously. Kerry's economic "plans" rely on the tax increase for the "rich." How the hell is he going to get tax increases through a Republican controlled Congress? Being moderate is not going to cut it.

94615[/snapback]

You have, and thats the rub. I think it points to some of the voters lack of a Deep thought when it comes to Kerry's Plans. But yet, its that close because of the lack of a deep thought.

If he is elected, and all his supporters have their hands out waiting for their money, he'll blame the Republicans. But he has a plan for that, right?

I think it will be an easy sell to the middle class. Kerry wants to spend more then the tax increases will bring in (thereby INCREASING the deficit). Who is going to make up the difference? Yup, the middle class.

94630[/snapback]

but....but....but...John Kerry looked directly into the camera during the second debate and said he WOULD NOT raise taxes on the middle class. ;)

but....but....but...John Kerry looked directly into the camera during the second debate and said he WOULD NOT raise taxes on the middle class.    ;)

94647[/snapback]

So, he is going to increase the deficit instead. Nice. :rolleyes:

You have, and thats the rub. I think it points to some of the voters lack of a Deep thought when it comes to Kerry's Plans. But yet, its that close because of the lack of a deep thought.

If he is elected, and all his supporters have their hands out waiting for their money, he'll blame the Republicans. But he has a plan for that, right?

94633[/snapback]

Hell, just look at this board to see the scope of the "lack of deep thought."

It is obvious that he really has no idea what he is going to do. He keeps talking about his "plans" but anyone who actually sits down and thinks about his "plans" realizes that there is no way in hell that they are going to work.

People are latching on to the form over substance that you get with Kerry. He says what the audience wants to hear, and is relying on people not actually thinking about what he says, but just blindly accepting it.

I don't think that Kerry will make the mistakes that Bush made of going too far to the right and losing the support of moderate Democrats. He will be more moderate like Clinton to get the support of moderate Republicans.

94589[/snapback]

No matter how many times that gets repeated, it doesn't sound any more intelligent. Nor does it have a shred of truth to it.