Faith No More

DrDawkinstein

Right now, all they have booked is a European tour...

"Faith No More has always stood out as some sort of unique beast; part dog, part cat--its music almost as schizophrenic as the personalities of its members. When it all worked, it worked really well, even if the chemistry was always volatile. Throughout our 17years of existence, the mental and physical energy required to sustain this creature was considerable and relentless. Though amicable enough, when we finally split, we all followed paths seemingly destined to opposite ends of the universe.

"Yet during the entire 10 years that have passed since our decision to break up we've experienced constant rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting together.

"What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've all decided to sit down together and talk about it. And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and made us realize that through all the hard work, the music still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the fact that we might have actually done something right.

"Meanwhile we find ourselves at a moment in time with zero label obligations, still young and strong enough to deliver a kickass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff... BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!

"We can only hope that the experience of playing together again will yield results erratic and unpredictable enough to live up to the legacy of FNM. Who know where this will end or what it will bring up...only the future knows. But we are about to find out!

"Faith No More are: Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton"

why do you do this to me :lol:

angel dust is a 10/10 album. and i dont toss that term around lightly.

:lol:

Well, at least you didn't give me s#it for my typo.

OK, I may have gone overboard in my assessment, because I have never heard "angel dust", to my knowledge. I saw them a couple of times, when I lived in SF in the 90's, and they were putrid. Given that I probably saw them in 91-ish, and again at a big festival, for a couple of songs, in 93-ish, I'm guessing I missed angel dust stuff the first time, and maybe the second, as well (as I didn't hang around long).

I remember an absolutely horrid version of Sabbath's "War Pigs", though.

But, you have to remember, I'm a relentless music snob...I hate most stuff.

And, for no other reason than to taunt you (in a friendly way, of course), I will link this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv9UM4zis1M

:lol:

Well, at least you didn't give me s#it for my typo.

OK, I may have gone overboard in my assessment, because I have never heard "angel dust", to my knowledge. I saw them a couple of times, when I lived in SF in the 90's, and they were putrid. Given that I probably saw them in 91-ish, and again at a big festival, for a couple of songs, in 93-ish, I'm guessing I missed angel dust stuff the first time, and maybe the second, as well (as I didn't hang around long).

I remember an absolutely horrid version of Sabbath's "War Pigs", though.

But, you have to remember, I'm a relentless music snob...I hate most stuff.

And, for no other reason than to taunt you (in a friendly way, of course), I will link this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv9UM4zis1M

haha, i hear ya dean. seeing them in 91, in their home town, mightve been before they really hit their stride. But I cant say that they were known for their live shows. I only had the chance to see them once and it was around 91-92, when they opened for Metallica and G'n'R at Rich Stadium. I was 12 and there with my cousins and we didnt even get to see them.

Angel Dust was "ahead of it's time" (read: more experimental album). The music still stands today, which i think is the true test of a band. You can play Angel Dust for kids who have just gotten into metal and theyll think it was one of the better albums released this year.

They must have a great sense of humor to do that in public is all I can say.

I get that. But, I'd expect them to do a little something with it, too. That may actually be a wimpier version than Commodores'. I'm guessing they did it as a joke, and/or as has been suggested, an FU to some of their more rabid metal fans.

let's just hope they don't torture any aquatic creatures in videos this time around.....

mike patton has a very unique voice, something on the level with axl rose's distinguished yelp.

i've always liked faith no more...... i only hope they dont go cheese on any new stuff

haha, i hear ya dean. seeing them in 91, in their home town, mightve been before they really hit their stride. But I cant say that they were known for their live shows. I only had the chance to see them once and it was around 91-92, when they opened for Metallica and G'n'R at Rich Stadium. I was 12 and there with my cousins and we didnt even get to see them.

Angel Dust was "ahead of it's time" (read: more experimental album). The music still stands today, which i think is the true test of a band. You can play Angel Dust for kids who have just gotten into metal and theyll think it was one of the better albums released this year.

It does? the only song that I have ever heard played Regularly, that most people have ever heard of, is "Epic", which is one of the gayest songs I have ever heard. I really hope that none of there other songs are similar to it and it was just one of those one off type songs

I love "Epic." Outside of that, "War Pigs" is decent, but those are about it. I saw them on the Metallica/GNR tour in Buffalo and they were aholes.

War Pigs is really a Black Sabbath song that FNM ruins.

Actually it sounds like Sabbath ruins it.

Now you tell me who puts more energy into this song.

Well, I'm really not all that interested in the expended energy...I've seen a lot of energetic garage bands that couldn't play, for s#it...and have you ever seen the energy displayed by an 8 year old...or the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I wouldn't pay to see either.

I think the FNM vid is recorded better, that's for sure...and it is far better than when I saw them. Still, the vocalist is hard to take...I can't deal with his voice or shtick. I'm not crazy about a lot of Ozzy's shtick, either, but I do like his voice.

It does? the only song that I have ever heard played Regularly, that most people have ever heard of, is "Epic", which is one of the gayest songs I have ever heard. I really hope that none of there other songs are similar to it and it was just one of those one off type songs

theyre not and it was. its a real shame that Epic is the only song most people know from these guys.