I havent seen anyone else say this but....do the rest of you

When we look at the undersized DE's putting on weight I keep thinking back to when we took Flowers with a first round pick who became a total bust.....

I think these undersized DE's are actually going to end up being good.....but are some of you wary because of our past pick?

I absolutely am wary of many of these players. It's a combination of the player and how we use the player. I really feel that Maybin and Johnson are prime examples of this. I maybe wrong, but I'm definitely on "buyer beware" mode.

I'd rather make a safer pick in a player like a Curry, Raji, Pettigrew, Mack who for me seem to be "safer" picks. If I had to go DE, I'd rather pick Brown, Orapko or Tyson Jackson over Maybin and Johnson. For that Matter I'd rather pick Larry English over these guys as well.

When we look at the undersized DE's putting on weight I keep thinking back to when we took Flowers with a first round pick who became a total bust.....

I think these undersized DE's are actually going to end up being good.....but are some of you wary because of our past pick?

Definitely. I'd prefer that they stay away from the DE position in R1 altogether. In the last several years, its become one of the most difficult positions for teams to draft effectively, and more often than not, even the 1st rounders have been ordinary or even flops. If one of these guys had been a dominant collegiate player for even two years, it might make it easier, but instead, even the best of the bunch, Orakpo, took until his 5th year at Texas to put it all together. With every single one of them, I really worry that they're just one-year wonders.

I'm not dead set against a DE at 11, but realistically, its not going to help much in '09 and there's a higher than usual probability that a DE will be a bust in the long run.