Patriots lose

BillsNYC

The tape won't do any good if Law and Dillon are back. That's the point.

During the game yesterday the Pats, due to injury, had a RG playing RT, a RT playing LT, a SS playing nickel CB, a 3rd down RB playing RB, no FB, a nickel back playing #1 CB, an undrafted rookie free agent playing #2 CB, and when that undrafted rookie FA went down to injury, a 2nd string backup FS (who is only around because he can play special teams) playing #2 CB.

It doesn't matter how deep or talented a team is, nor does it matter how good a coachign staff is, when you lose so many players all at once as the Pats had happen to them, then personnel issues dictate that you won't win many matchups against a very good team like the Steelers.

Now, against a crappy team like the Bills, the Pats could have overcome these injuries, but the Steelers are too good and too well coached.

94684[/snapback]

The Steelers had injuries too - this was the first game the Steelers played without pro-bowl NT Casey Hampton (their best defensive player) and their most experienced CB (Chad Scott). Not to mention their starting RG was injured in preseason and they are using their 3rd string QB :) .

Great teams are supposed have depth and coaching which can account for and overcome key injuries. You're admitting the Patriots are not one of those teams. But - if the Patriots can stay healthy and injury free the rest of the year you may have a chance!

Seriously - I think its pretty hilarious to see Patriot fans now whining and making excuses about how they would have won if so and so wasn't injured - after being so arrogant for so long about how superior they were to all other teams - in depth/breadth of talent and coaching. Guess maybe your team is a little more ordinary than you thought it was.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As do I when the Patriots win.....quid pro co.

94601[/snapback]

Oh, I realise that:) No worries there. That is why you can call us cupcakes for now since you beat us last time. But in two weeks it's a new game and another shot (for us at least lol)

now you're starting to sound like BF...give it up T-Bone...they got thier asses kicked, end of story.

95226[/snapback]

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to somebody who does know something about football. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

The tape won't do any good if Law and Dillon are back. That's the point.

During the game yesterday the Pats, due to injury, had a RG playing RT, a RT playing LT, a SS playing nickel CB, a 3rd down RB playing RB, no FB, a nickel back playing #1 CB, an undrafted rookie free agent playing #2 CB, and when that undrafted rookie FA went down to injury, a 2nd string backup FS (who is only around because he can play special teams) playing #2 CB.

It doesn't matter how deep or talented a team is, nor does it matter how good a coachign staff is, when you lose so many players all at once as the Pats had happen to them, then personnel issues dictate that you won't win many matchups against a very good team like the Steelers.

Now, against a crappy team like the Bills, the Pats could have overcome these injuries, but the Steelers are too good and too well coached.

94684[/snapback]

Bwhahaha! The Bills lost Troy Vincent, Trey Teague, and Jonas Jennings during the game when they played the Pats, and it still took the closing moments of the 4th quarter and some of the WORST officiating this side of the "just give it to 'em" game for the Pats to escape with a win. And too bad Brady was exposed for being as reliant on his defense and good offensive players around him. You see not everyone believes that the Pats can play any players on offense and expect them to do well, just because Tommy Boy is throwing the football.

But if Law and Dillon were healthy and played, don't you think it would have been a different game?

95220[/snapback]

Not unless you were going to add them to the other 11 guys who had Deuce and the Bus run down their throats and dominate time of possession. Face it, dude, you guys flat out got your asses beat yesterday. No way either Dillon or Law were going to help you. No way.

Yeah the Pats are 6-1, looks like they are clearly out of it the season is over. Maybe the Bills will even overtake us in the standings..........LMAO! Give me a break, Bills fans should be the last to talk about @$$ kickings. You guys have been getting those for the last who kows how many seasons each and every week. Hmmm so maybe you do know a good one when you see it, LMAO!

Pats had neither starting CB's, Dillon and both OT's. That made it a lot harder to beat the Steelers without a doubt.

Just watched the first quarter of the game. It was over when Brady threw that horrible INT that was returned for a TD. Oh and the Steelers got a 1st down before Law got hurt. The game might not have been a blowout if he had played, but the Pats still would have lost with the way Brady was playing. Better pray Dillon and Law come back soon, although given the fact Law left on crutches and Dillon's lingering injuries last year, that's not a given.

But if Law and Dillon were healthy and played, don't you think it would have been a different game?

95220[/snapback]

It might have been but they WERE out so speculation is irrelevant. Their guys beat our guys and thats all there is to it. Despite it being a butt kicking, it only counts as one loss in the standings and theres another game to be played next week against a tough opponent in a tough place to play.

Jack what you call excuses, I call reasons based on my analysis of the game.

And when I saw all those posts rejoicing after the Patriot's loss and not many posts about the Bills win, I felt my comments were called for.

94605[/snapback]

So, your saying if those 3 players were playing or at full speed the Pats would have won? No way but I think it would have been closer then the way they dominated you guys.

I'm sure Law would have been instrumental in stopping those 8 minute all running play drives.

95640[/snapback]

Come on - obviously this affects how the safeties play the run, which affects the linebackers etc. Losing a veteran Pro-Bowl cornerback midgame is always a huge loss for a defense. His replacement (Randall Gay) is a rookie UFA. It makes me wonder what their plan is next year when Law is likely to get released due to his 41 million dollar cap figure.

Having said that, there was no doubt who was the better team in that game yesterday. Pittsburgh was. I don't think Pats' fans should make excuses based on injuries. Of course they didn't help, but there is no evidence that they would have mattered based on how lopsided the game was.