Still no cuts?

marauderswr80

Couple days until FA and the Bills from my standpoint have made ZERO cuts to save more money on the cap? I seen the post a few days back stating that no cuts have been made, here we are Wednesday afternoon and unless I am mistaken, Ive seen no cuts by the Bills......

No offense, but this is the third thread on this.

Why do we need to save money on the cap? Whats the rush? We are far enough under the cap that we dont have to make cuts to sign even the top free agents.

1. I am sure they are going to see who they have as replacements before they make cuts as there is no financial pressure to make cuts now.

2. They may be exploring trade scenarios with some of the players you think should be cut.

3. The cold hard truth is certain players on our team that casual fans want cut are not as bad as the fans think. Kelsay and Denney for instance are over paid, but they do provide value to our team and are solid players on our D. So until we have a player better than those ON our roster, why would we cut them as so many fans want to see happen?

I am sure once we start upgrading those positions we will start to see cuts. But at this point there is no financial reason to make cuts, especially when we don't currently have replacements for them. I have no doubt we will cut Royal if we bring in a TE, and I think one of our DE's will be gone too IF we bring in a DE through draft or FA, otherwise they will both be in Buffalo next year.

To be honest, given our cap room, I don't forsee a lot of cuts by the Bills this offseason...our biggest problem is DEPTH. So even if we bring in upgrades to start over them, it doesnt mean we will cut them as we can use them as backups for depth. So I think the bulk of the cuts will come from seldom used players...

Who should get the ax first?

My vote goes to...Tight End Robert Royal

If Royal doesn't get cut, it scares me into thinking that we aren't planning on picking up a TE in the first two rounds. Otherwise, it means the organization has zero confidence in Derek Fine and Derek Schouman as backups.

The only cuts you will see is if players have huge roster bonuses in March. I'm not aware of many big ones due this year. The only ones that could be a factor would be to Kelsay & Schobel, and it's unlikely the team will cut either one now.

Couple days until FA and the Bills from my standpoint have made ZERO cuts to save more money on the cap? I seen the post a few days back stating that no cuts have been made, here we are Wednesday afternoon and unless I am mistaken, Ive seen no cuts by the Bills......

patience young grasshopper

The only cuts you will see is if players have huge roster bonuses in March. I'm not aware of many big ones due this year. The only ones that could be a factor would be to Kelsay & Schobel, and it's unlikely the team will cut either one now.

It will be interesting to see which teams make the final push to win. After 2009, barring change, the NFL = MLB.

I would actually be upset if we cut anyone prior to the end of mini camps. You don't have to pay a player a penny of his contractual salary unless he makes the final cut. Normally the only reason guys get let go now is because the team knows they will cut them eventually and the team feels they owe them the opportunity to find another team. Since the Bills have no one on the team that they should feel as if they owe, all the cuts should come when it makes the absolute most sense for the team.

John McCargo. His lazy ass is done in Buffalo.

Nah, Fewell was just talking about how they thought he still had the talent and now it has to translate into results on the field. They are thinking that he'll do better under this new DL coach and they admitted that him and the former DL coach didn't really see eye to eye.