DJ is a very good thing for recruiting Free Agents

Chuckknox

Players would rather work / play for him than many of the A-hole coaches that have type A / crazy aggressive head coaches (like the Jaguar coach). Think about it, it does matter to them (as long as the $$ is there).

Much less head games from the coach and a respectful locker room. He never rips a player in the press, etc...

Now if he could just put together a winning season.

Players would rather work / play for him than many of the A-hole coaches that have type A / crazy aggressive head coaches (like the Jaguar coach). Think about it, it does matter to them (as long as the $$ is there).

Much less head games from the coach and a respectful locker room. He never rips a player in the press, etc...

Great point and I think we all underestimate this. Jauron is a stand up guy and takes the blame for coaches/ players alike (for instance the Jets game and JP disaster). I think the thing people underestimate is we were just too young as a team and not talented enough. But we're getting close.

On the other hand, DJ's loyalty may also be his biggest weakness. He is loyal to his guys to a fault. I don't know if he has even fired a coach. The thing about it is that any decent assistant coach would probably jump at the opportunity to work for Jauron because he lets them coach their own way.

Great point and I think we all underestimate this. Jauron is a stand up guy and takes the blame for coaches/ players alike (for instance the Jets game and JP disaster). I think the thing people underestimate is we were just too young as a team and not talented enough. But we're getting close.

On the other hand, DJ's loyalty may also be his biggest weakness. He is loyal to his guys to a fault. I don't know if he has even fired a coach. The thing about it is that any decent assistant coach would probably jump at the opportunity to work for Jauron because he lets them coach their own way.

What they said. :blink:

Remember our best free agent in Lee Evans signed an extension during the regular season. For those of you who blast DJ, have you ever heard the guy speak. Tremendous leadership qualities and a guy I'd back in a bar fight. :blink:

Normally, I would agree that this is a plus for Jauron. Three years ago, definitely. But face it, now he's a lame duck head coach with a horrible track record. Any free agent that signs here can look forward to 2 head coaches and systems in the next two years, and chances are Jauron's successor will be the anti-Jauron in terms of player handling.