Crappy Diagnosis

Dante

The posts really do make me feel good guys. Thank you very much. Have been late in replying because my father flew in from Canada to keep a eye on me. In regards to the chemo, my doctor did say that I was getting a very small amount. So I don't anticipate anything too harsh. I hope this is true. They gave me some drug I took tonight in prep for tomorrows chemo that kinda buzzed me a little. I would have to go upstairs a to see what it is but it starts with a A lol. I also don't have to go in for chemo treatments. I'm getting this little pump that administers it automatically while I'm at home if I understand it correctly.

As for the local weed. Damn, Ive never really done the stuff because I never cared for it. BUT, in this case, considering my doctor imposed wagon riding, I certainly would give it another try!! Just don't know anyone that really does it. :lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The posts really do make me feel good guys. Thank you very much. Have been late in replying because my father flew in from Canada to keep a eye on me. In regards to the chemo, my doctor did say that I was getting a very small amount. So I don't anticipate anything too harsh. I hope this is true. They gave me some drug I took tonight in prep for tomorrows chemo that kinda buzzed me a little. I would have to go upstairs a to see what it is but it starts with a A Lil. I also don't have to go in for chemo treatments. I'm getting this little pump that administers it automatically while I'm at home if I understand it correctly.

As for the local weed. Damn, Ive never really done the stuff because I never cared for it. BUT, in this case, considering my doctor imposed wagon riding, I certainly would give it another try!! Just don't know anyone that really does it. :lol:

Good luck bro.ya the wagon sucks,but when the wheels fall off! Best booze ever,

Get well Dante! Everything will be okay!

Have you ever been exposed to organic solvents like benzene? That sh*t scares the crap out of me... Sometimes we get barges that haul well over 2200 bbls of that stuff a pop and sometimes you can easily smell it!! :D ... I try to avoid it at all cost. THe electricia at my work had his father come down with it (leuk) later in his life... He was a machinist by trade and back in the day he would literally soak in the stuff (benzene) cleaning parts and what not... Not knowing what it could do to him later in life! You said you were from Canada, any history of farming or dealing with industrial chemicals? This from Mayo:

Risk factors

Certain factors may increase your risk of developing hairy cell leukemia. Not all research studies agree on what factors increase your risk of the disease. Some research indicates that your risk of hairy cell leukemia increases based on your:

Family history of blood cancers. Hairy cell leukemia is sometimes found in families with a history of this and other blood cancers.

Ashkenazi Jewish heritage. Ashkenazi Jewish men may have a higher risk of hairy cell leukemia.

Personal history of cancer. If you've had another type of cancer, you're more likely to develop hairy cell leukemia.

Exposure to radiation. People who work around X-ray machines and other medical equipment that gives off ionizing radiation may have a higher risk of developing hairy cell leukemia, though some studies haven't found this to be the case.

Exposure to chemicals. Chemicals, such as those used in agricultural and petroleum products, could play a role in hairy cell leukemia development. Some studies have found this not to be the case.

Exposure to sawdust. Results have been mixed, but some studies have found a link between working with wood and sawdust and an increased risk of hairy cell leukemia.

Well anyway... Get well... And Go Sharks! Outside the Sabres (which have a snowball chance in hell to win the SC, let alone make the playoffs), I would really like to see SJ do it! :lol::lol:

Hang in there!

The posts really do make me feel good guys. Thank you very much. Have been late in replying because my father flew in from Canada to keep a eye on me. In regards to the chemo, my doctor did say that I was getting a very small amount. So I don't anticipate anything too harsh. I hope this is true. They gave me some drug I took tonight in prep for tomorrows chemo that kinda buzzed me a little. I would have to go upstairs a to see what it is but it starts with a A lol. I also don't have to go in for chemo treatments. I'm getting this little pump that administers it automatically while I'm at home if I understand it correctly.

As for the local weed. Damn, Ive never really done the stuff because I never cared for it. BUT, in this case, considering my doctor imposed wagon riding, I certainly would give it another try!! Just don't know anyone that really does it. :thumbsup:

I was on the wagon for 10 years and I found myself back smoking week periodically. Best thing? No friggin hangovers. If you come accross any give me a call. :lol: Hell it just migh help me tolerate the liberal hippies up here. Keep us posted Dante

The posts really do make me feel good guys.

Get well Dante. Keep your spirits up as I believe it really does effect the healing process. Stuff like this really puts our other problems (you know, like "will the Bills cut Royal?") into perspective. Prayers and positive thoughts your way.

If they give you this red stuff in an IV there is something interesting about it. It was originally used as an industrial dye but when workers would get accidentally splashed with the stuff it would kill cells on their skin. So a doctor who treated these patients thought that if it kills cells it could kill cancer cells and he was right. I don't think for your type of cancer they'll give it to you but if they do your PP will look like blush wine. :thumbsup: