Crappy Diagnosis

Dante

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go for chemo treatments take a funny book, I liked the Darwin Awards books and the David Letterman top ten books.

Or print out the old "currency exchange" and "burning DVD" threads from here.

Good advice though. Chemo sucks. When (note: not if) my wife gets cancer, she's refusing chemo after seeing her mother go through it. Not something I'm looking forward to.

Good luck, Dante - by which I mean "hope the chemo isn't as bad as I've heard". Sounds like the diagnosis is already fortunately benign (relatively speaking), which is already a spot of good luck.

Actually, Steely made a good point (did I just type that?), as many report a little herb helps relieve some of the discomfort of chemo. Fortunately, you are in a good place for that.

In SF it is fairly easy, and inexpensive (at least it was) to get a medical marijuana card. Then, you can legally (at least locally) buy herb, and herb products (cookies, brownies, popcorn, etc), from stores with a good selection of high quality (pun noted) goods. I'm not sure what Marin's policies are, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult, should you decide to go that route.

Hang in there Dante. Got to stop by this season where you watch the games.

Not everyone gets real sick from chemo. My father got sick the first time, but not after. His hair did fall out.

He was a lot sicker from his radiation treatment he had beforehand. He had lung cancer, so, in the end, none of it worked.

Actually, Steely made a good point (did I just type that?), as many report a little herb helps relieve some of the discomfort of chemo. Fortunately, you are in a good place for that.

In SF it is fairly easy, and inexpensive (at least it was) to get a medical marijuana card. Then, you can legally (at least locally) buy herb, and herb products (cookies, brownies, popcorn, etc), from stores with a good selection of high quality (pun noted) goods. I'm not sure what Marin's policies are, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult, should you decide to go that route.

Pretty soon all of us here in CA will be able to buy weed.

:nana:

Or print out the old "currency exchange" and "burning DVD" threads from here.

Good advice though. Chemo sucks. When (note: not if) my wife gets cancer, she's refusing chemo after seeing her mother go through it. Not something I'm looking forward to.

Good luck, Dante - by which I mean "hope the chemo isn't as bad as I've heard". Sounds like the diagnosis is already fortunately benign (relatively speaking), which is already a spot of good luck.

With all due respect your wife would be being an idiot. When her mother went through chemo, I'm assuming about 10 years or more, things were much, much worse. When I had my chemo I had no bad reaction to it. The only thing that bothered me was a drug they gave me for my exact type of cancer. It was an intravenous drug and the first time I had it it gave me chills and vomiting. I was at the chemo center when this happened and I had been warned before that that would happen. After that everything was cool. I still used Mary Jane, but not because I really had to. :nana:

By the time she gets cancer things will be even better. Things are moving fast in cancer research. She should at least try it first. JMO

Outstanding! I hope they pull it off.

Why do you constantly think about people pulling off? :w00t:

And as far my making good points you should be putting that after every single one of my posts. :w00t:

Jack-ASS!!!

...you should stop the hijacking of a thread away from a fellow with a serious problem as you once again...attempt to turn things in to yet another story about you, and your so, so, sad life.

You are odious. :nana:

Seems to me like he was just giving advice, based on experience...

Anyway, sorry to hear the news Dante. Seems like you've got the right attitude. This won't beat you, if you don't let it beat you. And I like the 95% odds. Good luck, sir.

Getting back on track here...

Dante, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Stay strong. I know many here are thinking of you and I know many will be praying, including me.

Laughter is, indeed, the best medicine. Go rent one of your favorite comedies or watch a bunch of Marx Brothers and Three Stooges bits on YouTube. That certainly can't hurt.

...you should stop the hijacking of a thread away from a fellow with a serious problem as you once again...attempt to turn things in to yet another story about you, and your so, so, sad life.

You are odious. :nana:

Seems to me like he was just giving advice, based on experience...

Anyway, sorry to hear the news Dante. Seems like you've got the right attitude. This won't beat you, if you don't let it beat you. And I like the 95% odds. Good luck, sir.

Cincy doesn't like me and has to take shots whenever he thinks he can make me look bad. I'm sure Dante knows exactly what I meant and you seem to be smart enough to know that too.

You are odious. :lol:

SD's post was probably the most supportive and constructive in this thread, since he was actually able give real advice and say something more than "Geez, that sucks. Best wishes."

In a long line of stupid posts, this might possibly be the stupidest thing you ever posted.

Dante, this obviously sucks, but you have the right attitude, I think. It could be much worse.

Keep a positive attitude and try not to worry too much (I know that's not easy, but it does no good).

To help you out, I am going to have that shot that you aren't allowed to have. We'll show 'em!

Hell ill have a few for you this weekend daute

Get better Bro i hope all turns out well. My thoughts and prayers are with you