Bills Free Agency

BillsNYC

hmm interesting....from the way things sound from everything Ive read, Bills first pick could go anywhere...it defiantly sounds like Defense will be the pick, but that could be a smokescreen...this article points out that the Bills could either go with Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas / Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State or they could go with Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC ...but they didn't necessarily say that the Bills were looking at these positions in round 1...they could go with Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State or even Alex Mack, C, California ...obviously the article didn't mention the names I just threw up..just the positions really...this draft is defiantly going to be interesting.

as for the free agents...I would love to see Owen Daniels, TE in Buffalo...but he would cost to much...if the cost is only a 1st or a 2nd then maybe its worth it, but Ive read that he might cost both a 1st and a 3rd..to me thats just to much..I mean seriously, most ppl feel that Buffalo will pick a TE in the top 3 rounds anyways, so why not grab a proven TE.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/2/24/...wn-buffalo-s-li

Never heard of this site but linked from CNN SI

Good read...and the stuff he talks about seems plausible. I don't know if they'll be able to lure Housh, but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't work, I wouldn't mind Amani Toomer at all. A move like this gives them more than enough depth at WR.

hmm interesting....from the way things sound from everything Ive read, Bills first pick could go anywhere...it defiantly sounds like Defense will be the pick, but that could be a smokescreen...this article points out that the Bills could either go with Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas / Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State or they could go with Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC ...but they didn't necessarily say that the Bills were looking at these positions in round 1...they could go with Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State or even Alex Mack, C, California ...obviously the article didn't mention the names I just threw up..just the positions really...this draft is defiantly going to be interesting.

as for the free agents...I would love to see Owen Daniels, TE in Buffalo...but he would cost to much...if the cost is only a 1st or a 2nd then maybe its worth it, but Ive read that he might cost both a 1st and a 3rd..to me thats just to much..I mean seriously, most ppl feel that Buffalo will pick a TE in the top 3 rounds anyways, so why not grab a proven TE.

Orakpo = 2009's version of Gholston

If the Bills are going to fork over a lot of money in FA, it has to be WR. Its the only critical position we have that can't be filled immediately via the draft.

Unless Crabtree were to fall...and of course there's a subculture of Bills fans who wouldn't mind taking Maclin or Harvin, etc. at #11.

But I'm against that and I agree with you. I'd strongly prefer to fill that need in free agency or trade (Boldin, Tory Holt).