Haynesworth to Skins?

DwightSchrute

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I respect Snyder's efforts to make his team a winner.

That said his meddling and lack of a clear organizational doctrine make him no better than Ralph IMO.

Really the biggest difference is that the Redskins have the highest revenue in the league at $327 million per year (New England is second making $45 million per year less) and the Bills revenue is 27th in the league at $206 million.

Is Snyder a better businessman than Ralph? Probably, he's wealthier. But the Bills are considered a well run small market franchise, at least in non-football related business.

Is he a better or more astute team owner? Probably not. His war chest is $121 million per year more. Since he bought the team in 1999 the Redskins have 76 wins, the Bills have 71.

Snyder spends more because he has a lot more money to throw away. And his results have been lousy especially when considering how much money he's burned.

Snyder isn't the meddler he used to be. He learned to back off some during the second Joe Gibbs era. I don' think signing Haynesworth to that kind of a deal is wise, but I don't think that sitting around, waiting to stirke oil is smart either, assuming your goal is to win.

No surprise that Snyder is willing to toss him big bucks, but there is a report for $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per...Bills wouldn't go that high...would they?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

The Bills wouldn't, nor should they. What an ridiculous amount of money for any single player. He's still just one of eleven guys on the field. A difference maker -- yes, but $100 million?!

Don't kid yourself. Ralph Wilson has been making a lot of money for a very long time. Certainly the Redskins generate more money, but that is a separate issue. What I am saying is Ralph can afford to spend to the cap, and we don't. Snyder does, and it would fun to be a fan.

The post I was responding to was alluding that Snyder runs a chaotic organization because he goes after big name FA's. I disagree, and would think his fan base has a lot of fun knowing their owner will sign big ticket players. I would be digressing if I didn't make mention that I think we are more than capable of signing these type of free agents on a more regular basis than we do, and we just don't.

People also forget that the Super Bowl years were uncapped years. The Bills did OK for themselves for a small market in an uncapped era. However, they also had a great GM and talent scouts then, too.

uh, no i wont

i havent been to a live football game in 15 years and the only jerseys i had of recent players were gifts that I sold so no I didnt contradict my statement, 1 mil a game is too much for any player

So you're one of those guys that complains about taxes being too high, but doesn't vote? Ok, I obviously underestimated how irrelevant your comments are then.

Only player worth that kind of money in this league is a top 3 QB. No other position can come close to returning that kind of value.

Definitely, especially when they've been injured recently.

1 mil a game for any player is too much i dont care who they are

Too true!