North Korea Missle test

capable of hitting CONUS

really, how far is that?

Last I checked they haven't got the thaipandong (sp?) II missle working that barely could reach Alaska. Not sure they'd be working on something with greater range until they perfected that. On top of that shooting a missle isn't much harder than launching something into space. But getting a delivery system integrated is a lot harder. they are decades away from being a threat to the US and Lil Kim will be long gone to the great golf course in hell.

One trident sub would reduce NK to rocks sitting atop rocks. I think Russia and China would back us this time around.

very true, a single b-2 could wipe out N korea as well. the problem is, what if korea launches a nuke or 2 first? intelligence estimates they have a "small" nuke aresonal. say they decide to vaporize honnolulu, LA, san fran, portland and seattle. would it really help that we turn them into a parking lot after the fact?

very true, a single b-2 could wipe out N korea as well. the problem is, what if korea launches a nuke or 2 first? intelligence estimates they have a "small" nuke aresonal. say they decide to vaporize honnolulu, LA, san fran, portland and seattle. would it really help that we turn them into a parking lot after the fact?

You suggesting a preemptive strike?

really, how far is that?

Last I checked they haven't got the thaipandong (sp?) II missle working that barely could reach Alaska. Not sure they'd be working on something with greater range until they perfected that. On top of that shooting a missle isn't much harder than launching something into space. But getting a delivery system integrated is a lot harder. they are decades away from being a threat to the US and Lil Kim will be long gone to the great golf course in hell.

Blow up Alaska? Like anybody would give a shyt.

Actually, I don't think we'd have any choice but to turn them into a parking lot. A cop I knew once put a bullet into the back of the head of motorcycle gang member (many years ago). He said it was a "warning shot". I asked him what he meant by that...he said "it wasn't THAT guy I was warning!"

You suggesting a preemptive strike?

no, where did you get that idea from?

i was responding to the post about a trident sub wiping out korea, just to make the point that it might not matter if we can wipe NK out because they have the ability to vaporize millions if they continue to develop their nuke delivery system

really, how far is that?

the "satellite delivery missle" :cough:ICBM they plan to test is alleged to have the range to hit the west coast if used for military purposes

sooo that leads me to believe their technology is progressing at a fairly rapid pace since they only things in previous range of taepodongs (that sounds funny) before was guam, hawaii and alaska...

NK looks like they want to move up to the big boy league

capable of hitting CONUS

Conan O'brien's NU Set?

I thought Bush and Cheney took care of this. Wasn't Iraq supposed to show the world what would happen if someone just talked about having WMD? This is like moving into an apartment, and every closet door you open reveals another mess the old tenants left.

the "satellite delivery missle" :cough:ICBM they plan to test is alleged to have the range to hit the west coast if used for military purposes

sooo that leads me to believe their technology is progressing at a fairly rapid pace since they only things in previous range of taepodongs (that sounds funny) before was guam, hawaii and alaska...

NK looks like they want to move up to the big boy league

And if the damn thing ever stops exploding on them, they'd still have to figure out how to mount a warhead on it (and remember when their warhead tests all failed), and then good luck hitting something smaller than the Mojave desert.

There's also a reason the Bush administration put ABMs in Alaska...

really, how far is that?

Real threat for now is Japan where by treaty we must respond if they are attacked. Would also cause havoc with the #2 economy in the world.