Chances of getting Matt Birk

BeastMode54

Free agent C Matt Birk told the AP that he's had "encouraging" talks with the Vikings about a new contract.

Neither side wants this union to end, but it'll come down to a money matter. Birk made roughly $6 million last year and may not want to take any less. (per rotoworld)

If we can't get him, do we go after Saturday or Jason Brown?

I like all three Birk, Saturday & Brown. Im leaning towards Brown.....why? Youth, health & much more time to play at a high level. I mean Birk & Saturday would really help the team for the short run, Brown on the other hand would be a long term fix at the center spot. I mean with Brown you have youth, health and a very quality player all around. Age is slowly working against Birk & Saturday.

Although, if Alex Mack can be had 2nd round, id love to see Jeff Saturday come in for a year or 2 and mentor Mack.

I like all three Birk, Saturday & Brown. Im leaning towards Brown.....why? Youth, health & much more time to play at a high level. I mean Birk & Saturday would really help the team for the short run, Brown on the other hand would be a long term fix at the center spot. I mean with Brown you have youth, health and a very quality player all around. Age is slowly working against Birk & Saturday.

Although, if Alex Mack can be had 2nd round, id love to see Jeff Saturday come in for a year or 2 and mentor Mack.

Would Saturday be the better mentor in that scenario? Birk wouldn't be as good a menotr?