Remember Tomorrow is Pancake or Paczki day

millbank

thanks Millbank ...sadly if my wife were to wake and make pancakes it would be a sure sign of the end of times. She might leave the car keys and an IHOP coupon on the counter. If I may say so I do, however, like my own whole wheat griddle cakes with real maple syrup.

:worthy::worthy: For you!

Every Sunday is pancake day! My wife makes them every Sunday morning... :( The nice thing is when I am on midnights and head home... I go right to bed being bushed and all... I usually get them served "breakfest in bed" and then off to a mid-morning/noon time slumber... With a brief hiatus for 11:30 Mass! :devil::D

Needless to say... It does nothing for my "girlish figure!" Oh well, you only live once! :beer:

BTW... Real maple syrup too!

Leave it to those good Poles in Chi-Town to celebrate twice! :(

I understand that Pulaski Day (March 4) is actually a gov't holiday there, much like Patriots Day in Boston.

Here in the BuffTown, most places just sell regular doughnuts and call them 'paczki' - the closest you can get to the real thing is at...

Pumpernick's

Na Zdrowie! :beer:

Yes it is. My children will have off of school on Pulaski Day this year (and they attend Catholic school)! I usually take them skiing for the day and the last coule of years we turned it into an overnight out of town... No holiday rate too, better than Prez Day when things are a bit more mobbed... :devil::D