Silver lining from the recession cloud

KD in CA

My silver lining to the recession is it gives me an excuse to watch the CNBC Money Honey's like Becky Quick and Maria Baritromo

:devil:

Very nice!

BTW, dev, here's an Animal Planet new series starting tomorrow, featuring those that you maintain you descended from:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/dark-days-monkey-city/

Enjoy! :D

But proponents of Sunday sales argue that state budgets are under plenty of pressure too and that by allowing people to buy beer, wine or liquor on Sunday at grocery or package stores, states could reap millions of dollars in tax revenue.

What I don't understand is how this is going to add extra money... Just buy your booze on Sat. or Mon.

UNLESS, people will buy on Sat., Sun., AND Mon. WTF? :rolleyes::pirate:

Isn't it a "shell game?" Isn't there only one marble?

What I am saying is that if I have "X" amount of money to buy booze... I only have "X" amount of money. How is this going to get me to spend more money?

It depends on where you live. If you live near the border of a state which allows alcohol sales on Sunday the blue law state loses on the revenue.

In addition since many people have Sunday off it has more parties than weekdays - if you are having a party and run out of alcohol you can go to store and restock - that revenue is lost.