Is Kirk Chambers a Free Agent?

PIZ

I saw on another site that Kirk is a free agent this Friday. Is that true? If so, we need to sign him long-term.

Who are all the Bills free agents?

Yes according to a few sources I checked he's unrestricted. I'm a bit surprised by this and am not convinced. If he is unrestricted they should sign him...I thought he showed great promise.

Player Pos. FA Type

Darian Barnes FB RFA

Kirk Chambers OL UFA

Angelo Crowell LB UFA

John DiGiorgio LB RFA

Keith Ellison LB RFA

Melvin Fowler OL UFA

Jabari Greer CB UFA

Gibran Hamdan QB RFA

Justin Jenkins WR RFA

J.P. Losman QB UFA

Corey McIntyre FB UFA

Duke Preston OL UFA

Jason Whittle G UFA

George Wilson S RFA

I think they'll re-sign Chambers -- at this point, it would be dumb not to. As far as the UFAs go, I expect all of the ones listed will be gone except for Chambers...and perhaps Preston, as painful as that may be. Whittle might have stayed if the guy had any ability to play more than one game before getting injured.

Yes according to a few sources I checked he's unrestricted. I'm a bit surprised by this and am not convinced. If he is unrestricted they should sign him...I thought he showed great promise.

Player Pos. FA Type

Darian Barnes FB RFA

Kirk Chambers OL UFA

Angelo Crowell LB UFA

John DiGiorgio LB RFA

Keith Ellison LB RFA

Melvin Fowler OL UFA

Jabari Greer CB UFA

Gibran Hamdan QB RFA

Justin Jenkins WR RFA

J.P. Losman QB UFA

Corey McIntyre FB UFA

Duke Preston OL UFA

Jason Whittle G UFA

George Wilson S RFA

I'm just worried that they haven't signed him by now.

He's good as gone.

It reminds me of when we had Marcus Price, who I thought was an excellent back-up swing tackle. They let his contract lapse too and ended up with Chambers. My sense is that the FO thinks these spot-duty, back-up tackles are a dime a dozen. I wouldn't be surprised if we made little to no attempt to re-sign Chambers.

I'm just worried that they haven't signed him by now.

Yeah, me too. I wonder if he/his agent said "don't bother offering yet...we'll let the market set his price."

It's another question if they could have signed him during the season in a proactive move so it didn't reach this point (see Greer, Jabari).

Guys,

Dont forget that we have Demetrious Bell waiting in the wings.....

I know there are a few on here that didn't care for him because he needed more weightroom last year.....but that kid had really good feet.

I noticed him the first game he played in preseason. I really liked what I saw. I think the tools are there, he just needs a little more strenght, as you say.

Guys,

Dont forget that we have Demetrious Bell waiting in the wings.....

I know there are a few on here that didn't care for him because he needed more weightroom last year.....but that kid had really good feet.

I saw a diamond in the rough in Bell, a natural left tackle.

But when you have talent you keep it and they should try to retain Chambers. Build from within. Then you get yourself into situations where you can trade away starters (ie-Walker) or let them walk.

I agree, he is a very servicable backup from what I saw, he is young, so he most likely will get better. They should sign him, I doubt he will command too much.

On March 19 he will be 30 years old.

It would be nice if they could keep him, as long as they keep him away from the OG spot, where he was terrible.

On March 19 he will be 30 years old.

It would be nice if they could keep him, as long as they keep him away from the OG spot, where he was terrible.

Did not know that. That changes things a little bit. Should be a little easier to retain as a B/U.