ESPN on Marshawn Lynch Situation

DIE HARD 1967

Consider me a huge fan of the new commissioner. That man has his s ^_^ t together, and it would be well worth it for all to listen to his quotes in that segment imo.

This is what I have been trying to get accross on my few posts about Lynch and his antics. At some point, allagations are not all false, and a player must take responsibility.

The reaction on this board to Lynch and his behavior has been saddening. First he mows down the girl, but she was said to be drunk and fat. Now he is cruising with a loaded gun, and the cops are white (was that ever determined?) racists. What people miss is that even if all of the above is true, Lynch still mowed down the girl and left her in the streets, and was cruising with a loaded, illegal weapon!

He doesn't care about the team enough to obey simple laws, and there is no reason to believe that this will change. It might; he may suddenly grow up, but in the meantime his teammates need him to perform, and to set an example for young players who might look up to him. You tell me, why we should expect him to suddenly obey laws that he so obviously shuns?

I hope that the Bills sign Taylor, and find a running back in the 4th round or so. They will have to whereas he will probably be suspended for 4 games. This is something caused by Marshawn, not society. When he gets back, I would trade him in a second if a team offered us a first, or even a 2nd round draft pick. The kid plays hard and I love to watch him, but he isn't bigger than the team nor Bills Fans.

Now, go ahead and call me a racist.

Not sure if you guys caught this on ESPN

4 Games, I was thinking more like 2

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3911214

"probably at most four games" ... I bet it will be two. Either way let's hope Lynch wakes up and cleans up his act. He is walking a tightrope and maybe now he will realize it is best to step off before he falls off.

Consider me a huge fan of the new commissioner. That man has his s ^_^ t together, and it would be well worth it for all to listen to his quotes in that segment imo.

This is what I have been trying to get accross on my few posts about Lynch and his antics. At some point, allagations are not all false, and a player must take responsibility.

The reaction on this board to Lynch and his behavior has been saddening. First he mows down the girl, but she was said to be drunk and fat. Now he is cruising with a loaded gun, and the cops are white (was that ever determined?) racists. What people miss is that even if all of the above is true, Lynch still mowed down the girl and left her in the streets, and was cruising with a loaded, illegal weapon!

He doesn't care about the team enough to obey simple laws, and there is no reason to believe that this will change. It might; he may suddenly grow up, but in the meantime his teammates need him to perform, and to set an example for young players who might look up to him. You tell me, why we should expect him to suddenly obey laws that he so obviously shuns?

I hope that the Bills sign Taylor, and find a running back in the 4th round or so. They will have to whereas he will probably be suspended for 4 games. This is something caused by Marshawn, not society. When he gets back, I would trade him in a second if a team offered us a first, or even a 2nd round draft pick. The kid plays hard and I love to watch him, but he isn't bigger than the team nor Bills Fans.

Bill I do not think your comments are racist but they also fail to recognize that Lynch is a young man who needs to grow up. Obviously, I do not know you so I have no idea what you did in your late teens and early 20's. I know many people who made serious mistakes in judgement, I was one of them. Yes, sometimes it takes more than one wake up call to get your :lol: together. I truly hope Lynch does. I think this is his last chance to do so as a Bill.

Bill I do not think your comments are racist but they also fail to recognize that Lynch is a young man who needs to grow up. Obviously, I do not know you so I have no idea what you did in your late teens and early 20's. I know many people who made serious mistakes in judgement, I was one of them. Yes, sometimes it takes more than one wake up call to get your ^_^ together. I truly hope Lynch does. I think this is his last chance to do so as a Bill.

Your post makes sense.

I was pretty wild, but I find it hard (perhaps my shortcoming) to relate my own life to that of Marshawn. The kid makes more money in a season than me, my wife, and both of our parents will ever make in our lifetimes. This is quite a bit because according to the government, I barely qualify for anything in terms of tuition writeoffs, etc. because I am "rich." :lol:

Marshawn seems to be way too self centered. He could have had a limo take him to and fro instead of hittling the girl and leaving her lying in the street. He could be home with a few 10s instead of cruising the streets with a loaded gun and smoking weed. Unlike those less fortunate, he seems to have a solid mother who loves him and cares. I have heard him speak. He isn't dumb.

As Bills Fans, we are up against it aleeady. Our management (is there any?) and bad coaching have us in rough shape. Can we afford Lynch and his disruptions? It is hard to believe so, but I am willing to listen to reason.

I don't think you're being racist but one person, in particular, who posts on this board will think you are. Since RB is the easiest position for a player who steps up into the NFL I'd take a first rounder, depending on the RB depth in the draft in heartbeat. Anything less than that and I'd say no.

If the Bills could come away with a Matt Forte or Chris Johnson type RB from the draft they would be better off anyway, IMO.

Bill I do not think your comments are racist but they also fail to recognize that Lynch is a young man who needs to grow up. Obviously, I do not know you so I have no idea what you did in your late teens and early 20's. I know many people who made serious mistakes in judgement, I was one of them. Yes, sometimes it takes more than one wake up call to get your :lol: together. I truly hope Lynch does. I think this is his last chance to do so as a Bill.

I did a lot of dumb things too as a teenager and into my early twenties. If someone had come up to me and said here's a few million dollars and all I expect is for you to keep in top physical shape, learn this book backwards and forwards, avoid drugs, strip clubs and people who can put you into trouble I would have done it in a heartbeat.

I did a lot of dumb things too as a teenager and into my early twenties. If someone had come up to me and said here's a few million dollars and all I expect is for you to keep in top physical shape, learn this book backwards and forwards, avoid drugs, strip clubs and people who can put you into trouble I would have done it in a heartbeat.

LOL .... problem is that nobody offered either of us those millions unless we were playing monopoly. I hear what you say but probably easier said than done when all your friends are off having a good time.

I don't think you're being racist but one person, in particular, who posts on this board will think you are. Since RB is the easiest position for a player who steps up into the NFL I'd take a first rounder, depending on the RB depth in the draft in heartbeat. Anything less than that and I'd say no.

If the Bills could come away with a Matt Forte or Chris Johnson type RB from the draft they would be better off anyway, IMO.

I did a lot of dumb things too as a teenager and into my early twenties. If someone had come up to me and said here's a few million dollars and all I expect is for you to keep in top physical shape, learn this book backwards and forwards, avoid drugs, strip clubs and people who can put you into trouble, *including not spending any time with ANY of your old friends or family members, no going home to your old neighborhood to visit, during the offseason when you are on vacation, you are not allowed to go out either. you have to sit home on your money and let your early 20s slide by. I would have done it in a heartbeat.

fixed, and face it, even if someone were to do all that... being young and having that money, trouble can/will find you.

fixed, and face it, even if someone were to do all that... being young and having that money, trouble can/will find you.

Pay for your trusted friends to come out to you. Play video games shoot pool. If you want to go out hire body guards. There are a lot of ways around these things that are just smart and for millions of dollars I'd work around them. If you don't work around them then trouble will find you. The idea is to minimize the chances of anything bad happening.

A lot of people are going to bait you into fights so they can sue you. Some women are going to cry rape after having consensual sex. There are a lot of pitfalls and they need to be dealt with intelligently.

Don't bother, they forgot about what it was like being young and making mistakes a long time ago. You know, back when they would have spit in your face for suggesting Bruce Smith get traded for f'ing up royally. They have become the crotchety old man on the porch shacking their fists, screaming at those darn kids in their supped up muscle cars. They are full of crap if they say they wanted Smith traded back in the day.

BTW, did anyone notice that the ESPN story is from Feb 16th? Talk about a ground hogs day thread. Let's just keep posting it like it new news every week.

Don't bother, they forgot about what it was like being young and making mistakes a long time ago. You know, back when they would have spit in your face for suggesting Bruce Smith get traded for f'ing up royally. They have become the crotchety old man on the porch shacking their fists, screaming at those darn kids in their supped up muscle cars. They are full of crap if they say they wanted Smith traded back in the day.

Truth be told, while I never wanted Bruuuuce to leave, in the late '80s, there were plenty of folks who did. Indeed, when Denver signed him to the offer sheet, Ed Kilgore went on record saying that Smith was becoming too much of a headache and the Bills would be better off if they didn't match the contract.

I posted before about judging others and not reflecting on ourselves enough. Basically holding others to a higher standard than we hold ourselves. It was a long post and I think got bad ratings.

Regardless, if someone told me to not go out to clubs when I was a young man, I'd tell him to go take a hike. Remember, these people have a right to go out. They can't stay in every night.

As far as the limo suggestion fine. But just remember that Darrent Williams was shot and killed while he sat in a limo. As much as it allows you not to drive, there is a hazard in taking a limo too. It can make you a target.

When I was young, I was stupid...but I was lucky too. There but for the grace of God go I.

Truth be told, while I never wanted Bruuuuce to leave, in the late '80s, there were plenty of folks who did. Indeed, when Denver signed him to the offer sheet, Ed Kilgore went on record saying that Smith was becoming too much of a headache and the Bills would be better off if they didn't match the contract.

So you found one dumb person, Ed Kilgore. A person who was so dumb in his lone stance since Bruce Smith eventually figured it out and became a Hall of Famer, warts and all. Thanks for validating my point even further.

Hey Bill, time to finally answer my question you dodged a while back. Were you clamoring for Bruce Smith to be traded when he was suspended for being a coke head and also got in trouble for driving while being so drunk he was on the verge of passing out?

I posted before about judging others and not reflecting on ourselves enough. Basically holding others to a higher standard than we hold ourselves. It was a long post and I think got bad ratings.

Regardless, if someone told me to not go out to clubs when I was a young man, I'd tell him to go take a hike. Remember, these people have a right to go out. They can't stay in every night.

As far as the limo suggestion fine. But just remember that Darrent Williams was shot and killed while he sat in a limo. As much as it allows you not to drive, there is a hazard in taking a limo too. It can make you a target.

When I was young, I was stupid...but I was lucky too. There but for the grace of God go I.

Very good post. I think too many people have grown cynical and angry at the Bills as an organization due to the ineptitude we see for 16 weeks a year for the last 10 years (myself included). Such anger and cynicism is now directed towards our players with such a vitriol that the minute our players show signs of weakness, people come out in droves to rail against them and run them out of town.

Over the past few years, you've got the anti-JP crowd, the anti-Jason Peters group, the Trent-haters, The Lynch lynch mob and there's even a vocal minority here that hates Lee Evans.

I don't get what happened to our fan base, but somewhere along the way, we all went from supporting our players to trying to get rid of them...

Truth of the matter is this...Marshawn has made mistakes, dumb mistakes but that's what they are...mistakes. He is young, dumb and rich which is always a dangerous combination. Are we excusing his behaviour by admitting this? No. But what we should be doing as fans, is trying to get our organization to give him the help he needs to overcome his foolishness.

Hey Bill, time to finally answer my question you dodged a while back. Were you clamoring for Bruce Smith to be traded when he was suspended for being a coke head and also got in trouble for driving while being so drunk he was on the verge of passing out?

No, so if you are trying to win a debate about 100% consistency, you win. And, that is fair enough. As far as being the crotchety guy on the porch, those who know me might be inclined to paint a different picture.

Now, as Bills Fans, please tell me where the Marshawn situation leaves us. This time, allow me to remind you that the country has changed. There are far more rules today. I view many people in their 20s as a regulated generation of sorts. Some kids are tested today for drugs and steroids at the high school level. My daughter's friend had to take a drug test to work in Modells. You have to wear seatbelts and can't smoke in a bar. You are forced to watch each and every word you say.....etc.

Do you think that Lynch is able to follow the basic rules of society? My point is that I don't know, and as Bills Fans, we have little room to get worse because of Lynch and his impulses.

No, so if you are trying to win a debate about 100% consistency, you win. And, that is fair enough. As far as being the crotchety guy on the porch, those who know me might be inclined to paint a different picture.

Now, as Bills Fans, please tell me where the Marshawn situation leaves us. This time, allow me to remind you that the country has changed. There are far more rules today. I view many people in their 20s as a regulated generation of sorts. Some kids are tested today for drugs and steroids at the high school level. My daughter's friend had to take a drug test to work in Modells. You have to wear seatbelts and can't smoke in a bar. You are forced to watch each and every word you say.....etc.

Do you think that Lynch is able to follow the basic rules of society? My point is that I don't know, and as Bills Fans, we have little room to get worse because of Lynch and his impulses.

Perspective is all I was trying to provide. Just because there are more rules doesn't mean that players in their early twenties won't act like they are in their early twenties. There were no guarantees that Bruce would stop getting into trouble just like there are none with Marshawn. But the guy does play RB with the same ferociousness Smith did as a DE, as long as Marshawn didn't rearrange somebody's face then I'm giving him some leeway. I think he's got a good heart, but just needs to grow up a little bit and learn how to deal with this new high profile NFL life of his. I'm guessing he gets two games tops.

Truth of the matter is this...Marshawn has made mistakes, dumb mistakes but that's what they are...mistakes. He is young, dumb and rich which is always a dangerous combination. Are we excusing his behaviour by admitting this? No. But what we should be doing as fans, is trying to get our organization to give him the help he needs to overcome his foolishness.

Good thought but the majority of the responsibility - 99% - rests with Marshawn. He has to decide if he is going to use these mistakes to learn from and move on in a productive way or if he is going to slip and fall again. I can only imagine given the temptations he faces as a very wealthy and now famous young man that his challenge is significant. However, he should keep in mind that many before him have watched all their money and fame evaporate in an instant. Look only to Travis Henry to see a recent running back from the Bills where there are parallels.

Very well stated! ^_^